Dasam Granth Discussion

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
moving on..

What about Kalki Avatar chapter ?

Not reading Puraan, Finding faults in Veds and Women Marrying into lower caste are deemed very undesirable.

Isn't it against the principles of Sikhi , especially the caste thing ?

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
My personal view is this kalki avtar stuff makes sense if you analyse whats happening in the world and society today. Eventually it will all end in disaster for humanity and the world then again the cycle of the ages start again. Though hinduism's take on it is biased towards keeping their caste system in place which is against the philosophy of Sikhi.

for example read this line

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]ਨ ਅਉਰ ਅਉਰ ਨਏ ਨਏ ਮਤ ਮਾਸ ਮਾਸ ਉਚਾਂਹਿਗੇ ॥ ਦੇਵ ਪਿਤਰਨ ਪੀਰ ਕੌ ਨਹੀ ਭੂਲ ਪੂਜਨ ਜਾਂਹਿਗੇ ॥ ੧੮॥
पुन अउर अउर नए नए मत मास मास उचांहिगे ॥ देव पितरन पीर कौ नही भूल पूजन जांहिगे ॥१८॥
There will be the birth of new religions every year and the people even by mistake will not worship gods, manes and pirs.18.
[/FONT]
is it not happening???

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]ਦੇਵ ਪੀਰ ਬਿਸਾਰ ਕੈ ਪਰਮੇਸ੍ਰ ਆਪ ਕਹਾਂਹਿਗੇ ॥ ਨਰ ਭਾਂਤ ਭਾਂਤਨ ਏਕ ਕੋ ਜੁਰ ਏਕ ਏਕ ਉਡਾਂਹਿਗੇ ॥
देव पीर बिसार कै परमेस्र आप कहांहिगे ॥ नर भांत भांतन एक को जुर एक एक उडांहिगे ॥
Forgetting the gods and Pirs, the people will call themselves God; several kinds of people will get together and spread various types of rumours;

it is true right???

read kalki panth man
guide to Sikhism, its social and spiritual roots, its history,beliefs and philosophy.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you read kalki avtar there are many signs which was not at all a common thing in times it was written many things seems common more over their are certain signs which are still not common so what ever the case is there are many years before such things starts happening ...

[/FONT]

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I am not sure I got you there.

Why is Inter-caste marriages is 'kalyug' ?

What happened to 'Ek pita ekas ke hum barak' ?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Guru Ji is not critical of inter-caste marriages. The understanding to this is that Guru Ji is telling is that all people willwaver from their religious paths to extremes, such as Brahmans residing with shudranees. They will lose all understanding of dharma.

It says that society will lose its moorings and traditions and
there will be upheaval in social structure.

Yes, he is.
besides its best you post your own views on it, rather than copy / pasting.

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
Yes, he is.
besides its best you post your own views on it, rather than copy / pasting.
veer ji i am just trying to give you answer of questions.....this same thing i will write in my own words..what difference it will make/what i want to say is these posts..i agree with these posts...veer ji i am not gursikh,i do not read dasam granth ji every day.so i have to do some research on internet to give you answer of your questions

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
I am not sure I got you there.

Why is Inter-caste marriages is 'kalyug' ?

What happened to 'Ek pita ekas ke hum barak' ?
Ek pita ekas ke hum barak yes i am agree with that,
an dasam says same thing

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਸਹਿਤ ਜਾਤਨ ਸੰਦੇਹਿ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੋ ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਛੋਡਤ ਨੇਹ ॥
जे जे सहित जातन संदेहि ॥ प्रभ को संगि न छोडत नेह ॥
Those who consider the castes illusory, they do not abandon the love of the Lord.

ਤੇ ਤੇ ਪਰਮ ਪੁਰੀ ਕਹ ਜਾਹੀ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਅੰਤਰੁ ਕਛੁ ਨਾਹੀਂ ॥੨੧॥
ते ते परम पुरी कह जाही ॥ तिन हरि सिउ अंतरु कछु नाहीं ॥२१॥
When they leave the world, they go to the abode of the Lord, and there is no difference between them and the Lord.21.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਜੀਯ ਜਾਤਨ ਤੇ ਡਰੈ ॥ ਪਰਮ ਪੁਰਖ ਤਜਿ ਤਿਨ ਮਗਿ ਪਰੈ ॥
जे जे जीय जातन ते डरै ॥ परम पुरख तजि तिन मगि परै ॥
Those who fear the castes and follow their path, abandoning the Supreme Lord.

ਤੇ ਤੇ ਨਰਕ ਕੁੰਡ ਮੋ ਪਰਹੀ ॥ ਬਾਰ ਬਾਰ ਜਗ ਮੋ ਬਪੁ ਧਰਹੀ ॥੨੨॥
ते ते नरक कुंड मो परही ॥ बार बार जग मो बपु धरही ॥२२॥
They fall into hell and transmigrate again and again.22.

but there is one discipline in the world..Hindus follow their path and Sikhs follow their faith..if you are Sikh ,be a true Sikh,,if you are hindu be a hindu ...what will happen if we mix these all faiths ,,hindus will never sikh faith..and sikhs will never follow hindu faith..what will happen then????destruction , fighting ...........guru ji are not agianst inter caste marriage,guru ji says that if u gonna marry with muslim girl,,then make sure u belive in one dharma and faith,,u should join muslim religon or that girl should come in sikhism..make a decision,,don t let dharma die in your life////[my opinionss]

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
lol, I like you. Usually people get super angry arguing over religion.
You don't seem to loose your composure.
You are wise for your age :)