After losing bet, man forces ex-wife to sleep with friend

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A 42-year-old mother-of-two from Jaipur filed a rape complaint after her former husband tricked her into sleeping with his friend. She claimed that her ex-husband drugged her and took her to his friend's house after losing a bet.
The man, however, claims it was all for Nikah Halala, a Sharia law that requires the divorced woman to marry and consummate with another man before she can remarry her former husband.
A Hindustan Times report says he has a fake nikahnama with the stamp of the Jaipur city qazi, which states his ex-wife and the friend were married.

The woman said her ex-husband, who gave her triple talaq eight months ago, used to force her to sleep with his friends while they were still married, but she never gave in.
"I cannot get over the insult and shame meted out to me. My husband got me raped by his friend," the woman told HT. "I feel angry, depressed, scared."

Months after divorce, the man who still had relationship with the woman, took her out under the pretext of a drive, and drugged her.
"I was feeling unwell and he gave me some tablets. I felt dizzy after taking them. He then took me to his friend's house where he gave me some more tablets," she said.

"The next thing I remember is waking up naked on the floor next to his friend," she said, adding that when she tried to go to the police, her husband threatened her with a footage of the sexual act with his friend.
Nonetheless, she went to the police and filed a rape case against her ex and his friend.
"There was no nikah with the friend. It's a case of rape, not halala," she said.

Mohammed Iqbal of the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, a constituent of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board, said Nikah Halala is not valid in this case.
"If there was no nikah or any forced nikah, halala is not valid. This is a case of rape and the accused must be punished," he said.