Man kills in-laws, attacks kids, wife says he tortured her as well

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
At 9 pm on Friday, Renu (26), a beautician, bade goodbye to her colleagues and began walking towards her home in south Delhi’s Chirag Dilli. She was two blocks away from her parents’ house in Jatav Mohalla when an acquaintance stopped her and broke the news. Her parents, two children and brother had been stabbed by her husband with a tent peg.
“I couldn’t believe it at first. I began running and on approaching the house could feel that something was wrong. There was a huge crowd outside. I pushed my way through and saw blood on the doorstep,” she said.
Her husband, Naval Kishore (28), alias Mintu, entered her house at 7pm with a tent peg and stabbed five people including his children. He first attacked his father-in-law, Trilok Chand (60), who was watching television in the hall. Later, he went to the bedroom and stabbed his mother-in-law, Roshni (55). His next targets were his children — daughter Neha (7) and son Laddu (5), who were with Roshni.
Later, he stabbed his brother-in-law, Lalit, who was coming out of a bathroom.
While Trilok Chand and Roshni died, the other three are injured and getting treatment at AIIMS.
Speaking to HT, Renu said that Mintu was an alcoholic. After their marriage in 2006, he allegedly started beating her, demanded dowry from her parents and tortured her on several occasions, she said.
“He kept harassing me even after our children were born. So I decided to move out and started living with my parents,” said Renu.
They reached a mutual agreement four months ago when Mintu promised to quit drinking. He shifted to Chirag Dilli from Haryana and began visiting his children every day. He was living alone in a rented flat and working as a driver for a house in Panchsheel Park.
“I met him few hours before the incident. He sounded fine. I had no idea what he was going to do next. If I would have been in the house, he would have attacked me as well,” she said.
Neighbours said that Mintu was caught when he came
out of the house and stood at the door. His shirt was soaked in blood and he had a tent peg in his hand.
On seeing them, Mintu panicked and started running in the opposite direction. But three men managed to apprehend him.
“Mintu was arrested. Neighbours thrashed him and kept him locked in a room till police arrived. Trilok and Rashmi died, while Lalit, Neha and Laddu are in critical,” said DCP (South) Ishwar Singh.