Sikh Marriage Act -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any harm in re-enacting the Sikh Marriage Act, if it makes a particular community happy.
The re-enactment of this act by no means is infringing the rights of other citizens.
But abolishing this act and implementing another, still starting with the name of some religion, does gives an impression of authoity of that religion over sikhs.

Anyhow, Sikhs are proving them to be sub-sect of hindus.
Sikh ladies do Karva-chauth, Navratri and another fasts.
Sikhs consult pundit ji for fixing the date of anand karaj.
Sikhs do not eat meat on specific days of the week.
Sikhs put sindoor, iron nails in their karah parsad and offer it to sangat.
Sikhs donate black dal with iron nails to gudwaras on saturday.
Sikhs wear all type of stones related to sun signs.
Sikhs do shraadhs, goes to kiratpur or hardwar to throw ashes and bones of dead one's.

Sikhs are worse then any other community, they are fools and don't know what they are.

I don't see any harm in re-enacting the Sikh Marriage Act, if it makes a particular community happy.
The re-enactment of this act by no means is infringing the rights of other citizens.
But abolishing this act and implementing another, still starting with the name of some religion, does gives an impression of authoity of that religion over sikhs.

Sikhs do shraadhs, goes to kiratpur or hardwar to throw ashes and bones of dead one's.

Sikhs are worse then any other community, they are fools and don't know what they are.

Well that is just an ignorance of some sikhs. Well this kind of ignorant are there in every community. But most of my sikh friends, they just believe in S.G.G.S. and dont believe in any superstitions.

So you cannot generalize the whole sikh community on the basis of your observation of some sikhs.

Generalization.

Saadi family chon koi karvachauth ni karda....saadi family chon koi kisey babey dey ni janda.....saadi family ch koi saaari ni paunda....saadi family cho koi mandir v ni janda.

Ehda dian examples tah meh v dey sakda 22 ji.......Jehrey adar kardey a sikhi da act ohna lai a.....na ki ohna lai jehrey nahi kardey oh tah pehla hi bahut khush ney.

Naale bire, je Guru ji ne keha hai clear cut * sab sikhan ku hukam hai, Guru manyo Granth*

fer taan apna hi fault hai, jehre wi guru de kahey tu bahar jaande ne. Naale we should not be dependent on spoon-feeding. We should start reading the S.G.G.S. on our own, rather than relying on someone else to teach what is written in it. Because Gurus created the Gurumukhi, to improve the readability of the religious texts. If we still cant follow it, then dont expect any improvement...because our religious party and religious institutions are busy playing politics...so now everything is left to the discretion of the individual.

for example, if the student is going to school. But then teachers get busy in playing politics rather than concentrating on teaching the students. Then student should not rely on getting the knowledge from the teachers. Instead he or she should follow his or her textbook to gain the expected knowledge.
And if someone is not even following his or her textbook, and instead start reading other books which is irrelevant to his studies. Then rabb rakha, ihe je bande da.

I know i m going off topic....but it is somehow related to why sikhs are going in the opposite direction.

snoopy_amli

___I. A. F.___
Well that is just an ignorance of some sikhs. Well this kind of ignorant are there in every community. But most of my sikh friends, they just believe in S.G.G.S. and dont believe in any superstitions.

So you cannot generalize the whole sikh community on the basis of your observation of some sikhs.

baby yu shud come down to other parts of INDIA as well ...leave Punjab for some time

i alws feel Punjabiyat roams around PUNJAB, Canada, Uk , us only?????

look at us SIKHS living in other parts of INDIA

we dun hav any prob wid these mariage acts ...as we live here ...we walk with hindus talk with hindus ((muslims too))

yes WE DO KARVA CHOUTH VART.......we DO VISIT mandirs

i personaly do all the varts..that doesnt make me FOOL???

my many muslim and Hindu frnds visit GURUDWARA with me??

shud they also be sentenced????

doesnt matter...we dun need any piece of parchament to prove it..we are sikhs???

kal nu tussi kehna we need to prove that we are JATTS..another certificate for that???? :wacko

baby yu shud come down to other parts of INDIA as well ...leave Punjab for some time

we dun hav any prob wid these mariage acts ...as we live here ...we walk with hindus talk with hindus ((muslims too))

doesnt matter...we dun need any piece of parchament to prove it..we are sikhs???

kal nu tussi kehna we need to prove that we are JATTS..another certificate for that???? :wacko

I think terey utoh ti lang gi gul

At the end of the day the law says that i am a hindu and i dont want that there because it classifies me as something i am not. seen?

because....i am a sikh....I dont have a problem with anyone doing karvachauths or varats...or anything. Tehnu ki lagda punjab ch hindus nu eh cheezan karan toh rokea janda? Oh ohna di apni gul a. The point I am making is sikhs in PUNJAB strive for "official recognition".

Ah question da answer dey. Why doesnt the indian constituion give sikhs the official recognition? 2 much to ask for????

Jeh ehney "fair" a jihney tooh dus rahi an.....tah kyun ni dindey "official recognition" . I mean its not hard to bind everything under the "INDIAN ACT" rather than "HINDU ACT" or add in different sections for "JAINS, SIKHS & BUDDHIST" people.

Why do you people label every1 who talks about "official recognition" as a seperatist??? Hun meh constitution nu amend karan di gul kiti a...jst cuz i am a minority....does that make me a seperatist??:w

Jeh hun gul shuru kit a tah sun...:chew

Punjab dian joh problems ah oh bahar dey bandea nu samajh ni aundia... these go way back....be4 independence.....you think these just popped up...asking for official recognition, water control & more independence in amending state rules.:chew

Before independence, sikhs were promised they would have an area in the so called "INDIA" where they can make their own laws for their state and their religious rights are respected in the "INDIAN CONSTITUION".:bak

On those assurances:thappar.....our leaders signed to be a part of "INDIA" not "HINDUSTAN". Yes sikhs would have gotten the so called "KHALISTAN" just like muslims got their "PAKISTAN" but we decided that it was wise to stick together. what do we get?

After independence......

we get slapped:thappar....with

A BIASED constitution that does not even recognize us as a seperate religion.

OUR state waters almost gets taken away and gets distributed to other states and our state does not get anything for it.

Our land gets taken away.....Chandigarh which serves as a union territory is made on PUNJAB's land and serves as a capital for both HARYANA & PUNJAB. It was said that haryana needs time and would make its own capital....where did that promise go especially now when harayana has panchkula:cool:. GIVE CHANDIGARH BACK IF YOUR INDIA IS THAT FAIR.:rolleyes:

When our people were peacefully protesting BEFORE 1984 they were struck down by police cuz your loving "INDIRA GANDHI" did not want to embarres herself for her wrong doings infront of international audience because of the Asian games being held. She took down her own people.:o

Our state infrastructure and education system gets destroyed. Did you know if you go to a christian school in PUNJAB there is internal discrimination if they see you with a PAGG (i.e fromt the administration). When we open schools that are funded with our own money and we want everyone to wear a pagg.....there is outrage and people think its discriminatory. Double standards???????:rolleyes:

And i got loads of examples like these.....par jeh meh likhan lag gea...tah ah topic ki board v chota pai jana. In short sikhs want "official recognition" so that things that have happened in the past dont happen again. Its our legal way of ensuring that we are protected. Jehrey Punjab to bahar india ch born ney bolna tah bahut aunda.....asin saarey khathey rehna...par kahdi apney lai v kuch kar liya karo. :cool: Let me guess your greatest invention was "Sardar jokes"???

Saara kuch ajj tak Punjab dey bandea ney apney sir tey kita.....India should learn something from America.......It's called the United States of America....and still states have considerable amount of Independence. Jehra hun India barey sochda jeh ohnu v tusi seperatist kahi jana tah tuhada rab rakha.:pr

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
At the end of the day the law says that i am a hindu and i dont want that there because it classifies me as something i am not. seen?

The laws says you have followed hindu traditions ( caste,dowry ) that are barred in Sikhism, you have the same legal rights and ground for divorce etc. so you are slapped with a hindu marriage certificate :p

Ah question da answer dey. Why doesnt the indian constituion give sikhs the official recognition? 2 much to ask for????

The constitution does recognize Sikhs under "National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992" so we don't need an act just for that :)

Our land gets taken away.....Chandigarh which serves as a union territory is made on PUNJAB's land and serves as a capital for both HARYANA & PUNJAB. It was said that haryana needs time and would make its own capital....where did that promise go especially now when harayana has panchkula. GIVE CHANDIGARH BACK IF YOUR INDIA IS THAT FAIR.

• Chandigarh was formed when Punjab, Haryana and Himachal were together and not just for today's Punjab.
  • Punjab was created as people demanded for Punjabi speaking majority state,not the case in Chandigarh, Punjabi and Hindi is equally spoken so its rightfully a UT
  • Please let us ( the Citizens of Chandigarh ) to decide what we want and stfu :p
Our state infrastructure and education system gets destroyed. Did you know if you go to a christian school in PUNJAB there is internal discrimination if they see you with a PAGG (i.e fromt the administration). When we open schools that are funded with our own money and we want everyone to wear a pagg.....there is outrage and people think its discriminatory. Double standards???????

I went to a christian school, Principal was a Sikh lady, most other teachers were either Sikh or Hindu and Turban was compulsory for Sikh students 8th standards onwards.
Most of my cousins went to christian schools as well and situation was similar.I wonder where you got that discrimination idea.

I went to a christian school, Principal was a Sikh lady, most other teachers were either Sikh or Hindu and Turban was compulsory for Sikh students 8th standards onwards.
Most of my cousins went to christian schools as well and situation was similar.I wonder where you got that discrimination idea.

Some of my cousins went to a christian school 2 and unfortunately the principal their was not a sikh....and they were called into the principals office and were told flat on their face that they were not supposed to be seen with pagg.:rolleyes: One incident happened in your beloved Chandigarh and the others happened in Punjab.

Since then they changed schools....and are happy with their lives. I can provide you with the schools name and principals name if neccessary to show that i am not making sh*t up. Just stating the cold hard facts.

I'll reply to the rest of your post in a bit.......i have class at 8.30 and i its 2.16 here and i have to get some sleep.:zzz

The constitution does recognize Sikhs under "National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992" so we don't need an act just for that.

Kiddah recognize karda???...Mehnu poori act ch sikh na da wrd ni labhea......whereas marriage act ch saaf likhea...."sikhs are classified as hindus".

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
A school in Chandigarh not allowing turban is absolute rubbish.

Five religious communities viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis have been declared as minority communities by the Union Government notification dated 23.10.1993 issued by Ministry of Welfare. As per the functions of NCM laid down in Section 9 (1) of the National Commission Minorities Act, 1992,

Alright lady, relax, everybody is adult here. You finished talking about other parts of punjab. And now i tell u about punjab, north-america and uk. Here also, we chill with the Hindu friends and where did i say that sikhs should not hang out with hindu's or muslim's for that matter?? Do not misquote me! I respect all the communities. And where did i object any sikhs going to mandir or vice versa??

And baaki gall aayi, sikh ho ke karva chauth de varatt rakhan di. Taan sikhan ch vi 2 type de sikh hunde ne. Manmukh and Gurmukh. According to "Gur-matt", a sikh should follow the lifestyle as explained by S.G.G.S. And where did in S.G.G.S, guru ji said to keep karva chauth varatts?

However in the end, it is upto the sikh individual whether he or she wants to be manmukh or gurmukh! Tuhade hisaab naal taan kal nu tusin suggest karungey , ke sikh should allow sati-pratha too, but they cannot..because it was abolished by Guru Amardas ji.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
And baaki gall aayi, sikh ho ke karva chauth de varatt rakhan di. Taan sikhan ch vi 2 type de sikh hunde ne. Manmukh and Gurmukh. According to "Gur-matt", a sikh should follow the lifestyle as explained by S.G.G.S. And where did in S.G.G.S, guru ji said to keep karva chauth varatts?

And where in SGGS Guru Ji asked to do Akhand Paaths :)

And where in SGGS Guru Ji asked to do Akhand Paaths :)

The continuous recitation (without any break) of the Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji from beginning to end, (all 1430 pages,) lasting about 48 hours, by a team of readers is known as Akhand path.

I am sure you heard of Bani Guru, Guru hey Baani????

Shabad Guru a......tey Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji ch simran karna likhea.

Jeh baani paran nu Akhand path da naam dita janda tah ehdey ch prblm ki a????:rolleyes:

Rahi gul karvachath di......

This is part of a Shabad by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 216

barath naem sa(n)jam mehi rehathaa thin kaa aadt n paaeiaa ||
Fasting, daily rituals, and austere self-discipline - those who keep the practice of these, are rewarded with less than a shell.:pr

A school in Chandigarh not allowing turban is absolute rubbish.

You are entitled to believe what you want but just because it did not happen with you does not mean it did not happen at all. :rolleyes:

P.S - I still gotta reply to your other post.....but i am here stuck with midterms so i am keeping my posts to a minimum.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
The continuous recitation (without any break) of the Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji from beginning to end, (all 1430 pages,) lasting about 48 hours, by a team of readers is known as Akhand path.

I am sure you heard of Bani Guru, Guru hey Baani????

Shabad Guru a......tey Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji ch simran karna likhea.

Jeh baani paran nu Akhand path da naam dita janda tah ehdey ch prblm ki a????:rolleyes:

Rahi gul karvachath di......

This is part of a Shabad by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 216

barath naem sa(n)jam mehi rehathaa thin kaa aadt n paaeiaa ||
Fasting, daily rituals, and austere self-discipline - those who keep the practice of these, are rewarded with less than a shell.:pr

Baani Simran is a way to understand Sikh Philosophy, All Sikhs should do that.
Hiring others to do that is a ritual and doing that on the trot is self-discipline ,

Gabhru_Top_Da;1233o611 said:
You are entitled to believe what you want but just because it did not happen with you does not mean it did not happen at all. :rolleyes:

I Know it doesn't happen, your cousins have lied or twisted the truth for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.