shajdhari sikh.

onlycheema

Banned
haan, Seli Topi
jadh next Guru nu Gur Gaddi ditti jandi si (mostly by Baba Buddha Ji)
Seli Topi, Ikk laler (coconut) te 5 paise dena custom si.

This was abandoned during gurgaddi of our Sixth guru by Baba Buddha Ji.

There are a lot of guys who try to inflame passions, and write without any preclusion or any intention of taking part but rather spreading hate mongering. Sikh religion is relatively new, and hence lots of historical context is preserved. Punjabi University has lots of Ph.D. thesis devoted to it. We had developed our own language, our culture is a fork of prevalent Hindu culture at that time mixed with culture that invasions brought. Our cuisine is directly inspired by persian cuisine, and on top Punjabi shares same roots with Farsi. Now coming to the question, look into contemporary paintings of that time, the style that was being followed by painters was overall unique and shows all the gurus with beards and head coverings. The style distinctly changed with more exuberance and vigour around sixth guru's time. Sixth Guru, guru hargobind sahib ji, were most instrumental in establishing the present day sikhism combined with a modern approach of previous gurus. Sikhism is an incredibly modern religion, which has now been bogged down and encumbered with meaningless debates. Sixth guru envisioned sikhs to be powerful, rejuvenated bunch with morals of a saint. This is why the kakaars are considered important. Our founding fathers knew world will move on, but morals are not flexible. Hence, the external appearance is important. I am skipping the memory of sehajdhari sikhs, but this fork is not really an important one and important institutional heads, leaders were Sikhs. Sikhs were defined as who followed the path of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Full rehat maryada. There was literature on the point where Guru Gobind SIngh ji implicitly defined who a Sikh is. (Not the one that is often frequently quoted). Sehajdhari sikh is just a way to legitimize yourself as being called as Sikh, because otherwise we lost our identity. Identity is one of the most important aspects of human psychology. Even though, we cut hair but identify ourselves as Sikh, because it is a determination of our self-worth, and a feeling of being left orphan by our culture. It is intimately connected with our being, hence the whole battle of legitimizing our existence. I wish I could tell you even the name of the Thesis, my friend's dad was an examiner of this Thesis, but Punjabi University has some very brilliant minds doing research and answering these questions for our ease. Their digital presence is abysmal though. All of this material should be put in public domain.

I read this all in thesis around time when I used to study in depth. Science has such brilliant minds working behind it, there will always be divisions about how people think. Until 1800's air was considered to an invisible ether, Einstein's relativity theory was questioned, We still don't know if light is a particle or a wave, and big bang theory is being questioned again according to some new recent experiments. Its ok for your faith to be questioned, you have to be able to answer those questions. Our religion just started in 1500's, our history is wide open and has been studied extensively in Thesis. We are not the right people to dissect it, in my view. It is just mud-slinging from parties holding opposite views. It takes very less from anti people to incite pro people. It's all regrettable.

I consider it a good thing UNP does not score good in SEO rankings. Let the bubble remain confined here.

•-=»𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣«=-•

•Speak little, do much•
SGGS vich kesh baddhaun baare bhi kite kucch naheen likhiya.

Source : UNP
guru sahib ne kiha c>

26 jeth samat 1756 nu jo hukamnakam guru gobind singh ji mahraj ne kabal de sangat nu bhejea uss di copy iss tra hai >>
ik onkar satgur ji sahaye
sarbat sangat kabal guru rakhega,tusa utte sadi bahut khusi hai|tusa khande da amrit panja to laina |kesh rakhne,eh sadi mohar hai|kash kirpan da vishan ni karna ,sarabh loh da krahath rakhna ,dono wakt kesh palna karni,tumbakhu di varto ni karni ,bhadani thata kanya maran wale wale c milap n rakhe ......gurbani parhni ,waheguru waheguru japna ,guru ke rehat rakhni |

iss hukamname wich sareia galla lagbhag sapast han|

Sadhu

1756 da hukamnakam is not in d SGGS. SGGS is d guru. not hukamnama's outside it.
Guru Gobind Singh himself said, guru manyo granth. He dint say guru manyo hukamnama's
or committee produced rehat-maryada's.

N by d way d head gear worn by guru gobind singh too was actually a type of topi.
Does it even look like a turban or a dastar??

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
^^^ u must be 500 year old. I think u met every guru personally
Dats y u knw wht guru gobind singh ji wear, what dey eat :))

•-=»𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣«=-•

•Speak little, do much•
1756 da hukamnakam is not in d SGGS. SGGS is d guru. not hukamnama's outside it.
Guru Gobind Singh himself said, guru manyo granth. He dint say guru manyo hukamnama's
or committee produced rehat-maryada's.

N by d way d head gear worn by guru gobind singh too was actually a type of topi.
Does it even look like a turban or a dastar??

Evein Jabliya Maari Jana :hassa

onlycheema

Banned
Only d semitic religions questions d theory of relativity. D karmik religions like
Hinduism, Budhism, Taoism, jainism r relativist relagions, n always believed in
relativism. Sikhism too, only it arrived late on d scene.

Einstein belonged to a Semitic religion. Boom. So much for your verbal diarrhea.

Sadhu

Einstein belonged to a Semitic religion. Boom. So much for your verbal diarrhea.

U mayb don't klno what 'semitic' means. Christianity is a semitic religion. Einstein was a christian.
Einstein anyway nvr was a practising christian n was a relativist who nvr hid d fact dat he was
inspired by budhism n The Gita.

"When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe
everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein

onlycheema

Banned
^^
STFU. Einstein was Jewish. He was an Ashkenazi Jew, and this is why he emigrated to US when Germany was prosecuting Jews during Hitler's regime.

And christianity is a semitic religion too. No wonder how you spin it, you are full of lies.

Also that quote by Einstein is fabricated, just like "Bhagvad Gita was my Inspiration, it made me discover my inner monster and how I can destroy the world and spread hate." - Hitler.

This post is all that is needed to tell your true motive, spreading propaganda by any means.

Sadhu

^^
STFU. Einstein was Jewish. He was an Ashkenazi Jew, and this is why he emigrated to US when Germany was prosecuting Jews during Hitler's regime.

U r right. Only I thot U wud kno dat Hitler was anti-semitic.

Jews, Assyrians, Arabs, Maronites, Mandaeans, Druze, Samaritans, and Mhallami
from Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, the Sinai peninsula and the
Palestinian Territories, are all considered as Semite's.

The word "Semitic" is derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah in Genesis,
Genesis 6, Genesis 1021, or more precisely from the Greek derivative of that name
The noun form referring to a person is 'Semite'.