Samosa Politics

according to an approximation around Rs. 2000 crores are recieved by the gurudwara management at the GOLDEN TEMPLE annually and there is no accountability as to where this money goes and if tomorrow some disproportions are found then it in no way can harm the dignity of the gurudwara, it will only cause harm to the management ...... similarly in this case also the respect of the gurudwara as such is not harmed at all

satinder82

He also talks about the pictures (Guns) printed on clothes, they are jus pictures. I mean look at the Games these guys come out with, kids in grade school are addicted to these games that promote Violence and what about cultures like hiphop, dont there clothes promote anything ??? Should have done his research jackass...

pink puma

Elite
He also talks about the pictures (Guns) printed on clothes, they are jus pictures. I mean look at the Games these guys come out with, kids in grade school are addicted to these games that promote Violence and what about cultures like hiphop, dont there clothes promote anything ??? Should have done his research jackass...

ok first of all dont swear, it'll just create more issues. secondly, yes they are just pictures, but dont you think this acts as a way to justify violence through religion?

if we read the saakis of guru gobind singh ji, the guru had always asked sikhs to first try out all the possible peaceful ways of solving an issue and picking up the weapons was the last option ....... but today carrying weapons is considered almost a part of sikhism which is not right

pink puma

Elite
if we read the saakis of guru gobind singh ji, the guru had always asked sikhs to first try out all the possible peaceful ways of solving an issue and picking up the weapons was the last option ....... but today carrying weapons is considered almost a part of sikhism which is not right

completely agree with you

diamond4ever

BIG KID
I saw the nagar kirtan pictures re:vaisakhi long ago and I was quite disappointed to see that instead of celebrating our religion some separatists were completely giving off the wrong message. I believe every religion has individuals who create politics, and they are usually the ones who least understand their religion. I am proud of to be a sikh, but I am NOT in agreement of khalistan. I don’t believe there is any need for it. It does not say anywhere that we are to divide our own nation and part it in two.
<O:p
Anyways, about the video – I just watched it. I’ve said this before, I am not in agreement of khalistan. I think that’s completely going against Sikhism. In my personal opinion, I think the journalist should have made it clear that extremists’ views are not of every sikh person. Not everyone is in support of their agenda.
I believe the money given to gurudwara by the gov’t was not necessary. This money should have been given to an assigned/specialized management, whose purpose is to solely sought after the newly immigrated. I don’t think money in Gurudwaras is being used to it’s rightful use. It’s all dirty politics. Its really hard to earn someone’s good eye for your community…but it only takes something like this or even less to change someone’s opinion about the community as a whole…..and people like me just get disappointed.
It’s the journalist’s job to make a controversial documentaries….they succeed..but its our community’s loss. Unfortunately we all have to live with the fact that these extremists do exists. They might claim to be Sikhs…but I don’t believe any part of them is a Sikh. Im sure even if they did get Khalistan…they still wont be content. It’s a game for them.
I am proud to be a sikh but im disappointed that a large no. of individuals who claim themselves to be Sikh have truly failed to understand OUR religion..and I am not referring to journalist…I am referring to the khalistan extremists.

sukkha

Dixie Gurudwara, the biggest in the Toronto area according to my knowledge, being sued?? OMG... I believe that this itself is disrespectful not only for the Gurudwara committee but for the whole community.

Its pretty clear. Those who dont wanna follow the exact principles and guidelines of Guru Gobind Singhji, will obviously not favor the Khalistan Movement.

Gabru veere, Hansra is a person who ran radio program in canada, He was sued by Ramuwalia, minister in central Government of India. So hanra linked that incident with Dixie Gurudwara and and all the claim was paid from Gurudwara account. I don't remember exactly but something like that happened and then Jathedaar from akal takhat favored Dixie gurughar and matter was solved.
ok As far as issue of khalistan is concerned, I am not speaking against khalistan. Demand of khalistan is valid or not that is a separate issue. But this is sure some people use this topic for political means.

pink puma

Elite
I saw the nagar kirtan pictures re:vaisakhi long ago and I was quite disappointed to see that instead of celebrating our religion some separatists were completely giving off the wrong message. I believe every religion has individuals who create politics, and they are usually the ones who least understand their religion. I am proud of to be a sikh, but I am NOT in agreement of khalistan. I don’t believe there is any need for it. It does not say anywhere that we are to divide our own nation and part it in two.
Anyways, about the video – I just watched it. I’ve said this before, I am not in agreement of khalistan. I think that’s completely going against Sikhism. In my personal opinion, I think the journalist should have made it clear that extremists’ views are not of every sikh person. Not everyone is in support of their agenda.
I believe the money given to gurudwara by the gov’t was not necessary. This money should have been given to an assigned/specialized management, whose purpose is to solely sought after the newly immigrated. I don’t think money in Gurudwaras is being used to it’s rightful use. It’s all dirty politics. Its really hard to earn someone’s good eye for your community…but it only takes something like this or even less to change someone’s opinion about the community as a whole…..and people like me just get disappointed.
It’s the journalist’s job to make a controversial documentaries….they succeed..but its our community’s loss. Unfortunately we all have to live with the fact that these extremists do exists. They might claim to be Sikhs…but I don’t believe any part of them is a Sikh. Im sure even if they did get Khalistan…they still wont be content. It’s a game for them.
I am proud to be a sikh but im disappointed that a large no. of individuals who claim themselves to be Sikh have truly failed to understand OUR religion..and I am not referring to journalist…I am referring to the khalistan extremists.

:clap thanks darling for your views, and i agree with you. there will also always be extremists in every religion. for example, there are islamic extremists, and even christian extremists, such as Timothy McVeigh who bombed a federal building in Oaklahoma. But these extremists dont represent that views of the entirety of their religion. it all depends on our interpretation of our religious principles and what is stated to us in the Guru Granth Sahib. but personally, i think what is stated in the Guru Granth Sahib should be taken as it is, at face value, and not toyed around with to be made something completely different that justifies things like revenge, murder, and seperatism.

diamond4ever

BIG KID
:clap thanks darling for your views, and i agree with you. there will also always be extremists in every religion. for example, there are islamic extremists, and even christian extremists, such as Timothy McVeigh who bombed a federal building in Oaklahoma. But these extremists dont represent that views of the entirety of their religion. it all depends on our interpretation of our religious principles and what is stated to us in the Guru Granth Sahib. but personally, i think what is stated in the Guru Granth Sahib should be taken as it is, at face value, and not toyed around with to be made something completely different that justifies things like revenge, murder, and seperatism.

yes you are right... the world would be 80% closer to Peace if the religious fires were put out. sadly, i don't see it happening any time soon...

Demand of khalistan is valid or not that is a separate issue. But this is sure some people use this topic for political means.
yes that is the problem the politicians plays their own games in the name of religion which is most harmful and be it any religion the genral public wants peace and prosperity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, take for example SHIROMANI AKALI DAL which means akal purkh ka dal means god's soldiers and these people do almost everything except religious work, they distribute drugs, alcohol openly during their election campaigns and then at the end of the day they also call themselves a religious party of sikhs ?????? HUH

harry sidhu

HarTeJ SidHu
oh hi navu u seem to b preparin quite nicely for ur lsat ! yaar i didn watch d documentary bt saw d facts on net n was truly shocked at seeing the acts wat people frm our community have been , like i mean to say why to declare martyr a guy who had made possible the worst massacre in canadian history . and our people ova there are declaring dis guy as a martyr , n moreova the english politicians are also supportin it just for sum votes to win the elections ! well i don agree wid the concept of khalistan dat our people have kept for india ! i think dis is all baseless n i have been to dixie n malton n my whole family was shocked to see the people from bluestar being declared as martyrs coz becoz of dese people , many young sikh youths were killed in 1984 ..
n bout dat khalistan thing dey want to fulfill dat is all of no use, like take the place where we live n i consider dese english people here quite helpful n gud to us as dey let us stay in with their community n work here etc etc u knw wat i mean to say , so ithe je kar oh loki iddan nahi sochde y do our people are always wid dis opinion of having a separate khalistan ? it is due to these people n politicians dat nt only our bt the oder communities earn a bad name !

bas khtam ho gya

thnk ju

hartej sidhu .........

pps309

Prime VIP
Khalistan-The Land of Khalsa
I believe any place where a Khalsa lives is Khalistan. Alas I see very few Khalsa. One who is Khalsa will always be khalsa no matter whether he is citizen of India, Pakistan, America or what and the land where he will live will always be Khalistan.
In my honest opinion demand for separate state is not right as of today. I will not like to discuss about 1940's, I will say Sikh leaders lost everything at that time..........I am totally confused what happened at that time why they thought of sticking with India then.

Now regarding the mix of religion and politics, in Sikhism Religion and Politics are inseparable. For a religion to prosper you should have a politically conducive environment. I just want to ask one question: Why Sikhi is so strong in North America then in India. I guess the reason is secular political environment by govt. of US.

There is no hidden fact that India is not safe for minorities, so need is to get a safer, secular and truly democratic India..........for that I will say wait-nd-watch............60 saal hon wale aa.....dekho haje kinne time hor lagda India nu secular democratic country banan ch.

Baki jidda uppar wale di marji hona odaa hi aa.....Jitthe Jeher Jhande Jhulne aa ohda hi Jhulne aa.

Ik gal kade na bhulyo chae Sikh aa ya Hindu ya fer Muslman kisse nu innocent nu marran to pella, kisse religion nu ganda akhaan to pella aa yaad rakhyo ke oh sab v osse Waheguru de banaye hoye aa jisde naam di loki Jung lari jande aa.................hehehe......Waheguru Sab nu Siddhe Raah Paave

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN
I have seen the vedio.. this all people doing politics and running their bussness on the name of khalistan. in present time no one is in favour of Khalistan if you will heard the speech of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawalle. he always said that he is not in favour of Khalistan. but is govt dont want to keep sikhs in india then they give us separate land we ll not show our back in that alsoo.(If govt dont want then only). but now these people doing bussness on the name of khalistan. every one today is in favour of silence. Instad of these things they have to praise for sikhismm wht thses people are doing........

Hay Waheguru Sachepatshah kirpa karoo