Sikh Marriage Act ready for Cabinet nod

And Where does Hindu and Sikh religion states that one can't have more than one wife ?
Its just the law that we follow.
And that law should apply to Muslims as well.

Ceremonies are not required to register a marriage. That's how it is.

Are you asking me to prove that pologyamy is not allowed in Sikhism??

Ceremonies are not required to register a marriage. That's how it is.

Marriage card or a Marriage certificate issued by a Gurudwara or a Mandir is neccessary??? isnt it??

http://faridkot.nic.in/puf/marriage_certificate_forms.pdf

http://faridkot.nic.in/puf/marriage_certificate_forms.pdf

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Polygamy was quite prevailant amont Sikhs just few decades back.

Certificate issued by Gurdwara/Mandir will expediate the process but its not necessary. Everyday hundreds of couples elope in India and register their marriage in courts.

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
how can a single act cover all the different rituals which are performed during marriage?
Hindu marriage is performed around fire, whereas in case of Sikhs, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Himself is present there.
so how can these two be put in one single act?
and as far as u said Mr. Dhillon, dat rituals are not necessary in the marriage, bro as far as Sikh marriage is concerned, its not complete till Anand Karaj have been performed.
if you so much believed about no necessity of rituals, den why didn't u urself oppose dese so called un-necessary rituals in your own marriage. ( though I ain't fully sure, but do believe dat Anand Karaj did take place in your marriage. But, in case there was no such ritual in ur marriage, den take it as if i never said the upper lines.)
But in a Sikh marriage presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a must, n He is not dere cos of it being a religious book or sumthin(which sum people believe it to be, n i surely do feel pity for dem), but is there as The Guru Himself.
n other thing said by you Dhillon was polygamy being prevailant amongst Sikhs, well bro even dese days Sikhs cut dere hair, drink alcohol, eat meat, but are dese things allowed? so if somebody was indulging in polygamy, den its not dat he wasn't going against the law or norms.................

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
First: I am not saying ceremony and rituals are unnecessary, I am saying that ceremonies/ rituals and certificates from Gurdwara/Mandirs are not required to legally register a marriage.

And why do we need to cover rituals in a legal document ?

pps309

Prime VIP
Enactment of Sikh Marriage Act or Anand Marriage Act is long time demand of Sikhs, teh very basic reason for that is acceptance of Sikh religion as separate identity then Hindus. Till now, Indian constitution do not recognise sikh as separate religion then Hindus. Accoridng to article 27 c of constiution Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains are sub sect of Hindu.
Sikhs should also wait, they should not be so happy. Act has still to be passed and none of us know what is in act. You never know if there is some shock for you in the act.

Regarding Indian Marriage Act. India cannot do that. All chaddiwalah will burn India if Hindu marriage act is abolished or terminated.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
National Commission for Minorities Act recognize 'Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis' as seperate minority communities.

chaddiwale, dhoti wale, ghaghriwale and pajami wale will always find fault with something or other, uhna da ki.

userid50966

National Commission for Minorities Act recognize 'Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis' as seperate minority communities.

chaddiwale, dhoti wale, ghaghriwale and pajami wale will always find fault with something or other, uhna da ki.
tell me how many marriages that are performed in remote villages are registered in courts?
very few is the answer thn wht abt the other marriages that are not registered?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
tell me how many marriages that are performed in remote villages are registered in courts?
very few is the answer thn wht abt the other marriages that are not registered?

Ok not many, so are you implying that we do not need any marriage act ?

userid50966

no my frnd i'm saying that for prooving those marriages we need marriage act that prooves their marriages , and for that it is going to depend on the rituals performed belonging to ones religion , like for hindua sat ferea around fire, for muslims girls saying yes three times in presence of kaji , for sikhs anand karj
so there is definate need for separate marriage act to define all these marriages

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
To register a marriage all you need is a willing adult couple and two witnesses. Law do not care for the rituals or ceremonies.

Also the very basic of Anand karj is that no dowry should be given or taken and No consideration should be given to caste.
The day religious marital principles are strictly enforced 95% sikh marriages will have to be abolished :an

The Hindu Marriage act classifies all those except Muslims and Christians as Hindus.

What about that??

Are they hindus or seperate minorities????

which one is right?

or are the consitution makers stupid enough to contradict themselves at several places?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
That's exactly why there should be Indian Marriage Act or there will always be some discontented community.

Can you see how much fuss it will create if the Hindu act is abolished???

There will be a HUGE uproar.

We are not at that stage yet where we can have one act that covers everyone. At the moment, this will create more ill feeling then good. Muslims will say this doesn't represent them equally...i.e more then one wife issue....and other communities will also find other reasons.

Maybe in the future, this can be implemented but right now seperate acts are the way to go for all the reasons mentioned in this thread.

That's exactly why there should be Indian Marriage Act or there will always be some discontented community.

That is exactly why we have seperate marriage acts...:wacko.....Why paint everyone with the same brush when we can easily accomodate them???

If anything it will make them happy and add to our nation's prosperity.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
That is exactly why we have seperate marriage acts...:wacko.....Why paint everyone with the same brush when we can easily accomodate them???

If anything it will make them happy and add to our nation's prosperity.

You do not realize how diverse the Indian diaspora is, any number of marriage acts will not be enough.
even the sub-sects within hindus have different marital rituals. Not all hinuds do fere around fire.

pps309

Prime VIP
What is the guarantee that a common marriage act will be formulated such a way that it will fulfil the aspirations of all the minorities, it will not wash the distinct identity of colorful minorities and assimilate all into one common majority?

In my opinion, Common marriage acts will give a way to common civil codes (as propagated by BJP), which will never work for minorities. CCC will always hinder with the distinctivness of minority and assimilate them to majority.

So looking at long term disadvantages of common law, I am not in favor of Common or Indian Marriage Act.

userid50966

the guy talking about one marriage act don't know or have very little knowledge abt makinglaws and how it works.. let me ask u question very simple mr dhillion
is there any country in world that has one marriage act ?
if answer is yes thn i agree to him if not thn he need to under stand how laws are made and how it works
For Instance

many people dont registered their marriages iiin India it self , even though i agrre to ur statement that it is easy(under special marriage act), but what happen if there i quarell between two parties who didn't registered their marriage and boy throws a girl out of his house , how she is going get her rights , because according to law or say paper documents she is not married , becoz couple didn't register their marriage ?

that is logical explanation adding to it
whose law is greater the holy god who created whole universe or the law made by us?
and religion taught us a way to become part of all mighty god , and if stop beliving in religious rituals by that we are prooving that we are above that all mighty god

think abt it

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
What is the guarantee that a common marriage act will be formulated such a way that it will fulfil the aspirations of all the minorities, it will not wash the distinct identity of colorful minorities and assimilate all into one common majority?

In my opinion, Common marriage acts will give a way to common civil codes (as propagated by BJP), which will never work for minorities. CCC will always hinder with the distinctivness of minority and assimilate them to majority.

So looking at long term disadvantages of common law, I am not in favor of Common or Indian Marriage Act.

Marriage acts deals with the legal aspects of marriage. It should do just that and nothing else.
If Hindu marriage Act is renamed as Indian Marriage Act, And any mention of marital rituals and group classifications are removed, Whatever left will absolutely apply to all Sikhs.

If Sikhs have to follow same traffic rules as Hindus, are they loosing their Distinctiveness and Identity ??

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
the guy talking about one marriage act don't know or have very little knowledge abt makinglaws and how it works.. let me ask u question very simple mr dhillion
is there any country in world that has one marriage act ?
if answer is yes thn i agree to him if not thn he need to under stand how laws are made and how it works
For Instance

many people dont registered their marriages iiin India it self , even though i agrre to ur statement that it is easy(under special marriage act), but what happen if there i quarell between two parties who didn't registered their marriage and boy throws a girl out of his house , how she is going get her rights , because according to law or say paper documents she is not married , becoz couple didn't register their marriage ?

that is logical explanation adding to it
whose law is greater the holy god who created whole universe or the law made by us?
and religion taught us a way to become part of all mighty god , and if stop beliving in religious rituals by that we are prooving that we are above that all mighty god

think abt it

Most countries have Single Marriage Acts, If you think you know more than me, Name some countries other than the failed State Pakistan with multiple marriage acts.

I didn't get any other point you are trying to make.