joke on sardar ???? huh

Ramta

People complaing about jokes on us Sikh I think are painting too grim a picture about Sikh children growing up in abuse.

There are so many other things that children come crying home about. Have we not heardof or seen someone offended on being called "MOTA"....
there was a "GITTHA" in my class and he used to cry when being teased. "GANJAA", "CCHALLA", "GAGDI"...In Marathi there was THEMLA...CHARKAT...MATTH...

The only wise thing one can do is to try to take the joke in ones stride and to let our children be the target of jokes and let them cry. Everybody can have their fun and give a damn to the souls of our children!!. Also, we can then watch our children grow and go on fighting back in the same language as they grow up. So, then we can also teach our children to fight back instantly rather than patiently arguing and whining and crying and complaining.

One phrase that children in my school used a lot was 'veer pann moorkh'. Now, before you get hot under the collar, let me explain that this was meant to describe people who would rush in to resolve a situation/ issue without knowing much about it. It did not necessarily mean that these people were 'moorkh', it just meant that their thinking process was initiated after they had already gotten head-first in a situation they knew nothing about. In plain english, you could probably call them impulsive.I myself am very implusive, and have been called a sardar, and/or since I am from Maharshtra where they say that people from my community have their brains in their knees - once gain, a reflection of the possibility that these people act first and fast. I am not ashamed of being impulsive, I have managed a head start in many things that I have done because of my impulsiveness. Also, if you have noticed, you don't hear too many jokes on mediocre people, do you? You hear jokes about amitabh bachchan, manmohan singh, saurav ganguly, bill gates etc. all of these people are successful people who have made it to the top. so guys we all here are lucky, if you agree with this logic, that you are being made fun of - that just shows that you are either loved or envied.

By all the jokes being directed towards us Sardars I deduct that we Sardars, by and large, are very much loved by the people in general and India loves them and cannot do without them.

Relax, Don't worry, Be happy...

Thanks
<!-- / message -->

prinzdude

People complaing about jokes on us Sikh I think are painting too grim a picture about Sikh children growing up in abuse.

There are so many other things that children come crying home about. Have we not heardof or seen someone offended on being called "MOTA"....
there was a "GITTHA" in my class and he used to cry when being teased. "GANJAA", "CCHALLA", "GAGDI"...In Marathi there was THEMLA...CHARKAT...MATTH...

The only wise thing one can do is to try to take the joke in ones stride and to let our children be the target of jokes and let them cry. Everybody can have their fun and give a damn to the souls of our children!!. Also, we can then watch our children grow and go on fighting back in the same language as they grow up. So, then we can also teach our children to fight back instantly rather than patiently arguing and whining and crying and complaining.

One phrase that children in my school used a lot was 'veer pann moorkh'. Now, before you get hot under the collar, let me explain that this was meant to describe people who would rush in to resolve a situation/ issue without knowing much about it. It did not necessarily mean that these people were 'moorkh', it just meant that their thinking process was initiated after they had already gotten head-first in a situation they knew nothing about. In plain english, you could probably call them impulsive.I myself am very implusive, and have been called a sardar, and/or since I am from Maharshtra where they say that people from my community have their brains in their knees - once gain, a reflection of the possibility that these people act first and fast. I am not ashamed of being impulsive, I have managed a head start in many things that I have done because of my impulsiveness. Also, if you have noticed, you don't hear too many jokes on mediocre people, do you? You hear jokes about amitabh bachchan, manmohan singh, saurav ganguly, bill gates etc. all of these people are successful people who have made it to the top. so guys we all here are lucky, if you agree with this logic, that you are being made fun of - that just shows that you are either loved or envied.

By all the jokes being directed towards us Sardars I deduct that we Sardars, by and large, are very much loved by the people in general and India loves them and cannot do without them.

Relax, Don't worry, Be happy...

Thanks
<!-- / message -->

I don't agree!!

amitabh bachchan, manmohan singh, saurav ganguly, bill gates etc are not any community or religion!

the mentality of people will have to be changed, by hook or by crook!

rahi bachheyan di gall, they do fight back on their level, but somewhere it is also our responsibility to discourage these jokes.

Je koi es tarah joke maar reha hunda hai taan main ikk vaar ohnu ghoor ke vekhda haan, ohde baad ohdi awaaz nai nikaldi.. Lokan nu pata hai, je putt sardaran da gusse 'ch aa gaya taan wadhoo kutt paini aa..