Happy World Television Day

chief

Prime VIP

Happy World Television Day everyone.

In recognition of the increasing impact television has on decision-making by bringing world attention to conflicts and threats to peace and security and its potential role in sharpening the focus on other major issues, including economic and social issues, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 November as World Television Day (through resolution 51/205 of 17 December 1996).

World Television Day is not so much a celebration of the tool, but rather the philosophy which it represents. Television represents a symbol for
communication and globalization in the contemporary world.

Although I watch it just for entertainment... here are few things I learned watching shows from a layman perspective.. some informative.. some are funny.

Things I learned watching English shows.

* English accent is the best.
* Just like we Indians refer every random elder "Uncle”; they address every random girl they meet for the first time as "Love"
* Servants live downstairs.
* Earlier I used to think BBC was the British Doordarshan, now I know after 9PM (watershed) you can watch stuff.

Things I learned watching Korean & Japanese shows, Anime.

* They don’t wear shoes inside the house; you get special footwear for that.
* You have to bow like 5 times in a minute. ( Indian will just touch the elders feet at the time of saying Hi & Bye :p )
* They dine on a tiny table. But why you need a table when you almost cross legged? Just eat it like we have our Langar.
* They have possibly all the honorifics you can imagine.. chan, san, sama, kun, sensei, senpai …………………………. ( Indians use just "Ji" )
* Animation isn’t limited to kids. It has to have fan service.
* & picked up a word or two:-

Hai = yes
Baka = buffoon
Otaku = addicted

Things I learned watching American shows.

* Any vehicle crash will lead to an explosion.
* There’s always a large dumpster where you can land.
* Everyone sleeps with everyone.
* Homicide, vigilante shows can help improve your vocab’.. I picked up BOLO, DUI, APB.
* It always rains, when you are burying the dead.
* US remakes are always terrible.
* And yes the good shows are always canceled.

Things I learned watching Indian shows.

* The dead are always brought back to life.
* Even if you a multi billionaire, we hardly see you working in the office.
* No show is complete without a Gujarati, Marwari or Punjabi accent. (Just like US/UK shows have an afro character)
* They are all beautiful & you can mistake a lady and her daughter for sisters.
* & the lavish clothes even leave Sherlock shocked :p

Share yours..

Good Sharin
JSM.gif

chief

Prime VIP
Friend says

1 thing i hate about indian daily soaps that they speak 1 dialogue and camera shows expression of every member of the house from 8 to 10 different different angle... this sucks. and the background score ?? that will just blow ur mind,.. even Nolan shud get those music directors,. it will cut off huge budget from his biggy budget movie.. so there will b profit background scores beats hans zimmer
And Here in english serials they have 8 seasons 10 seasons with only 250-300 episodes and in Indian television after three years they celebrate 1000 successful episodes... Lol...
u can watch english series from start to end in 15-20 days.. but in u stat watching indian serials ? na baby na.. its out of ur range.. will take atleast 6 months...

My Reply

ahahaha yes, and a single slap on Indian tele will be shown from 5 angles
The holy lamp always goes out when you are praying.
You always end up singing a song on long distance calls.
n true about the number of ep's.. Tarak Mehta just completed its 1010 ep's.. I watched few like 3 years ago n its still running.

Another pal chips in

Additional Things I learned watching American shows...

- Everyone become unconscious after a punch
- Dumb, unscripted, comedies & reality-shows are most popular
- Any show requiring an IQ higher than 70 gets cancelled for lack of viewers