Payal's dinner date with Gibbs

dc16

- dEsPeraTe cRaNky -
Something definitely seems to be brewing between South African batsman Herschelle Gibbs and actress Payal Rohatgi.

PayalRohatgi7-1.jpg

The two met for the first time at the IPL Awards after-party some days ago and things have moved pretty fast since then.

Mumbai Mirror had reported the encounter between them, about how Payal openly flirted with the cricketer, who was accompanied by colleague Andrew Symonds. Eyewitnesses said that Payal was playfully throwing peanuts at Gibbs, who didn’t seem to mind the attention at all.

Now it emerges that the two met for a dinner date the very next day at a five-star hotel in south Mumbai.

Our source said, “The night they first met at the IPL Awards after-party, Payal was heard calling Gibbs ‘cute’ and they seemed to instantly click. They exchanged numbers and the next day they met for a quiet dinner. But when they reached the hotel, they realised that a lot of media people were positioned at the entrance because some cricketers staying at the same hotel were leaving that night. So Gibbs and Payal made a backdoor entry at the restaurant. After some time, even Adam Gilchrist joined them for dinner. Gibbs and Payal have been in touch on the phone and through SMS. In fact, Payal is now going to the West Indies, where the T-20 World Cup has just kicked off, to cheer for Gibbs.”

When contacted, Payal Rohatgi did not deny her meeting with Gibbs. “Yes, we had dinner together,” she said. Asked whether she was going to the West Indies to support Gibbs, she said, “Herschelle and I are in touch. He wants me to be there and I might go, depending upon my schedule. However, I am not sure if I can make it.”