Why do Sikhs keep hair?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Apne views nu thora explain kitta, channgi taraa samjhaun di koshish kitti, taa ki gallat ho gya??

i was referring to question asked by Bullesha 'Why cover the head'

Shaukeen Gabru ne hi jawab ditta,Bakiyan ne ta Fatva kadd ditta Bulleshah da.

pps309

Prime VIP
I had asked the same from my parents,I was told 'separate identity'.I'd like to hear other views.
I think you are right...most Sikhs keep it to maintain their identity. And also its like tradition which is running from years.

For me it is also one of the ways to pay respect and gratitude to Sikh Gurus and Saheeds.

pps309

Prime VIP
This is what Bulleshah is trying to say,

Sikhs regard Hairs as God's Gift and yet its considered disrespecting when you go to a Gurudwara without covering your head.
Dhillon 22.............you have to be moderator for bulle shah.....nahi ta jehre dhang naal ohne questioning kita a kuch threads ch....loki sachi osda fatva kad den ge......:roll :roll

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
umm aaho,I have read most of his posts.Its not his views but the way he is presenting them is what creating problems.

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
This is what Bulleshah is trying to say,

Sikhs regard Hairs as God's Gift and yet its considered disrespecting when you go to a Gurudwara without covering your head.

tuhanu bahut pata bulle shah ki kehan di koshish kar reha.
ohne apniya galla ch sikhi te moonh te chaper maari hai
tauheen keeti hai
why does he comeback everytime to put sikhism down?

and we all know why we cover our heads and why we keep our hair.

full_taur

Sehaj,

If it is God's gift, then why hide it under a turban? Covering head for humility is OK but if you can keep the hair tidy while it is down then what is wrong with that?

Sikhism doesn't really require that of people? That they maintain unshorn Hair and then tie it up, comb twice a day and tie a specific head cover? It all seems pointless and ritualistic and Sikhism was supposed to be "Anti-Ritual", progressive and liberal, and never demanded such a social contract from the Sikh.

what do you expect will be written in Sri Guru Granth saahib ji that you have got to comb your hair and all.. C'mon man do someone ask you to brush your teeth.. tell me where is it written... Do someone ask you to take bath... tell me where is it written.. IF U CONSIDER BATHING & TEETHING A RITUAL, THEN GOD SAVE YOU

Anyways in Sikhism, Hairs are considered Guru's gift and thats why its said that you should be pure in form and pure from heart too.. and thats why we maintain our hair healthy and comb it and do whatever we can to save our hairs.....

what you mean by rituals & all.. Sikhism was meant to be without any rituals and superstitions and all. If you are saying having 5 kakaars or being a khalsa is ritual, then thats wrong. Its a way that you can be pure to god and its a way that you can be disciplined and you always remember to remember god, so thats why you are asked to do nitnem and stay away from Drugs and nasha & all..

There is a protocol of doing everything and likewise there is a protocol to being a sikh and the 5 Kakaars(Kesh, is one of them) come under this protocol and why will it be written in SGGS. what the employees have to wear or do in office, is this written in Company's annual policy or annual statement. All these things are implied and we see only about company in the company policy or annual statements..

More over if you have got hairs, you got to tie them and u take care of them. For a sikh his hairs are as important as his LImbs.. so he takes care of his hairs and try & keep hairs in best form and by tying a turban I'm saviong my hairs from SUN, dust and other things...

Buddy, apart from head hairs we have got hairs on other part of body too, so do you show all the other hairs too.. Don't u wear clothes to hide them...

Khalsa is different. The Khalsa is everything that Sikhism is not!
Khalsa is an organisation and is all about riruals and codes...

Now think about this. what did Guru Nanak Dev Ji said that have true life, be true to yourself, speak truth and be pure and remember GOD and if I'm not wrong then this is what you do when you are a KHALSA.. so how is being KHALSA different from being SIKH or how is Guru Nanak Dev ji different from Guru Gobind Singh ji.

Look at this thread for same questions posted by Bulle shah..
https://www.unp.me/f15/granth-vs-granthi-14256/

Besides wearing a Turban is a Cultural practice that existed long before Sikhism arrived.

Yes, it existed long before, but it was a privilege for only the high class and only the ruling class or upper castes..Guru ji, made it a symbol of equality too. In earlier times only Maharajas and people of high gentry used to wear turbans, but Guru Ji said why this caste & why this high & low gentry.. So thats why he made turban a symbol of equality and anyone can wear it irrespective of caste, creed or color.

Please provide referenced from the Guru-Granth to validate your points.
Science says many things many of which you won't agree with.

What references you want from Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji, if you think that combing hair, keeping hair, doing daily prayers or keeping hairs tidy will be written in SGGS, then i think you should get yourself medically examined.

Thanks
"kabeer preeti ik siau keey aan dubhidhaa jaai; bhaavey laambe kes karu bhaavey gharari mundaai"
-- KABIR Source: Adi Granth, p. 1365

yes u r right, Kabeer ji said absolutely right, you can have long hair or anything to remember God and this is what SIKHISM always PREACH..t hat be true to your religion and to your god... Try & understand this point, instead of thinking that KABEER ji said that you can shorn hair. what he meant here was that U CAN remember god in any form and in any physical appearance and in any RELIGION and thats the basic fundamental of sikhism that GOD IS ONE

Bulle Shah, here you are again with your crap.. Anyways seems like you don't even read what people post here..This shows how bloody shameless you are, that you are asking the same questions again & again. Reason of this that probably the system thats feeding stuff into you has got nothing more against sikhism to write too and probably all there questions have been answered here very nicely (which somehow you don't even wanna read)

Mitro, he is asking same questions again & again but trying to post it in differnt threads and to different people, so that he can pollute the mind and saade mann vich shak paida kar sake... Anyways look at these threads too

https://www.unp.me/f15/granth-vs-granthi-14256/

https://www.unp.me/f15/quotes-shri-guru-granth-14625/

https://www.unp.me/f16/bhulleshah-ah-parreyo-jaroor-15130/index3.html

full_taur

umm aaho,I have read most of his posts.Its not his views but the way he is presenting them is what creating problems.

Well !! Sorry to say its his views as well.. You know what he is trying to do here. he just came here to poison our minds and i can give ample proof that this SOB has been to many other sites and have posted similar stuff.

Presenting them is a problem because on UNP everyone has given every good replies to him so he is frustrated and out of his sheer frustration, he keeps posting same things and he post things in bad way too.

But I will say this person itself is a problem, as he just have got some vendetta against one religion and he is trying to write everything negative about it.

If anyone have got ample brains, he or she can understand why is he trying to do it...

pps309

Prime VIP
Well !! Sorry to say its his views as well.. You know what he is trying to do here. he just came here to poison our minds and i can give ample proof that this SOB has been to many other sites and have posted similar stuff.

Presenting them is a problem because on UNP everyone has given every good replies to him so he is frustrated and out of his sheer frustration, he keeps posting same things and he post things in bad way too.

But I will say this person itself is a problem, as he just have got some vendetta against one religion and he is trying to write everything negative about it.

If anyone have got ample brains, he or she can understand why is he trying to do it...
shad parre yaar...why are we fighting ourselves.

Jo bulle nu changa lagda oh kari janda...
Jo mainu teek lagda oh main karu......u also do the same
Jo dhillon nu teek lagda..let him do.....

full_taur

Dhillon Bai !!

you have been warning people and given them notices or whatever for speaking incorrectly or using wrong language.. but i ask one thing..

Bulle Shah in all his posts has said GRANTH and GURU GRANTH & all and he has said it with all the disrespect that he can show. check his posts and you can notice it youself?

So don't you think he is calling our GURU whom we all call Guru Granth Sahib ji with disrespect and you should warn him or whatever...

& last notice to you Mr Bulle Shah, if you show some more disrespect to Guru Granth Sahib ji, then you might face the music soon. I have requested you many times, so now this is a last request that i don't care whether u agree with Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji or not. but whenever u post something from it always show respect..

full_taur

shad parre yaar...why are we fighting ourselves.

Jo bulle nu changa lagda oh kari janda...
Jo mainu teek lagda oh main karu......u also do the same
Jo dhillon nu teek lagda..let him do.....

Yaar u r absolutely right... but yaar I'm not saying anything to bulle or to his faith or religion( if he has any). then why is he so hell bent upon proving things and all for our religion.

pps309

Prime VIP
Yaar u r absolutely right... but yaar I'm not saying anything to bulle or to his faith or religion( if he has any). then why is he so hell bent upon proving things and all for our religion.
Sachi gal pata ki aa.....these people may be jealous of other religion or they are scared that one day there religion will shrink and so their political strength ...hehehehe

SehaJ

Troublemaker
Dhillon Bai !!

you have been warning people and given them notices or whatever for speaking incorrectly or using wrong language.. but i ask one thing..

Bulle Shah in all his posts has said GRANTH and GURU GRANTH & all and he has said it with all the disrespect that he can show. check his posts and you can notice it youself?

So don't you think he is calling our GURU whom we all call Guru Granth Sahib ji with disrespect and you should warn him or whatever...

& last notice to you Mr Bulle Shah, if you show some more disrespect to Guru Granth Sahib ji, then you might face the music soon. I have requested you many times, so now this is a last request that i don't care whether u agree with Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji or not. but whenever u post something from it always show respect..

Paji music ta me enu mint ch suna dun....ohh ta bas kuch restrictions karan rokeya hoya apne aap nu.........

full_taur

Paji music ta me enu mint ch suna dun....ohh ta bas kuch restrictions karan rokeya hoya apne aap nu.........

Nai bai we all are good people so pehla lets request him.. I have already requested him three times. so now if he didn't mend his ways then fir.....

PPS Bai political strength my foot.. saale ghulaam rahe ne hameshaa and haale vi ghulaam ne...