Tsismis: Latest gossip from the Pinoy World

Lily

B.R
Staff member
4137910164.jpg

His voice still hoarse from hosting his 50th birthday celebration on Willing Willie, TV host and comedian Willie Revillame told tabloid! "this is probably my best party ever."

For someone who is facing several lawsuits that could cost him at least a billion pesos in damages, that's a big statement. But such is Revillame — flamboyant and stubborn, yet generous and has a soft spot for the elderly and the underprivileged.

His most ardent of critics say he is just using old and poor people on his show to gain sympathy from the viewing public. But Revillame would have none of it, saying "I am not exploiting them; I am giving them a chance to get something they can't have even if they work till their death. Meron akong kakayahang tumulong, bakit hindi ko gagawin [I have a means to help, why wouldn't I do it]?"

From ABS CBN (where he hosted Wowowee) to his new home on TV5 (where he now produces and hosts Willing Willie), his game show continues to be a beacon of hope for poor people in the Philippines, where a third of the population still live below the poverty line.

Millions

On his 50th birthday last year (January 27), Revillame gave away millions of pesos. According to his production staff, the budget for the show's prizes must have been in the range of 20 to 30 million pesos. "It's really not about how much money I give away. It's the fact that I am able to give. If others don't see it the way I do, I cannot do anything about it," he said.

When asked about the lawsuit he is facing from his former home network, Revillame said the cases are being deliberated. He quickly added, though, "My only hope is that we will have a resolution to all of these very soon, so we can all move on."

For now, Revillame vowed to do everything he can to continue to make his fans happy. And it looks like his efforts are also being generously rewarded. Since its launch on October last year, the show is giving rival programmes a good fight in the ratings. And for his birthday episode, he received perhaps his best gift — his show topped the ratings in the highly competitive primetime slot.

"Wala na akong mahihiling pa, lahat ng pagod balewala, basta masaya lahat [I could not ask for anything more. It doesn't matter that we're all tired, as long as everyone is happy]," he said.

Robin's Passage to india

Robin Padilla's movie, Tum, My Pledge of Love, in which he also stars along with celebrity-wife Mariel Rodriguez, is currently in post-production. But rushes of the movie recently shown to a select group of media look very promising. Shot entirely in India, Tum shows Bollywood influences but remain essentially a Filipino love story. The movie is slated to be released in March. His next project is a daily action TV series on ABS CBN, which will pair him with drama princess Bea Alonzo.

Charice on a song

Charice Pempengco has finally agreed to push through with a TV special for GMA 7. The project was supposed to happen last December, but Pempengco had to postpone for still unknown reasons. The official statement released by her PR team was that she was suffering from stomach illness so she couldn't make it to the scheduled taping. She then had to travel to the US for a series of shoots and performances. Many, however, suspect rival station ABS CBN, where Pempengco started, tried to put a stop to the production. Apparently, all legal obstacles have been removed and the international teen singing sensation is finally given the green signal to go ahead to do her TV special with GMA. It will now be shown in time for Valentine's Day.

Pascual is Staying

Award-winning actor and heartthrob Piolo Pascual has put an end to rumours that he is leaving ABS CBN to move to TV5. Pascual says there is no reason for him to transfer, and he is in fact going to do another series after Noah, his current TV project which will have its final airing this week. He is also set to do a movie with teen star Kim Chiu for Star Cinema. TV5 has been mum about the foiled transfer. Rumour has it that the network's executives have offered Pascual a whopping Dh80 million three-year contract. Well, that makes him one of the highest paid celebrities on Philippine television.

Lara is Engaged

Former Miss International (2005) Precious Lara Quigaman announced her recent engagement to her boyfriend of two years, actor Marco Alcaraz. They've set the wedding for 2012 and it will have a beach setting, perhaps in Boracay, one of the more popular beaches in the Philippines. Alcaraz proposed her last year in Canada, where his family is based. The beauty queen-turned-actress hasn't decided who will design her wedding gown yet.

Ruffa Gutierrez shares her playlist

* Song on repeat mode: SexyBack by Justin Timberlake: "Justin and the song are both so sexy."
* Song that makes you cry: Easy Silence by Dixie Chick: "Lyrics ring true for me and my loved ones."
* This one makes me move: London Bridge by Fergie: "It's what I listen to when I feel like burning some fat. "
* At karaoke I would sing: Reflections by Mary J Blige: "I'm not cut out for singing. But if I'm at the karaoke and this song is available, I'd do it."
* Track I'd skip right now: Birthday by Beyoncé: "I'm just not in the mood to listen to it for some reason."

[/img][/COLOR]