Man ‘beaten’ after he blamed PM Modi demonetisation woes

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
A 45-year-old man was allegedly attacked with cricket stumps in southeast Delhi’s Jaitpur area after he blamed the Prime Minister for long queues outside ATMs.

The victim, Lallan Singh Kushwaha, received head injuries for making comments against demonetisation while on his way to buy a television from a shop in Ismailpur.

Kushwaha saw long queues outside a nearby ATM where people were reportedly jostling against others in a bid to get cash.

Kushwaha, a painter, allegedly blamed PM Modi for the chaos and said people across the nation are suffering due to note ban.

Suddenly one person Astik, who owns a grocery shop near the ATM, called Kushwaha and hit him in the head. “Astik started fighting with me and hit me in the head. I have received two stitches,” Kushwaha said.

“I didn’t know he will get infuriated over it. But he pounced over me and beat me up.” he added.

Near the ATM, Astik caught hold of cricket stumps and hit Kushwaha in the head thrice. He was taken to a nearby hospital and later discharged.

A case has been registered at Jaitpur police station, while the accused is still at large.

The accused lives in Ismailpur of Jaitpur area and knew the victim well, police said.