Regarding Sardarji Jokes

Ramta

People complaing about jokes on us Sikh I think are painting too grim a picture about Sikh children growing up in abuse.

There are so many other things that children come crying home about. Have we not heardof or seen someone offended on being called "MOTA".... there was a "GITTHA" in my class and he used to cry when being teased. "GANJAA", "CCHALLA", "GAGDI"...In Marathi there was THEMLA...CHARKAT...MATTH...

The only wise thing one can do is to try to take the joke in ones stride and to let our children be the target of jokes and let them cry. Everybody can have their fun and give a damn to the souls of our children!!. Also, we can then watch our children grow and go on fighting back in the same language as they grow up. So, then we can also teach our children to fight back instantly rather than patiently arguing and whining and crying and complaining.

One phrase that children in my school used a lot was 'veer pann moorkh'. Now, before you get hot under the collar, let me explain that this was meant to describe people who would rush in to resolve a situation/ issue without knowing much about it. It did not necessarily mean that these people were 'moorkh', it just meant that their thinking process was initiated after they had already gotten head-first in a situation they knew nothing about. In plain english, you could probably call them impulsive.I myself am very implusive, and have been called a sardar, and/or since I am from Maharshtra where they say that people from my community have their brains in their knees - once gain, a reflection of the possibility that these people act first and fast. I am not ashamed of being impulsive, I have managed a head start in many things that I have done because of my impulsiveness. Also, if you have noticed, you don't hear too many jokes on mediocre people, do you? You hear jokes about amitabh bachchan, manmohan singh, saurav ganguly, bill gates etc. all of these people are successful people who have made it to the top. so guys we all here are lucky, if you agree with this logic, that you are being made fun of - that just shows that you are either loved or envied.

By all the jokes being directed towards us Sardars I deduct that we Sardars, by and large, are very much loved by the people in general and India loves them and cannot do without them.

Relax, Don't worry, Be happy...

Thanks

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
i agreee first time in da recent times wid u bro..

guru film da dailogue suneya? agar lok tumhare bare mein batein karne lagen it means tum taraki kar rahe ho..lolz...

people try to make fun of only dose people, da ones dey never can be and dey always envy..

Ramta

munda wakhre type,

Time for a joke I think then...

Now the Paki army is finding itself helpless against the Sikh regimen.
So, they decide to outsmart them...
One of the shouts, "OYE Harbans..."
Harbans get's up " Kaun Eh Be". Gets shot.
"Oye Kartar..."
"Kaun Eh Be". Gets shot.
After an hour or so a Sikh shouts, "Oye Akram..."
No paki gats up. They are smart.
" Oye Karim". Nothing.
Now What. The Sikh know their game.
So one Paki shouts, "Akram Kaine Boliya".
"Oye Main Boleya Be". Gets Shot.
"Karim Kaine Boliya"..."Main Boliya".....

There is some one who really is in awe of the Sikh Regimen.
And I think we both know who...

- -
- -

Excerpts from the book ‘Crisis of Leadership’ by Maj. General M. Khan of Pakistan about the bravery of the Sikh soldiers during the Indo-Pak war.

"....the main reason of our defeat was Sikhs fighting facing us. We were helpless to do anything in front of them. Sikhs are very brave and they have a great craving for martyrdom. They fight so fiercely that they are capable of defeating an army many times bigger than theirs."

"....On 3<SUP>rd</SUP> December 1971, we fiercely and vigorously attacked the Indian army with our infantry brigade near Hussainiwala border. This brigade included Pakistan army’s fighter Punjabi regiment together with the Baloch regiment. Within minutes we pushed the Indian army quite far back. Their defence posts fell under our control. The Indian army was retreating back very fast and the Pakistani army was going forward with a great speed. Our army reached near the Kausre-Hind post. There was a small segment of the Indian army appointed to defend that post and their soldiers belonged to the Sikh Regiment. A few number of the Sikh Regiment stopped our way forward like an iron wall. They loudly greeted us with the ovation of ‘Bole-so-Nihal’ and attacked us like blood thirsty hungry lions and hawks. All these soldiers were Sikhs. There was even a dreadful hand-to-hand battle. The sky filled with roars of ‘Yaa Ali’ and ‘Sat-Siri-Akal’. Even in this hand-to-hand fighting the Sikhs fought so bravely that all our desires, aspirations and dreams were shattered."

".....In this war Lt. Col Gulab Hussain of Baloch Regiment got killed. With him Major Mohammed Zaeef and Captain Arif Alim also died. It was difficult to count the number of soldiers who got killed. We were astonished to see the courage of those handful of Sikh soldiers. When we seized the possession of the three-storey defence post of concrete, the Sikh soldiers went onto the roof and kept on persistently opposing us. The whole night they kept on showering fires on us and continued shouting the loud ovation of ‘Sat-Siri-Akal’. These Sikh soldiers kept on the encounter till the next day. Next day the Pakistani tanks surrounded this post and bombed it with guns. Those handful of Sikhs got martyred in this encounter while resisting us, but other Sikh soldiers then destroyed our tanks with the help of their artillery. Fighting with great bravery they kept on marching forward and thus our army lost its foothold."

"....Alas, a handful of Sikhs converted our great victory into a big defeat and shattered our confidence and courage. ." "....The same thing happened with us in Dhaka(Bangladesh). In the battle of Jaissur, the Singhs opposed the Pakistani army so fiercely that our backbone and our foothold was lost. This became the main and important reason of our defeat and the Sikhs’ fancy for martyrdom and mockery with death for the sake of safety and honour of the country, became the sole cause of their victory."

- -

- -

Thanks

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
"Oye Kartar..."
"Kaun Eh Be". Gets shot.
" Oye Karim". Nothing.

i had heard this other way round....

SehaJ

Troublemaker
"Oye Kartar..."
"Kaun Eh Be". Gets shot.
" Oye Karim". Nothing.

ahho ...lolzzz

pps309

Prime VIP

"Oye Kartar..."
"Kaun Eh Be". Gets shot.
" Oye Karim". Nothing.

hahaha.... i also heard the same other way ound.

Mainu kitto di anti-muslim sentiments di gandi boo aa rahi aa.

We all punjabis come here to have fun, we do not discourage any caste or religion.

We come here for love of our boli.....i.e. Punjabi.

Hasda vasda rahe United Punjab.....:kik :wa