######

Attachments

• north york sikh centre,on.jpg
    north york sikh centre,on.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,601

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
THANKS A TON TARAN FOR THIS THREAD.

JHULDE REHAN NISHAN KHALSE DE......... Feeling proud to be a part of such a growing community/religion.

thnx veer g !! :)

bas sab members nu benti hai ...ki kuj time nikal ke...apne shehr de guru ghar diyah photah share karan :pr !!

pps309

Prime VIP
GURUDWARA SAHIB, FREMONT, CA

Address: 300 Gurudwara Road, Fremont CA 94536 USA

This Gurughar is one of the biggest in terms of sangat in US. On each sunday average 5000 sangat members visit the Gurughar.
On special occasion like Bandi Shod Diwas or Guru Nanak Jayanti, you can find big queues and you may have to wait for hour or two in the queus itself.

2963837258_5a6d409cb6-1.jpg

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
^^ i hav dis pic in my computer......from long time...may b some...5-6 yrs....but nvr knew dat whr it is !

thnx veer g :)

pps309

Prime VIP
OLDEST GURDWARA IN NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT (1912),
ALSO KNOWN as "GADRI BABEYA DA GURDWARA"

Gurdwara Sahib, Stockton, CA

The first gurdwara in America, at Stockton, California. This was also called, "Gadari Babeyan da Gurdwara"—(the gurdwara founded by the members of the Hindustan Gadar Party.) Both these factors make it unique.
The oldest existing Sikh gurdwara in both the US and Canada was founded in 1912 and despite the fact that there are bigger gurdwaras, it has retained its pre-eminence in the religious history of North American Sikhs. Whenever there is a reference to the immigration of Sikh to these shores, a reference is always made to the Stockton gurdwara.

I have been there twice.
Stockton is also called the trucker's city of Punjabi's. Most of the Punjabi Truck owners are located here coz of stockton truck port.

stockton-1.jpg

pps309

Prime VIP
Yuba City Sikh Temple, Yuba City, California

Yuba city is called the mini Punjab of US. Punjabis settled here are now 3rd and 4th Generation Americans. They own big farm houses and partially maintains Roads and Infrastructure of Yuba City.

This Gurudwara is famous for its Nagar Kirtan (Yuba City Sikh Parade) held every first Saturday of November to celebrate the Guruta Gaddi Diwas. This year, in 2008 around 80,000 Sikh Sangat joined the Yuba City Sikh Parade.
I have been to this Nagar Kirtan three times.