Don’t ask me when I am doing a solo film: Abhishek Bachchan

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
hindustantimesmumbai2015moststylishaward-1.jpg

In his 16-year-long career, actor Abhishek Bachchan has been part of plenty of multi-starrers and solo films, but he says he does not understand why people differentiate between the two, so much so, that he gets irritated at the comparison.
“I don’t understand why people ask me why do I not do solo films? This is a concept I don’t understand because for people a solo film has just one actor. I think it’s incorrect to not recognise other people who are part of the film,” he says.

Explaining his point further, the 40-year-old actor, who will soon be seen in Housefull 3, an ensemble cast film,says, “I remember somebody asking about a solo film and I asked them what a solo film is? I got the example of Guru (2007). In Guru there was Mithun da,(actor Mithun Chakarborty) there is R Madhavan and Vidya (Balan). There were a host of other artists and they are all accomplished in their field. Are you trying to say they are not actors?.”

While working with a strong line-up can help the film get more eyeballs, it also means sharing the limelight. Does this not bother him?
“Each individual has their own approach and perspective to their career and their work. For me it has always been a learning experience and for me it will never be in our hands if the film works. Our requirement is to give our best. I can’t guarantee the success of a film, I can only give it my best. Yes, the limelight is shared but if it is shared then I can also carry a heavier burden. The pros are the pressure is not entirely on us. If you are secure in your capability then everything is fine,” says the actor.