Priyanka Chopra reveals the beginning of ‘Anjaana Anjaani’

chief

Prime VIP

Better not say anything

Ishq Aur Mushq Chhipaye Nahin Chhupte, and in Bollywood, they can’t hide remakes. Well, this is the situation of Siddharth Anand’s next release Anjaana Anjaani which is garnering negative publicity on the plagiarism grounds, and a recent comment on the movie’s beginning by Priyanka Chopra has just stirred up the hornets’ nest.

Priyanka seems to be totally unaware of the situation that Anjaana Anjaani is rumoured to be a remake of the French movie The Girl On The Bridge (La fille sur le pont). At a recent promotional event, PC casually disclosed what she should have kept secret: the Anjaana Anjaani beginning, which is a tad similar to that of The Girl On The Bridge. A girl and a boy, completely strangers to each other, meet on a bridge where they have come to commit suicide.

Siddharth, obviously, is in a state of shock after he came to know what PC has really done. “Has she really spoken about it? Well, the similarity to the film is purely coincidental. I haven’t seen The Girl On The Bridge. I don’t know what it is about. I completely deny any similarity,” the director is quoted as saying.

He has even withdrawn the poster of the film which bears an uncanny resemblance to the posters of the popular films An Education and A Walk In The Clouds. He doesn’t want the film’s poster to look copied, as ApunKaChoice brought to the notice of its readers a few days back.

Now it’s also time to be cautious, and from what we hear, every crewmember of the film has been advised not to utter the word ‘bridge’. Koi sun lega toh?