Will fight 'Kaala Dhan' and 'Kaala Mann': PM Modi in Dehradun

BaBBu

Prime VIP
NEW DELHI: Defending the Central government's move to demonetise high value currency notes+ in the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said that he is "fighting not only against "kaala Dhan" (Black money) but also "kaala mann" (Black heart).

"You not only made me the Prime Minister (of India) but also the watchman and now some people are not comfortable that I am doing my job," PM Modi said while addressing BJP's Parivartan rally in Dehradun.

The Prime Minister also said that the November 8 demonetisation whereby Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes were scrapped had broken the backs of terrorism, drug and fake currency smuggling and human trafficking.

"With just one move on November 8, the worlds of terrorism, drug mafia, human trafficking and fake note smuggling were destroyed," Modi said.

"Most people are for honesty; it is just a handful who are trampling them. We have waged this war to empower those who are being trampled," he added.

"Corruption has destroyed the country, which was known as a bird of gold. If the country is to progress, this plunder has to stop, corruption has to stop," the Prime Minister said.

Acknowledging the inconveniences faced by the common man post demonetisation, PM said, "Despite facing lot of problems, the nation came forward to fight against corruption."

"We had promised that the corrupt will be punished and now this is happening," PM said, adding, "this is a Safai Abhiyaan and people of India have helped me"

Recommended By Colombia

In a veiled attack at the Gandhi family and the Congress over the One Rank One Pension+ (OROP) issue, PM Modi said, "My Army jawans (soldiers) were demanding OROP for the last 40 years, the party that ruled the country then never thought of their demands."

"In reality, the budget for OROP is over Rs 10,000 crore. Why did they (Congress) betray the Jawans? I salute my Army jawans. Rs 6600 crore have already been disbursed under OROP and rest will also be disbursed at the earliest," PM Modi said.

Earlier in the day, PM Modi also laid foundation stone of the 900-km-long Char Dham Highway Development Programme in Dehradun which will be built with an investment of Rs 12,000 crore.

"I assure you that whenever you will come for Kedarnath, Badrinath yatra, you will remember this government like Shravan is remembered," PM said while dedicating the Char Dham project to the victims of the 2013 flash floods in Uttarakhand.