The bride is the centre of attention on her wedding day. No matter how hard the groom may try, all eyes are always on the bride. So naturally, every bride wants to look radiant on D-day. But if you don’t have that naturally flawless skin and a dewy complexion, all’s not lost. There are a few bridal skincare tips you should follow in order to get the beautiful bridal glow you always wanted.
Bridal skincare routine
- Start with the Cleansing-Toning-Moisturising routine and follow it up with regular use of a sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Visit your dermatologist to work out a fixed beauty regimen about three months prior to D-day. This would include hair, skin and complete body treatments. Make sure to use products by your dermatologist only.
- Use a skin lightening cream at night to get the radiance.
- Use the make up you plan to apply on your wedding day at least 45 days before to remove the possibility of any allergic reaction.
Bridal beauty habits
- Get enough rest, which means eight hours of sleep every night.
- Include a lot of coloured fruits and vegetable in your diet.
- Have supplements like Omega 3 fatty Acids and Vitamin C that make your skin glow.
- Enrol with a gym and give your body the much needed exercise.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Self-medicate under any condition.
- Opt for any corrective surgeries close to the wedding day.
- Go on a crash diet. It will not help at all. In fact, it will make your skin lose its natural lustre.
- Drink too much alcohol intake or smoke.
- Try on a new hair colour or use unfamiliar products close to the wedding date.
Bridal cosmetic treatments
Vampire face lift: This is a very safe procedure with minimal risks as the patient’s blood is injected back into their own face to get a rejuvenated complexion. The patient’s blood is drawn and centrifuged. Post that, the blood is injected back into the patient’s face.
Medical facial: A combination of active ingredients and technology is used to attain radiant skin. Cosmetic treatments like microdermabrasion and fruit peel are used at regular intervals.
Yellow peels: This is a peel that is a combination of retinaldehyde & tyrosinase blockers / skin lighteners (Vitamin C, Phytic Acid, Kojic Acid and Azelaic Acid). This should be undergone, after consultation with the dermatologist at least three months before D-day. Each sitting should have a gap of at least four weeks with the last sitting undergone three weeks before the wedding.
Meso glow: This treatment comprises hyaluronic injections and helps in forming new collagen, thus enhancing radiance and glow on the bride’s face. This treatment has to be taken in three sessions.
Oxyblast and vacuum treatment: In this treatment, an oxygen jet is used to infuse and flush the skin so as to tackle the free radicles in the skin, and thus, give your face a glow. At the same time, vacuum pressure is applied to remove the dead skin.
Face tightening: Thermage, Factora and Venufreeze can be used to tighten up the skin and is again done in multiple sessions.
Body blast: For a complete body glow, you can opt go for vacuum treatment with meso peels and oxyjet infusion.