Tsismis: Latest gossip from the Pinoy world

Lily

B.R
Staff member
985998327.jpg
My way

J.C. de Vera is starring in the remake of Utol Kong Hoodlum, an action-drama hit starring superstar Robin Padilla.

It's de Vera's biggest break yet. Comparisons are being made with Padilla, and so far reviews have been positive.

Will de Vera live up to his billing as Philippine showbusiness' Prince of Action Drama?

Hoodlum is your biggest project yet. You even had to shoot scenes in Australia, and you're being compared to Robin Padilla. How are you feeling about all of this?

Pressured, to be honest. It's really a big project and I am thankful I was the one chosen to do it.

I just don't think of the comparisons, whether positive or negative, because I'd like to just keep my focus on the role. I want to have my own take on it, and hopefully that's what they will see, and not how good or bad it is in comparison to Robin.

Hoodlum's screening was delayed. Was it because you were afraid it will not do well?

Not really. It was delayed because it would have aired in the same timeslot as Robin's show on another network. We delayed ours as a courtesy to him.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because people were curious as to how it's been remade.

Besides your TV assignments, what else are you busy with?

I'm doing Huling Sayaw with Michelle Madrigal, under Zoren Legaspi. This will be Zoren's full-length film directorial debut, so he is excited. We're actually all very excited, because the material is very good.

Are there any tensions on the set, knowing you and Madrigal used to be lovers?

We parted as friends, so we're okay on the set. No tension, no awkward moments.

The energy is actually good, so we hope it will reflect in the film.

Fingers crossed for Gwendoline

Miss Philippines World Gwendoline Ruais had high hopes for the Miss World pageant held in London last night.

She made it as a finalist in three pre-pageant competitions whose winners automatically gain a semi-final slot in one of the most watched beauty contests in the world. Ruais, a French-Filipina, is among the Top 20 finalists in the Beach Beauty, Beauty with a Purpose and Top Model fast-track events at the 2011 Miss World, which is celebrating 60 years.

Filipinos the world over were keeping their fingers crossed Ruais will bring home the crown of the only beauty pageant a Filipina has yet to win.

Nora can do no wrong

Superstar Nora Aunor's Sa Ngalan ng Ina had a successful Middle East premiere in Dubai at the Kapatid Fans Day organised by TV5 and Orbit Showtime Network. It will now have its regular run on OSN Channel 165, starting today.

The series has been a huge success, prompting TV5 executives to sign Aunor to a new, three-year contract, which will make the living legend a Kapatid exclusive star until 2014. Her contract includes a new drama anthology, a longer mini-series after Sa Ngalan ng Ina and a reality show that will discover new singing stars.

The internationally acclaimed actress started out as a recording artist, winning a radio singing competition in the late 1960s.

What's happening to Angel?

It seems Angel Locsin's career has been put on hold. Nothing much has been heard about her since her last movie, In the Name of Love with Aga Muhlach.

Locsin is said to be filming a new movie with John Lloyd Cruz, but no progress has been reported about this anticipated team-up.

The actress was cast in a new ABS-CBN comedy show, Toda Max, starring Robin Padilla, Vhong Navarro and Pokwang. But her inclusion seems to be an afterthought, suggesting her current studio might have nothing concretely planned for her.

Or is it true that Locsin is transferring to another network, following in the footsteps of Aga Muhlach?

Coco's new challenge

Award-winning actor Coco Martin landed another lead role — in ABS-CBN's upcoming prime time soap Walang Hanggan.

Martin is said to be ecstatic, as his new assignment will have him working with big stars including Susan Roces, and multi-award winning actors Richard Gomez and Dawn Zulueta.

Walang Hanggan is said to be a TV adaptation of the box office film Hihintaying Kita Sa Langit, which was top-billed by Gomez and Zulueta in 1991.

song on repeat modeWin by Brian McKnight. I feel I am back on track with my career, and this song has been an inspiration.
[/img][/COLOR]