For the patty:
1/2 cup paneer, crumbled
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, boiled and coarsely crushed
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp green chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tbsp cornflour
Salt to taste
1/2 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3/4 cup water
Bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
2 burger buns
Butter for brushing
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 iceberg lettuce
4 tomato slices
4 onion slices
Salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
For the patty:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into two equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter patty.
3. Dip each patty in the maida-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
4. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each patty till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
How to proceed:
1. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
2. Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and apply ½ tbsp of mayonnaise on each bun halves.
3. Place an iceburg lettuce, 1 patty, 2 tomato slices and 2 onion slices and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
4. Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
5. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 1 more burger.
6. Serve immediately with french fries.