A lazy eye stands to signify that a particular eye of an individual has taken a strange fondness for being lazy, and in a way, is refusing to see what is to be seen. The ailment of a lazy eye almost always affects children. The ailment also almost always affects just a single eye. However, this does not mean that the ailment of lazy eyes cannot affect both eyes. It only means a lazy eye setting a trap for one eye is more common amongst individuals than setting a trap for both the eyes. Thankfully, however, there are sure-shot ways of treating the ailment of a lazy eye and only one of these ways includes the need for surgery. Surgery, however, is only resorted to in extreme cases. Take the time and read on to build yourself blocks of familiarity with the most popular ways of correcting a lazy eye.
Treatment For Lazy Eyes
Treatment For Lazy Eyes
- With lazy eyes and the discovery of the ailment, the sooner the better and that has always been the case. The treatment of lazy eyes becomes that much easier when the problem is discovered at an early stage.
- In the rare event of an individual suffering from large discrepancies in the form of near sightedness and far sightedness in both the eyes, surgery is the best option. Surgery, in a situation such as this, is almost unavoidable. Surgery can help you rectify right way all problems associated with eye muscles that can further help you focus on any particular thing!
- A popular way of correcting the ailment of lazy eyes involves eye exercises and an eye patch. This method of treating a lazy eye is resorted to when surgery does not seem like an absolute must! Here, the doctor will suggest a few exercises that the person who is suffering from lazy eyes will just have to practice. Apart from practicing these exercises, it is also a must for a patient of lazy eyes to wear an eye patch over the strong eye. By doing this, the doctor is only helping the patient’s lazy eye get stronger.
- As far as the exercises for correcting the ailment of a lazy eye goes, it is all about doing them regularly and for a certain period of time. For best results with the exercises suggested by a doctor to correct lazy eyes, the patient will have to practice them for a minimum of a few hours per day. This should be done for a few months or until desirable results are noticed.
- With children, an eye patch is always an issue. No child would like to wear an eye patch and especially so when in the company of their peers. However, this does not mean the end of the road is near. To help set right the disadvantages of an eye patch, there always are lenses. This is where prosthetic contact lenses work best. These lenses look extremely similar to normal lenses and can be worn specifically to bar the vision of the affected eye.
- Lastly, there are atropine drops that work pretty well when it comes to correcting the ailment of a lazy eye. Here, a drop of atropine is poured over the strong eye or the unaffected eye. This almost instantly affects the vision of the strong eye, thus forcing the person to see with lazy eye or the affected eye.