Women who were raped at Greater Noida brick kiln recount their horrific experience

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
“He was almost the same age as my daughter,” said the 45-year-old woman of the one who raped and assaulted her at gunpoint.
“When I resisted, he beat up my children and raped me at gunpoint... I was severely beaten up.”
She is one of the three victims of the alleged gangrape and robbery incident at a Greater Noida brick kiln.
On the intervening night of November 1 and 2, six armed men allegedly struck an isolated colony of workers of a brick kiln adjacent to the Yamuna Expressway near Jewar.
They allegedly separated the men and the boys and tied up them up of the five-house colony before raping the women.
“We were sleeping inside when the men arrived... they pulled my husband out and I ran to save him. They beat me up and took me to one of the vacant rooms where I was raped. One robber with a countrymade weapon stood guard at the main gate while I was being raped. They had already beaten me up so bad that I had no strength left to resist...” said another victim, aged 20.

The attackers spent nearly two hours at the site before fleeing. Another victim, a 20-year-old widow, was also beaten black and blue before she was raped.
“I resisted and even hit one of the robbers on the head with a stick... he got infuriated and another arrived. They kicked me brutally and hit me with sticks and slippers before I fainted... a bulky man took me into one of the rooms and raped me... I pleaded with him, but he did not listen...,” she said.
The 20-year-old women are sisters-in-law. The victims said the attackers later dumped all the women in a single room and escaped with their valuables.
“I was sleeping outside the main gate. These men arrived with torches and said they were policemen out to inquire about a case. I am six months pregnant and I pleaded with him not to rape me, but he would not listen... then another of the gang standing nearby asked him to leave me and get some other woman,” said another woman.
The victims told the police that the attackers were aged between 25 and 35 and wore jeans, T-shirts, slippers and floaters.
“In the torchlight, I could see that they were wearing slippers, sports shoes and floaters, but no police uniform shoes. All the men of the kiln were brought and their hands were tied with clothes and bedsheets. They were held hostage at gunpoint in the last room... they beat up the children and the men whenever they tried to sleep or speak. After they left, the children untied us,” said the husband of the 45-year-old woman.
Following the intervention of locals and farmers who staged a protest at Rabupura police station the whole of Wednesday, the police lodged an FIR of gangrape and dacoity against the unidentified men.
“We are using every possible way to track the culprits. Some leads are being worked upon and the case will be cracked soon. A couple was robbed in another incident close to the kiln on the same evening. An inquiry is being conducted about the laxity of policemen in proper patrolling,” said Sujata Singh, superintendent of police (rural).