Pratyusha Banerjee’s suicide

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha's friends offer to 'reveal all' to cops

At least 10 friends, colleagues and co-stars of television actress Pratyusha Banerjee have offered to reveal details which could help police in the ongoing investigations into her suicide, a lawyer said here on Monday.

Lawyer Falguni Brahmabhatt said that these 10 persons know a lot of inside details owing to their closeness with Pratyusha and are ready to share the information with police.

“I have submitted a list of 10 people to the Bangur Nagar Police Station today (Monday) and they are likely to be called for giving their versions tomorrow (Tuesday),” Brahmabhatt told IANS.

However, she declined to reveal the names of the 10 friends on grounds that attempts could be made to pressurize or influence them.

Pratyusha, 24, had committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her home in suburban Goregaon on Friday evening, sending shockwaves in the glam and entertainment world.

Police questioned her boyfriend, Rahulraj Singh for entire Saturday and even Sunday after which he fell ill and was admitted to a local hospital. He is likely to be discharged by the hospital later, police sources said.

At a press conference on Sunday, a few of Pratyusha’s friends, including Kamya Punjabi, Adah Khan and Vikas Gupta spoke about the probable reasons driving Pratyusha to take the extreme step.

Among them was her rocky relationship with Rahulraj, allegations of assault, unconfirmed financial issues between them and reported “torture” by his former girlfriend.

Several television industry personalities have however claimed on social media networks that Pratyusha was a strong-willed personality and they could not digest she could abruptly end her life in this manner.

Her funeral was performed on Saturday evening in the presence of a large number of industry persons and her parents, Shankar and Soma Banerjee.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee’s mother: I helped resolve the couple’s fights

The mother of actor Pratyusha Banerjee, who committed suicide on April 1, has told the Bangur Nagar police in her statement that she had helped resolve several fights between Pratyusha and her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh, which often ended with the two living separately for a brief period. Pratyusha’s parents are currently in Ambernath.
In her statement to the police, Pratyusha’s mother Soma said, “I used to live with Pratyusha at her Kandivli flat. When [she and Rahul] would have fights, they would live separately. I counselled them to not fight so much and concentrate on their careers.”

She told the police she didn’t know why Pratyusha had committed suicide and asked them to investigate the case thoroughly. A source said Pratyusha’s mother also told the police that her daughter’s behaviour had changed because of constant fights with Rahul.
Meanwhile, the police said they were looking at the joint bank accounts of Pratyusha and Rahul for clues

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha’s boyfriend Rahul booked for assault, abetment to suicide

TV actor Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has been booked under Sections 306 and 504 of the IPC for abetting her suicide, according to reports.
While the police did give him a clean chit on Saturday, a day after Pratyusha’s death, the latest development comes after another two days of investigation.
Mumbai police filed the abetment and assault case against Rahul based on statements made by Pratyusha’s friends and family.
Many arguments and counter-arguments were made since Pratyusha’s death on Friday. In her statement to the police, the TV actor’s mother Soma said, “I used to live with Pratyusha at her Kandivli flat. When (she and Rahul) would have fights, they would live separately. I counselled them to not fight so much and concentrate on their careers.”

In a joint press conference on Monday, her friends Kamya Punjabi and Vikas Gupta claimed Rahul was cheating on her and that the couple was in a “messy relationship”. “Some days ago she called me and said Rahul is cheating on her. Three-four days ago, when I got a call in Delhi, I told her I’ll come and sort out everything. She said she can’t live like this anymore and wanted to get out of this relationship. She said she needed help and wanted to file a case against Rahul,” Kamya claimed.

Rahul was admitted to a Mumbai hospital on Sunday after he complained of chest pain, after which he was taken to the hospital where he is still admitted. His lawyer Neeraj Gupta said that Singh felt unwell around 10 am on Sunday when he was supposed to leave for the police station. “He is suffering from depression and chest pain. He was missing Pratyusha a lot,” the lawyer said.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha was tortured by Rahul, he should rot in jail: Parents

somaandshankarbanerjeeaddressingconferen-1.jpg

TV actor Pratyusha Banerjee’s father Shankar Banerjee and mother Soma spoke to the media on Tuesday and blamed her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh for their daughter taking the drastic step. Pratyusha committed suicide on Friday at her Mumbai apartment. The police on Tuesday registered a case against Rahul for allegedly abetting her suicide, based on the statement of Pratyusha’s mother.

“Rahul should be either hanged or kept in prison for the rest of his life. He ruined my daughter’s life, she should get justice,” Shankar said. Pratyusha Banerjee’s prayer meet was held on Tuesday at a gurdwara in Mumbai which was attended by her mother, father and her close friends. This is what her parents had to say...

1. We didn’t come in front of the media all this while because we wanted all the rituals to be done. We have lost our daughter and we have filed an FIR... whatever problem she had, we have recorded our statement at the police station.

2.He (Rahul) should not get out. Our daughter should get justice and we would like to appeal to the entire nation to help us in seeking justice for our daughter. He tortured our daughter a lot and finished her.

3. Our world has been shattered. It doesn’t matter if he (Rahul) is hanged or gets life imprisonment. Our daughter’s soul won’t rest in peace unless he is punished...We trust the law and have faith that truth will ultimately come out.

4. She was very interested in astrology and would ask me (Pratyusha’s father) to read her horoscope. Her star sign was Leo. I was telling her that it was a good year for her. She said her life was very difficult.

5. Like any other girl Pratyusha had a dream of getting married and have kids. But lately she realised that she had taken a wrong decision and lost her life while doing the wrong right.

6. Rahul claimed he had four flats, three cars and 150 acres of land. He even told Pratyusha that his mother is an MLA in Mandar, but we never found truth in his statements.

7. He and I (Pratyusha’s mother) had not spoken for quite some time. She called on March 31 evening asking me if I spoke to him. I don’t even want to take his name. I told her to live happily. That was our last conversation.

8. Rahul and his father used to handle Pratyusha’s finances. Rahul would use her debit card. He had forced Pratyusha to cut herself off from her staff, us (her parents) and her friends.

9. Pratyusha had realised he is not right for her. She melted and lost her way thanks to his sweet talks.

10. We are fighting this case, so that these things never happen to any other girl. He should get the strictest punishment. We are getting full support from police and are sure that justice would be done.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has a 9 year-old-son from first marriage?

Pratyusha Banerjee’s case is taking an all new turn every single day. With the kind of circumstances Pratyusha died in, the suspense is still alive as to what or who is the actual cause behind the unfortunate incident.

Well, in a new twist according to a report in SpotBoyE, Pratyusha Banerjee’s friend Vikas Gupta TV producer claimed that Pratyusha’s boyfriend Rahul has a 9-year-old son from his pehli shaadi.

Vikas Gupta accompanied Pratyusha’s parents outside Bangur Nagar police station.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Rahul Raj Singh used to beat and abuse Pratyusha Banerjee: FIR

A case of abetment of suicide, assault and intimidation was registered against actor-producer Rahul Raj Singh in connection with the death of his girlfriend and TV actor Pratyusha Banerjee after her mother recorded a fresh statement on Tuesday. Rahul, who is in hospital, is likely to be arrested after his discharge.

Pratyusha's parents told police that she was a top TV actor and earning well when Rahul came into her life. "He lied to her about his properties....He took full control of her life. He used to beat and abuse her often. " Her father also said Pratyusha had recently learned that Raj had a nine-year-old son from an earlier relationship. Soma and Shankar Banerjee, pa rents of Pratyusha who became a household name after playing "Anandi" in Balika Vadhu, said Rahul had threatened to dump her if her parents lived with her. So Pratyusha started living with him and her parents lived at their hometown.
Rahul, who is in his thirties, continues to remain in hospital where he was admitted after complaining about chest pain on Sunday. He is likely to be arrested after his discharge. "We will move an anticipatory bail plea in court on Wednesday, "said Neeraj Gupta, Rahul's advocate.
Pratyusha had hanged herself in her seventh-floor flat in Goregaon on April 1.

51709188-1.cms

"Rahul lied to her that he had four flats and cars in Mumbai, 150 acres in his hometown and his mother is an MLA.. He took full control of her life. He wouldn't let her meet her friends or use her phone. He taunted her about her past relationships. He used to beat and abuse her often and neighbours at the Kandivli house where they lived had once heard a loud sound when she got hurt," they added. "Debts had started piling up and paying house rent had become difficult."
In January this year, she complained to her uncle Deepankar and his wife about the torture. She also showed them a bruise she had sustained on her leg. Her uncle told her to get a medical examination done. A day before her death, she had again complained to her uncle and her parents about the abuse. "Pratyusha did not separate as she wanted to make the relationship work," her parents said.

"We have told the police everything. We want the strongest possible punishment for Rahul," said Shankar. "When we heard the news, we went numb. We didn't know what to do, how to react. Pratyusha's friends organized everything for us and we landed in Mumbai. After that, taking our daughter's body to the crematorium, laying her on the funeral pyre, putting her ashes into the river... Amar matha kaj korchhilo na (I couldn't think). We performed all her last rites on Monday following the custom for untimely death or under inauspicious circumstances. That is why we were silent till then. It was important for us to ensure that her soul rests in peace before we could bring ourselves to think and take the right action. It was her mother who registered the FIR," Shankar said.

Asked if they had been aware of what was troubling their daughter, Shankar said: "We knew that Rahul was troubling her, but not to this extent. She would call us sometimes and tell us about a few things. We realized that she was being stopped from calling us too often. But we heard all about it from her close friends after getting here. Now we know what was going on. I've lost my daughter and I have nothing more to lose but I cannot rest if he isn't punished. Rahul should either get a life sentence or capital punishment. No other girl should have to die like my daughter did," said Shankar.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Rahul's lawyer Neeraj Gupta backs out from the case

Pratyusha Banerjee’s death case has now taken a new turn.
The latest update reaching to our news desk is that Rahul’s lawyer Neeraj Gupta has backed out from the case.
The known lawyer, who has fought cases for Sanjay Dutt, Inder Kumar, Ankit Tiwari, has decided to move out of the case.
When we contacted Gupta, he said, “Yes, I have backed out from the case yesterday night (5 April) as I realized that my clients were hiding essential facts from me. I got to know about many facts from the media, which shouldn’t have been the case. Singh family have not yet paid me my dues, though I don’t want any.”
“Moreover, my conscience doesn’t allow me to fight for such cases”, concluded Gupta.
We will keep our readers informed with the next development.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee suicide: Rahul Raj Singh's anticipatory bail plea rejected by court

rahulraj1580x395-1.jpg

Actor-producer Rahul Raj Singh anticipatory bail application was rejected by the Dindoshi sessions court on Thursday.

A case had been lodged for abetment of his girlfriend and TV star Pratyusha Banerjee’s suicide. Rahul, currently in hospital, was booked for the abetment of suicide after police registered an FIR based on a complaint filed by the actress’s mother Soma at Bangurnagar Police Station.

Rahul could now be arrested by police which is probing the case.

Rahul’s new lawyer Ashok Sarogi moved the application on Wednesday after his previous lawyer Neeraj Gupta withrew from the case, saying he was “kept in the dark” about the details pertaining to the case.

“I withdrew from the case on humanitarian grounds. I felt that I shouldn’t be fighting the case, and hence left it be so that injustice is not done to anyone,” Gupta said.

“A client should pass on all the information, right or wrong, good or bad, to the lawyer, but I was kept in the dark and got all the details (pertaining to the case) from outside(media),” Gupta claimed.

Asked if he changed his mind after the FIR was filed against Rahul, he said, “The FIR has nothing to do with the decision. A lawyer is always prepared for such things.”

A case under IPC sections 306 (abetment of suicide), 504, 506 (criminal intimidation), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of IPC has been registered against Rahul.

Police has, however, declined to divulge details regarding the investigation that led to registration of the FIR. They suspect that Rahul was in relationship with another woman about which the deceased was depressed.

Meanwhile, doctors attending on Rahul, who has been in hospital since Sunday morning, said that “he still has suicidal tendencies.”

“I cannot leave him now because he can do anything. He is still on medication and becomes violent when effect of medicine wanes,” Dr Santosh Goel, said, adding that he is under depression and at times calls out to Pratyusha.

On April 1, the 24-year-old actress, who shot to fame for her role of Anandi in hit TV series “Balika Vadhu”, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself inside her flat atGoregoan area of western suburbs.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha death: Rahul’s friend Heer Patel makes shocking revelation about his past

heer_0jpgitokcxXvfzoy-1.jpg

Pratyusha Banerjee is no longer among us but the noise around her death continues to increase with each passing day.
Pratyusha’s family and friends have come together and voicing their opinion on the Balika Vadhu actress being tortured by her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh, which led her to end her life.
Now Heer Patel, Rahul’s friend, has also come out in open. Recently in a press conference Heer revealed some shocking facts about Rahul’s past.
Heer, Rahul and Rahul’s ex-wife Saugata Mukherjee were friends since their struggling days. While Rahul and Heer tried their luck in the world of glamour, Saugata was busy with her career as air-hostess.
Heer opened up, “Even after being married to Saugata, Rahul had numerous affairs. Owing to the nature of her job, Saugata used to visit other cities and Rahul used to get involved into number of flings and affairs. And this is the reason, they parted ways.”
As per Heer’s claim, Saloni Sharma even threatened Saugata like she did Pratyusha.
Heer also filed a fraud case against Rahul. “As I was eager to start a new venture, Rahul offered to plan for a new joint venture together. He asked me to provide him with Rs 25 lakh and his dad would produce a film with me. While I gave him 25 lakh, he never returned the money to me. When I complained to Versova police station; Rahul provided me with two post dated cheques, which later on bounced.”
Before concluding the conference Heer mentioned that all she wants is that Pratyusha should get justice and no other girl should suffer like the way she did.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Wrestler-actor Sangram Singh says the news of his friend and actress Pratyusha Banerjee’s death was “heartbreaking”, but what was even more distressing was the way people tried to get mileage out of the incident.

“I am sorry I wasn’t here when this tragedy happened to her. When I returned (from South Africa), I could only attend her prayer meeting. I was very saddened to see her parents in the state that they were in.

“No parents deserve to see their only child die. Pratyusha’s mother reminded me of my own mother. A simple woman trying to understand what had happened to her child. It was heartbreaking,” Sangram said in an emotional tone.

Even more heartbreaking was the way a section of the television industry was trying to cash in on the tragedy, he said.

“Who are these friends who are speaking on her behalf to the press? And why is the media entertaining their theatrics? A young girl who was starting out in life has died. Shame on all those people who are trying to make mileage out of this tragedy. Some are screaming, weeping and fainting.

“Someone (Rakhi Sawant) takes a ceiling fan to the police station to tell the world to ban fans. Why are they being allowed to reduce the tragedy to a ‘tamasha’? There is one friend who genuinely cares for what happened, and that is Kamya Punjabi.”

Sangram said he is very unhappy to hear Pratyusha’s parents’ plight.

“They are simple people with a meagre income. Someone had to arrange their flight tickets for them to come to Mumbai. They don’t deserve this,” he added.

Sangram and Pratyusha spent many weeks in reality TV show “Bigg Boss”. So, he was stunned to hear of her death.

“The last I spoke to her was before she went into the reality show ‘Power Couple’. She was sounding very happy. She told me she wants to get married and settle down. I told her to be careful about the partner she chooses in life.”

“I knew Pratyusha very well. Of course, we were in ‘Bigg Boss’ together. But what the world saw was only a fraction of the time that we actually spent together. I got to know her very well. Pratyusha was a mere child.

“She would get upset one minute and sulk. The next minute she would be happy and normal. There was no suicidal streak in her at all. I can’t believe she would ever do this. I don’t think she has killed herself.”

Sangram has a message for all the young people whose dreams don’t come true immediately.

“Have patience. Don’t lose heart. There is much to life than fame and fortune. If you are a part of the entertainment industry, please remember it is all temporary. Success and failure go hand in hand. Life is too precious to be squandered for fame or love.”

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Who took Rs 24 lakh from Pratyusha’s account? Police on money trail

The Bangur Nagar police are looking into the bank account details of both Pratyusha Banerjee after learning Rs 24 lakh was withdrawn from Banerjee’s account between November last year till date. The police have sent Rahul’s medical reports to JJ Hospital for a second opinion to decide if he can be arrested.
Based on the statements of Banerjee’s parents, the police have learnt Rs 24 lakh was withdrawn from Banerjee’s account. Police sources said her parents have said that Pratyusha’s bank balance has been emptied and the trail of the money is not known to them.

Sources said they suspect Rahul has removed the huge sum of Rs 24 lakh over a period of time. This amount is earned through reality shows including Bigg Boss and Power Couple, the police believe.
The police will be approaching various banks including those where Pratyusha had a joint account with her mother to find the trail of the missing amount. Officials will study the bank statements over the course of this week for any discrepancies.
The police also said Rahul is in possession of Pratyusha’s debit and credit cards

While the investigation of the case is affected as Rahul is admitted at Shree Sai Hospital for “suicidal tendencies and depression” since Sunday, the police have sent his medical reports to JJ Hospital. Officials gathered the reports on Thursday evening from the private hospital in Kandivli where Rahul is admitted.
Officials will decide on the question of Rahul’s arrest based on the response of the panel of JJ doctors. The panel of JJ doctors are likely to submit their reply to the police by Friday, said police sources.
Meanwhile, the police have also pinned their hopes on the Kalina Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) as evidence sent to them could help officials to determine what drove Banerjee to suicide. Police have sent seized phones of Banerjee and Rahul to the FSL to recover any deleted data from their phone. Police are hoping if Banerjee had left any message on the phone or for any lead in the case.
Officials have also requested the FSL to get the couple’s e-mail accounts’ data along with their social networking websites’ data. Banerjee’s dress and dupatta, which she used to allegedly commit suicide have also been sent to the FSL.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha used to take drugs but Rahul is a bigger addict: Lawyer Neeraj Gupta

Neeraj20GuptajpgitokasglzZam-1.jpg

The press conference saga in the Pratyusha death continues with Rahul Raj Singh’s ex lawyer Neeraj Gupta calling for one.
Holding the mike and addressing the media personnel, Neeraj used his vocal cords to optimal use venting against Rahul.
This is what he had to say: “Rahul was married to Sougata Mukherjee but never revealed about it to the world. I have never seen the divorce paper yet for when I asked the same from his parents, they were not able to provide it.”
He continued to make some sensational claims: “Yes, Pratyusha used to take drugs but Rahul is a bigger addict. Because of Rahul, Pratyusha got into drugs. He is a bad influence.”
Neeraj also negated reports that prior to the suicide Pratyusha and Rahul partied together at their residence. “As per my information, Rahul was alone with some girl at a suburban restaurant in Andheri till 1.30 am and he was certainly not with Pratyusha. Cops must investigate the matter. The talk that he went to the church is also baseless.”
Before signing off, he said that cops should look at the case as a planned murder and not a suicide, for there is enough evidence for the same. He also gunned for Saloni Sharma and asked why her role in the case has not been investigated yet.
So why did he quit the case? “Well, they are not good people. Rahul’s dad told me that the ‘girl is gone but my son should survive’, which is really unpalatable and insensitive.”
Neeraj also issued some pictures from Rahul’s marriage with Sougata.
Interestingly, the press conference was also attended by Rahul's ex friend Heer Patel.
For more on the press conference, keep checking this space for an uncut video will be uploaded soon.

[JUGRAJ SINGH]

Prime VIP
Staff member
Pratyusha Banerjee’s death has been a sad mystery. While the main suspect is Rahul Raj Singh, her boyfriend, and is also giving threats to jump from the hospital building and kill himself. Well, earlier reports of doctors feeling that she was pregnant came out but eventually everyone from her family and friends denied it. But recently the doctors at the JJ hospital in Mumbai did a histopathological examination of the tissues from the uterus to double check their initial findings. And it was found out that Pratyusha Banerjee was actually pregnant and probably had undergone an abortion.

According to a report in Times of India, a source to them said, “The findings showed that there was a conception few days or a month before her demise, and there was a premature death of the foetal cell.” The products of conception, or the placental or foetal tissue in the uterus found following delivery, termination of pregnancy or a miscarriage, were infected and degenerated. That usually hints towards a secondary infection, probably occurring due to an attempt to terminate the pregnancy.”

An expert told the daily, “Since there are no tissues left or rather they were removed, it may be challenging to carry out a DNA test to establish the child’s paternity.”

Dean Dr TP Lahane of JJ hospital told the daily, “We cannot reveal the findings. The report has been handed over to the police.”

Rahul Raj Singh is on anticipatory bail right now.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Boyfriend claims Pratyusha’s parents tortured her, they want CBI probe

_01a8758e15b911e6a43b6996e2e2942c-1.jpg

Instead of resolving, the mystery around Pratyusha Banerjee’s death is getting darker as a blame game rages between her parents and boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh. While her parents have written to home minister Rajnath Singh seeking a probe into her death by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Rahul claimed on Saturday that the parents of the 24-year-old actress used to mentally torture her.

Rahul has also issued a defamation notice to Neeraj Gupta, who had claimed to be his lawyer when he was admitted to the Shri Sai Hospital after Pratyusha’s death.

On April 1, Pratyusha, who shot to fame for her role as Anandi in Balika Vadhu, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself inside her flat in suburban Goregaon. Two days later, a case under IPC sections 306 (abetment of suicide), 504, 506 (criminal intimidation), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) was registered against Rahul based on a complaint lodged by the actress’s parents.
Rahul claimed in an interview to Times of India , “He (Neeraj) has tarnished my image. He accused me of pushing Pratyusha into drugs, hitting her and siphoning money from her. He also accused me of having no source of income and being a fraud. He was never my lawyer but a self-appointed one. It’s his moral duty to not talk about his client in the media. Some others also accused me, saying they wanted to know the truth... but now, I am fighting back to know the truth. Where are they now?”
He also said he will file defamation cases against actress Kamya Punjabi, producer Vikas Gupta and common friend Leena Dias. Rahul said in the interview, “Kamya owes Pratyusha Rs 2.5 lakh. Pratyusha had even messaged her once asking for the money. Vikas claimed that he had a video of me slapping Pratyusha. I demand to see it.”