Court clears blind father of rape allegation, questions girl's silence

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
The court of law wasn't convinced and so a blind father has been cleared of the rape charge he was facing. The complainant was his daughter who had accused him of sexual assault. However, a Delhi court found the complaint to be untenable in terms of evidence and the visually impaired man walked free in September.
Tulsi Das Mahto, 55, the vice-principal of a government school and a divorcee was facing trial after his 18-year-old daughter filed a complaint against him, accusing him of raping her since she was six. However, she reported the matter in only June this year.

MATTER ERUPTED AFTER A FALLOUT BETWEEN THE TWO: COURT

The court quashed the charge and questioned the girl's silence for such a long period. It also said that the matter seemed to be a fallout of an argument between the father and daughter over some matter.

'WAS RAPED WHILE GIVEN A BATH'

In her complaint the girl stated that she could not recall when the sexual assault started. She alleged that her father used to sexually assault her while giving her bath. He used to penetrate his finger and even touched her private parts while she was asleep, she alleged. "As my parents were divorced, my brother and I lived with our father. My father had sent my brother and me to a boarding school. Every time we came back for holidays, he used to rape me.
"Initially I did not understand what was happening, but as I got sex education I realised that I was being raped. For years, I did not tell this to anyone because I feared how people would react to it as I was accusing my own father," the girl said in her FIR.
The alleged sexual assault stopped when the girl confronted her father. However, the court observed that the girl had ample opportunity to report the matter to her near and dear ones which she did not do.

BLIND PERSON CAN'T RAPE WHILE GIVING A BATH: COURT

The court observed: "A blind person cannot give bath to any person and even if he gives bath, he cannot put his penis between the thighs of any person. Even if he had done this act, there was various opportunities for the victim to raise the alarm or discuss the matter with any close relative or friend or her mother. Even in the present case, divorced mother of the victim was also alive and she could have discussed it with her. Moreover, in cities like Delhi there is a facility of calling the police by dialling 100. She could have made the phone call to the police. The victim is well educated and there were a lot of opportunities to register a complaint against her father."
The court also observed that the medical examination of the girl revealed the last sexual assault that happened was when she was 13 or 14 years old.