Apple has released Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, as it promised. It was announced back in June at the WWDC 2015 and brings several new features, including a new Split View option for side-by-side multitasking, improved Spotlight and Mission Control functionality, an updated Notes app, updated Safari with Pinned Sites, a universal mute button and more.
New features in Mac OS X 10.11 El CapitanThe Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan is 6.08GB in size and is compatible with Macs running on OS X 10.6.8 or later. It can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for free.
- Split View lets you fon two apps at once – neatly arranged side by side — in full screen without distractions.
- Take control of your desktop with Mission Control
- Smarter search in Spotlight
- Handy improvements in Mail
- A simple and powerful all-new Notes app
- New ways to organize and enhance your images in Photos.
- Better surfing in Safari.
- Maps, now with Transit view.
- New fonts that are designed for Retina displays
- Improved input methods for Chinese and Japanese.
- Faster graphics with Metal.
- Snappier performance for everyday tasks.