Dahi gujiya recipe is a combination of batter and chutney that sparks a variety of flavours on the palette. This Indian snack is pure a vegetarian recipe. The dahi gujiya is a burst of tangy, spicy and mint flavours, perfect for a party or an evening snack.
Serving Size: Serves 3-4
Preparation Time: 20 mins – 25 mins
- 2 cup split and skinned black gram soaked in water
- To taste salt
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 3 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 9-10 raisins
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- For deep frying, oil
- 12-14 tbsp yoghurt
- Coriander and mint chutney
- Tamarind chutney
- Red chilli powder
- Roasted cumin powder
- Finely chopped green chillies
- Grind black gram, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, asafoetida and ginger in a grinder.
- Now put water in the grinder and again grind it to prepare a mixture.
- Keep the prepared mixture on the greased clean wrap, grease it again with water from top and stuff it with raisins and chopped green chillies.
- Fold the prepared gujiya and seal it.
- Keep the gujiya in the salt mixed water.
- Repeat the process to make two more gujiyas.
- Take a pan, add oil and deep fry the gujiya until golden brown.
- Now, put yoghurt at the base of sakora’s, keep the gujiyas on them and cover them again with yoghurt.
- Garnish the prepared gujiyas with coriander and mint chutney, tamarind chutney, red chilli powder, cumin powder and chopped green chillies.
- Your dahi gujiyas are ready.