Three women gang-raped by robbers in Greater Noida

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Armed robbers struck at the house of brick kiln workers at a village in Greater Noida on Tuesday night, gang-raped three women and escaped with jewellery and cash.
It is suspected the same gang had robbed a woman at the same locality on Tuesday evening.
In his complaint, the husband of one of the victims said six-seven men arrived at their house around 12.30 am and said they were policemen and wanted to inquire something.
When the man opened the door, the armed men barged in, pulled out his wife and raped her one by one. They later raped two other women in the neighbourhood, the complainant said.
“I was brutally abused by the robbers,” said one of the rape victims. Another woman said, “I was helpless before them. They all raped me.”
Sujata Singh, superintendent of police (rural), said on Wednesday, “In both the cases, FIRs have been lodged. Both incidents seemed to be committed by same gang. The rape victims were sent for medical examination. We hope to crack the case soon and will arrest the culprits.”
Residents said had the police acted in the first robbery of a Dalit woman, the brick kiln incident could have been averted.
“When one of the women resisted, they beat her up and gang-raped her several times. Two other women were also raped by the gang members,” Dhirendra Singh, a farmer leader.
Members of the Rashtriya Kisan Union later sat on a dharna at the Rabupura police station, demanding arrest of the culprits.
“The dharna was lifted in the evening after deputy superintendent of police Dilip Singh arrived and pacified them,” Singh added.
“We have given an ultimatum of two days. The DSP has assured the culprits will be arrested in two days. If police fail to arrest the culprits, we will launch a protest from November 5 again,” Singh added.
In a similar incident, armed bandits ambushed a family on National Highway 91 in Bulanshahr and gang-raped a woman and her daughter on July 29.