Tsismis: Latest gossip from the Pinoy world

Lily

B.R
Staff member
762943144.jpg
It all started with a tweet, when star athlete and former TV star Phil Younghusband asked actress Angel Locsin out on a date on Valentine's Day. When Locsin heard about Younghusband's tweet, and was asked to comment, she politely declined saying she was busy filming Imortal and a film with Aga Muhlach titled In the Name of Love.

The date eventually happened, but post Valentine's Day, because both had busy schedules — Younghusband with his football stint with the Philippine Azkals and Locsin with her usual showbiz commitments. Nothing much happened since, but people were constantly on the watch for anything that might happen to the brewing romance.

Then the surprise news came — Younghusband allegedly followed Locsin to Hong Kong several days ago, something that the actress initially kept quiet about but admitted only recently after photos of two spotted at Hong Kong International Airport circulated on the internet.

‘Surprise'

"He followed me there. I was quietly celebrating my birthday, with friends, so it was really a surprise," says Locsin, who went to the island state with celeb friend Bubbles Paraiso.

"I needed a break because we are winding down with Imortal, which as you know is a very demanding job," the actress continues, mentioning her series which has ended its successful six- month run.

When sought for confirmation if they've passed the getting-to-know-you stage, Locsin says, "Barely. He's quite well-known but it's not enough. You want to know a person on a deeper level and it will take some time. I'd like to get know him, sure, because even if doesn't go beyond friendship, it would be nice to have him as a friend."

But Younghusband is said to be keen on pursuing Locsin. He was even quoted in several interviews saying "this is the first time I have felt strongly about a girl".

Locsin said she was thrilled about it, but is not saying anything unless an actual relationship happens.

The actress has also slammed rumours of transferring to TV5. "I still have a contract with ABS CBN and I'm happy where I am. If I have a reason to move, I will. It's all part of our work. Growing, exploring as an artist is an important aspect of our work. I love what I do and will do anything to make sure I get better at it, even if that meant exploring my horizons elsewhere," she says.

Willie's coming back

After a short break, controversial star Willie Revillame and his TV show Willing Willie is set for a big comeback this week. The programme went off the air because of a controversial segment that had a young boy dancing inappropriately on the programme, which had been criticised and caused Revillame to go on indefinite leave. Both Revillame and TV 5 were slapped with lawsuits for alleged child abuse. Producers say they've made major changes to the show's format and technical aspects. But the question on most people's minds is has the brash TV host changed for the better?

Hollywood calling

Cesar Montano flew to the US last week for business and pleasure. He brought his family along, including celeb wife Sunshine Cruz, for much needed rest and recreation. Montano is set to meet Hollywood writer Donald Martin, who wrote the script for the Al Pacino starrer The Masterpiece.

Apparently, Martin is keen on getting the Filipino superstar to direct a film about immigrants in the US. When he returns, he will begin shooting a film with comic queen Ai Ai delas Alas.

Going places

Action superstar Robin Padilla's daughter, Kylie, got her share of fame through the TV series Blusang Itim (Black Blouse) on GMA 7. The teenage newbie bested other stars, such as Gwen Zamora and Sarah Lahbati, who also auditioned for the role. She is currently undergoing acting workshops with award-winning actress and filmmaker Gina Alajar. Kylie, who just turned 18, first appeared in the 2008 TV series Joaquin Bordado, which earned her the Star Award for industry's best new personality. Kylie is currently a mainstay on the musical variety show Party Pilipinas and just completed her role in another series, Dwarfina.

Tweetiest

Anne Curtis marked a milestone when her twitter account (@annecurtissmith) reached 1 million followers, making her the most followed Pinoy celeb on the social networking site. She currently has 1,007,890 followers. She thanked her followers with her latest post, "1 million followers! Wooooow! Thank you to everyone for the follow here on Twitter! Thanks for wanting to follow and read all the nonsense, craziness and random thoughts I like to share."

[/img][/COLOR]