Pratyusha Banerjee’s suicide

Miss Alone

Prime VIP

She was bubbly, happy: Celebs react to Pratyusha Banerjee’s suicide

_49ca05e0f83011e5860da0ffe8a3a28f-1.jpg

Celebrities from the entertainment industry reacted with shock and grief on Friday night as news broke about the suicide by 24-year-old actress Pratyusha Banerjee, the star of one of the most popular serials on Indian TV.
Pratyusha, who shot into fame as Anandi in the celebrated drama series Balika Vadhu, was found dead at her suburban Mumbai residence on Friday in a suspected case of suicide.
Sample some of the reactions by celebs on Twitter:

Karan Wahi ✔ ‎@karan009wahi
Not the way to go....rip pratyusha banerjee....wen smeone dies they dont die alone...suicide is neva the rite way out.. SAD
10:30 PM - 1 Apr 2016

Karan Kundra ✔ ‎@kkundra
I don't know why you did it Pratyusha.. Can only hope u r in a better place! Not the way to go! Peace!
11:01 PM - 1 Apr 2016 · Agra, India, भारत

Dr Kumar Vishvas ✔ ‎@DrKumarVishwas
Such a sad end of a bubbly,energetic n talented town girl Pratyusha Banerjee,Indian TV will always miss you "Anandi".RIP
9:39 PM - 1 Apr 2016

Madhu Kishwar ‎@madhukishwar
Deeply saddened by sudden death of memorable Balika Vadhu- Pratyusha Bannerjee,charming & talented actress.Young life tragically cut short.
9:22 PM - 1 Apr 2016 · New Delhi, India, भारत

Pratyusha’s co-star from Balika Vadhu and now a Bollywood actor, Sidharth Shukla expressed shock at the news of her death.
“I can’t believe someone like Pratyusha could take such a step,” he said.
“I spoke to her two-three months back and she was fine that time. I am at the hospital...trying to get details,” Shukla added.

Her co-participant from Power Couple, a reality show on Sony TV where she was seen last month, Naved Jaffrey said, “She was a really happy, bubbly girl on the show. What should I say.”
Another participant from Power Couple, Salil Ankola said that he and Pratyusha worked together only a month ago. “She was looking forward to her wedding. I just have no words to how shocking this news is. She was a chirpy and fun loving girl. I am still wondering why she took such a step.”
Though reasons for the extreme step was not yet known, Banerjee was reportedly facing problems in her relationship with boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh.

Actor Ajaz Khan who was with Pratyusha on Bigg Boss Season 7, said that he didn’t think it was “suicide but a planned murder”.
Her last status message on Whatsapp read, “Marke bhi muh na tuzse modana” (even after death won’t be turning my face away from you) with a smiley.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee commits suicide: 5 unknown facts about our beloved ‘Anandi’

pb11459535535-1.jpg

Mumbai: It is still hard to digest that Pratyusha Banerjee, best remembered for her portrayal of Anandi from ‘Balika Vadhu’, has committed suicide.

The reason behind this extreme step by the popular TV actress is not clear as of now but it being said that she was highly disturbed in her personal life. She was reportedly going through a rough phase in her relationship with boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh. The 24-year-old actress last WhatsApp status read "Mar Ke Bhi Munh Na Tujhse Modna.''

The news of her suicide is extremely sad both for her fans and her colleagues in the industry.

Here are some unknown fats about the actress:

1- Born on August 10, 1992, Pratyusha made her debut on the small screen as Anandi at an age of 16 years.

2- Hailing from Jamshedpur, she got the opportunity in the famous daily soap ‘Balika Vadhu’ through the social networking site Facebook. She outshined 70 girls to become the ‘Balika Vadhu’.

3- Pratyusha started her acting career while she was still studying. She then completed her studies through distance education.

4- The 24-year-old actress has been unlucky in love since the start. She had accused her ex-boyfriend Makrand Malhotra of verbal abuse and death threats.

5- She was currently in relationship with Rahul Raj Singh. The couple was in a live-in relation.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Goosebumps: Voice recording of Pratyusha’s mother WAILING after her daughter’s death

This piece of phone conversation will make you weep.
Noted actress Dolly Bindra shared phone conversation recording with Pratyusha Banerjee’s mother, Soma Banerjee, who is heard crying and wailing learning about her daughter’s death.
Indeed, saddening!!!
Earlier in the day we reported about Pratyusha breathing her last at Kokilaben Hospital. She was 24.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
You're never a loser until you quit trying: Glimpses of Pratyusha Banerjee's Twitter account

TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee committed suicide in Mumbai on Friday. She was found hanging in her house and on being taken to the Kokilaben Ambani hospital, was declared brought dead on arrival. While the post-mortem report is awaited, the entire TV fraternity is expressing shock at the news and legions of fans will mourn the death of the fresh-faced actor who was just 24-years-old.
While many remember her for her role as the grown-up Anandi in Balika Vadhu, Pratyusha had also been a part of Sasural Simar Ka and Bigg Boss 7, among others. Most recently, she participated with beau, fellow TV actor Rahul Raj Singh, on Sony TV's Power Couple.

Though the actress was not very active on social media, her Twitter feed (@PratsBanerjee) has several motivational messages and philosophical musings posted by the actor that display a maturity beyond her years. Here are some of them from the past year.

10 Jan 2015: Take time to appreciate what you have.

18 June 2015: Never Blame Another Person For Your Personal Choices. You Are Still The One Who Must Live Out The Consequences Of Your Choices.

19 June 2015: There is only one rule for being a good talker -- learn to listen.

9 July 2015: Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.

7 August 2015: You're never a loser until you quit trying.

19 September 2015: One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Did boyfriend Rahul Raj drive 24-year-old Pratyusha Banerjee to suicide?

filephotoofpratyushabanerjeewithrahulraj-1.jpg

Popular television actress of Balika Vadhu fame today breathed her last after she committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her house in Kandivali, Mumbai. She was all but 24 years old.

The news has left the entire industry and the nation in a state of shock and understandably so. The actress was declared dead at the Kokilaben Ambani hospital in Mumbai where she was brought after she allegedly hanged herself at her house.

Mumbai police have confirmed the news and said they will investigate into the causes behind the drastic move.

While there is still no clarity over the reasons behind the actress’s drastic step, rumours suggest that an estranged relationship with her purported boyfriend with whom she was in a live-in relationship could have been the reason behind the move.

Rumour has it that her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh, an actor-producer, ditched her and decided to get engaged. The actress was seeing Rahul for a few years now and there was also news about the two getting engaged in December last year.

The actress had even said that she was planning to settle down in 2016.

However, media reports suggest s that the actress had been extremely upset for the last couple of days after Rahul left her for someone else. Both Rahul and Pratyusha hail from Jamshedpur.

Her co-stars and colleagues in the industry described her as a strong woman who was determined to make her mark in the industry. Ajaz Khan, a co-contestant in Bigg Boss with Pratyusha, said that he had strong reasons to believe that Pratyusha could not commit suicide and even referred to her death as a murder.

Another television personality Dolly Bindra said Pratyusha was too strong to commit suicide.

Besides the emotional turmoil that she was reeling through, there have also been reports of Pratyusha under some financial woes. Media reports also suggest that Pratyusha's friends did not approve of her relationship with Rahul.

Meanwhile Pratyusha’s body has been shifted to a government hospital where a detail postmortem is awaited. Once the report is prepared, police will go ahead with a detailed investigation into her death.

However, Rahul is likely to stay on their radar and will probably be questioned in relation with the case. A case of suicidal death has been registered by the police.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Suicide or murder? Pratyusha’s story gets mysterious by the minute

_def4ccd6f88a11e59a4323ebef71ce06JPG-1.jpg

Pratyusha Banerjee, TV actor of Balika Vadhu fame, committed suicide by hanging at her home in Mumbai on Friday. However, it seems like there is a lot more to the story than what is being let out.
Pratyusha was declared dead when she was brought into the Kokilaben Hospital in Andheri by her former boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh.

Though the reason for this drastic step is not yet known, there is a buzz that the 24-year-old was suffering from heartache over a failed love affair with Rahul, who recently participated with her in the reality show Power Couple.
Meanwhile, insiders revealed that Pratyusha’s last Whatsapp status that read ‘Mar Ke Bhi Munh Na Tujse Modna’ was probably a hint about her impending suicide.

It is also being said that Rahul looked calm and unaffected by the situation during his stay at the hospital and left the place in hurry on pretext that he was booking flight tickets for Pratyusha’s parents.

Talking over the same, the actress’ close pal Dolly Bindra said that she was strong and cannot commit suicide, while her co-participant from Bigg Boss Ajaz Khan said, ‘I don’t think its suicide. I think its planned murder.’
Also, some reports suggest that the police are also suspecting some foul play in this tragic incident as Pratyusha’s body apparently had a faint rope mark on her neck. Her left cheek was bruised and she had blood coming from her mouth.

But neither her eyes nor her tongue had popped out, which is normally the case when someone hangs themselves. These are the factors that are currently being investigated by the authorities.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
प्रत्यूषा की मांग में सिंदूर था, चेहरे पर निशान था: राखी सावंत

राखी सावंत ने बताया है कि प्रत्यूषा की मांग में सिंदूर था, चेहरे पर निशान था. राखी ने बॉयफ्रेंड पर सवाल उठाये हैं. प्रत्युशा को करीब से जानने वाले लोगों का कहना है कि सोची समझी साजिश के तहत प्रत्युशा की जान ली गई है.​

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee’s last WhatsApp status and profile picture

The news of TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee who was known for her role of Anandi in the popular serial "Balika Vadhu" committing suicide has left the industry as well as her fans shocked.

Pratyusha allegedly hanged herself from a fan at her Kandivali residence but was detected and taken to the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital where she succumbed.

While the reason that pushed her to take this extreme step is yet to be known, the police are investigating the probable cause that may have spurred Pratyusha to end her life.

However, it is being reported that she was going through a rough phase in her relationship with boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh. The couple was apparently living in together.

With what has further intrigued the entire scenario is Pratyusha’s last WhatsApp status. The actress had written ‘Mar ke bhi munh na tujhse modna.’

pratyushawhatsapp1459535110-1.jpg

The virtual world went into a tizzy once the news of Pratyusha's suicide surfaced, with many hoping that it is an April Fools' joke.

Hailing from Jharkhand, Pratyusha catapulted to fame with her role in "Balika Vadhu" between 2010-2013.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
pratyusha2028129-1.jpg

Sorrow looms large in the air.
The current update is that her post mortem is on at Siddharth Hospital, Mumbai, and soon reports will be out. Parents of Pratyusha are on their way to Mumbai and soon will reach the hospital.
There have been lot of speculations on the manner of the death, but nothing can be said with validity yet.
However, no suicide note has been found yet and Pratyusha’s relationship woes could be a major factor for the actor’s death.
Boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh is being interrogated by the cops and he maintains that Pratyusha committed suicide.
There have also been reports of Pratyusha mentioning her industry friends of Rahul cheating on her, an angle we have revealed in an earlier article. Rahul is believed to be dating actress Saloni Sharma as well.
The post mortem report will bring more clarity to the case.
We leave you with the picture of Pratyusha's dead body. Actress Dolly Bindra is also seen in the snapshot.
RIP Pratyusha.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee suicide: Rishi Kapoor, Karan Johar, Anupam Kher, Aamir Ali LAMENT the loss of the Balika Vadhu actress!

The actress has committed suicide earlier today…
The entire television industry has gone into a state of shock, following the suicide, or what is speculated to be suicide of actress Pratyusha Banerjee.

The pretty actress who rose to fame, following her much loved stint as Anandi in the popular long running TV series Balika Vadhu was found hanging in her flat in Kandivali. It is rumoured that she chose to commit that drastic step following complications in her love life with boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh. There were also reports that she was also bogged down by financial issues. The police are investigating the reasons that caused her death, but whatever it may be, our loss will be deeply mourned!

Many film and television personalities who have known and worked with her had tweeted their condolences and mourned over her loss. Prominent among them are Anupam Kher, Karan Johar (who was the judge of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, when Pratyusha was a contestant for season 5), Gauhar Khan, Aamir Ali and others.

Here are some of the celeb reactions.

Deeply saddened by the news about #PratyushaBanerjee. May God give her family the strength to deal with this loss. भगवान आत्मा को शान्ति दे।

— Anupam Kher (@AnupamPkher) April 1, 2016

Heartbroken about the news…. @pratsBanerjee ,… A sweet soul…

— GAUAHAR KHAN (@GAUAHAR_KHAN) April 1, 2016

This is just so sad…and a wake up calm to families and friends who don’t consider depression a medical condition…RIP #PratyushaBanerjee

— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 1, 2016

Not the way to go….rip pratyusha banerjee….wen smeone dies they dont die alone…suicide is neva the rite way out.. SAD

— Karan Wahi (@karan009wahi) April 1, 2016

RIP #PratyushaBanerjee pic.twitter.com/UIFBJJUEUi

— Rahul Mahajan (@TheRahulMahajan) April 1, 2016

So Shocked to hear about Pratyusha banerjee’s demise ,really disturbing … R.I.P

— Gizele Thakral (@gizelethakral) April 1, 2016

Shocked!! Extremely Saddened to hear about Pratyusha Banerjee committing suicide!! I still cannot believe it. RIP.

— Pooja A Gor (@poojaAgor) April 1, 2016

Can’t blv my bday wil b my frnds death anniv b happy whereva u r Pratyusha

— Mahhi Vij (@VijMahhi) April 1, 2016

So shocked to hear about #pratyushabanerjee suicide..Makes me think of Nafisa & Jiah. All beautiful, talented girls. This is Heartbreaking

— SOPHIE CHOUDRY (@Sophie_Choudry) April 1, 2016

Very sad to hear about #pratyusha banerjee

— karishma kotak.. (@karishmakotak) April 1, 2016

I am absolutely shocked with this news! RIP #PratyushaBanerjee I can’t get over that I won’t see ever again! U will be missed!

— DiganganaSuryavanshi (@DiganganaS) April 1, 2016

I was hopin it’s an April fool joke.. But it’s true n #PratyushaBanerjee is no more..very sad n shockin..toooo Young to go

— Aamir Ali (@ali_aamir) April 1, 2016

Deeply saddened to know abt #PratyushaBanerjee ..cant even fathom wht her parents must b going thru. .God give them strength. .RIP Pratyusha

— Juhi Parmar (@iamjuhiparmar) April 1, 2016

So sad to hear about #PratyushaBanerjee – what a pretty & sweet girl. She was perfect as Anandi.. Cant believe im saying ‘Rest In Peace’.

— Aditi Singh Sharma (@ADTSinghSharma) April 1, 2016

Her audition,her 1st shoot & d contest wherein ppl chose her as Anandi is flashing in front of my eyes..speechless #pratyushabanerjee RIP

— Ashvini Yardi (@AshviniYardi) April 1, 2016

What a shame! Such a lovely person should suicide! Who knows the turmoil within her. RIP. pic.twitter.com/tIDk1QetF1

— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) April 1, 2016

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee's family expresses SHOCK and DISBELIEF over her death

The family of Pratyusha Banerjee is shocked and broken with her sudden and shocking death. There is a great amount of grief that the family members have expressed with her death. They just cannot believe that the young girl she knew has gone away from their lives.

They didn’t say anything about her fiancé Rahul who was not present at this crucial time with them and was under the scanner.

Her cousin Rishita said, “We used to watch her in Balika Vadhu and got very excited and happy and also used to tell others see that is my didi. She is on TV. I don’t know why it happened. I came back from tution and mom started crying. They opened the TV and they all started crying,”

Pratyusha’s grandmother said that she had a talk with her last night (Thursday), she spoke with her on telephone. She asked her when she will get married. Pratyusha said that she will earn some money and then get married. Her grandmother also said that she was very happy and that it is difficult to believe that she can take such a big step.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Vivek Mishra Makes Serious Allegations About Pratyusha’s Boyfriend In This WhatsApp Conversation

vmishra-1.jpg

Vivek Mishra is a Bigg Boss 7 contestant – the same year that Pratyusha Banerjee was also a part of the show. He therefore knows the late actress, and in a WhatsApp conversation with one of his friends recently, he revealed some shocking details about Pratyusha’s boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh. While Pratyusha didn’t leave a note, most people are pointing fingers at Rahul right now, saying that he had ditched her even though the two had plans to get married.

vvek576x1024-1.jpg

vvek2576x1024-1.jpg

vvek3576x1024-1.jpg

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee’s Boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh Gives His First Statement On Her Suicide

Ever since the news of Pratyusha Banerjee‘s suicide broke, most fingers have been pointing towards her boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh. While nothing has been confirmed as of yet, it seems like Rahul may have just given the police his first statement regarding the matter. In a report, Pinkvilla said that Rahul told the police he was the one to find Pratyusha hanging from the ceiling, after which he called the neighbours for help. They assumed she was still alive, but after taking her to the hospital, she was pronounced dead.

We used to stay in a 2 bedroom flat. We had two keys; one key was with Pratyusha and the other was with me. When I entered the bedroom, I found Pratyusha hanging from the ceiling. I got very scared. Immediately, I called the neighbours and with their help, I took her to Kokilaben Hospital. We assumed that she was alive, but she was not. I got so scared that I did not inform the police. It was the hospital authorities who informed them. After the doctor’s declaration, I called up Pratyusha’s family members and few of our close friends.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee’s Boyfriend Was Missing At The Hospital – But Her Ex Came Forward For Her Family

Pratyusha Banerjee‘s sudden demise has come has a rude shock to not only her loved ones and the television industry but the entire nation. The popular actress committed suicide yesterday, leaving many questions lingering behind. Her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh, who was recently seen with her in the reality show Power Couple, was the one who rushed her body to the hospital.

However, according to several reports, he left soon after reaching there, claiming that he was going to arrange flight tickets for her parents. Rumours even suggested that he went absconding with Pratyusha’s phone. But this morning, he has finally spoken up about how he was the one who informed everyone about the incident and it is being said that he had left the hospital because he did not want to face Pratyusha’s friends.

Meanwhile, it seems Pratyusha’s ex boyfriend Makrand Malhotra was the one who came forward and made arrangements for Pratyusha’s family’s to fly to Mumbai ASAP.

After dating for a while, Pratyusha and Makrand had parted ways in 2013. Pratyusha had also filed a police complaint against Makrand for allegedly abusing her and her family.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee’s Suicide Highlights How Our Generation Is Failing To Cope Emotional Troubles

Prtyusha750x500-1.jpg

Balika Vadhu famed actor 24-year-old Pratyusha Banerjee’s suicide once again brings to light the rising number of people who choose to end their lives. This is not the first time we are seeing young telly stars resorting to end their life. Recent history has also witnessed suicides like those of Bollywood actress Jiah Khan, TV actress Kuljeet Randhawa, VJ Nafisa Joseph. Not only celebrities, today, we see youth from different sections is committing suicide. The reason behind people choosing the path of suicide varies from debt to work pressure. All these reports lead to ask a serious question. Is suicide becoming the only choice on hand when you are unable to deal with problems? Let us look at the damning statistics of suicide’s in India and why we as citizens should spread the awareness about it besides keeping in mind that suicide does not end the pain it just passes on to your loved one’s. There are so many people in the world who needs, care, attention, love, and affection, if you are not able to live for yourself, you can always live for others who need your time.

In the 15 to 29-year age group, suicide is the second leading cause of death globally. As studies indicate, South Korea, Russia, and India lead in suicide rates. In India, about 46,000 suicides occurred each in 15-29 and 30-44 age groups in 2012 – or about 34% each of all suicides.

We all have ups and downs, sometimes its more than that, that is the point to be alarmed. When your kid, friend, and any person you care is acting differently for quite some time like:

>Crying for no reason. Acting down.

>Not able to sleep. Or sleeps all the time

>Getting mad at anyone. Acting reckless.

>Shutting away friends, no self-care or care for his/her possessions.

>Not bothered about his/her passion gives up on things he/she loves.

>Too much into drugs and substance abuse.

It may be he/she is going through some hard time, at study, relationship etc..Or it may be he/she really has given up on the world.

We need to address the depression then and there and pull him/her back to life. It is his/her negative self-talk: That no one cares about him/her; this world is not worth living in etc. You need to reach out to him/her saying you care for him/her and others do care as well.

Just one spark of hope can light the dying candle in his/her heart and he/she can be the person you used to know.

Suicide does not kill a person, it is his/her loneliness that does!

Show you care, show you love, talk often, ask questions, make them comfortable, let them tell you what they are going, though, give your helping hand. And make sure none of your loved one gives up on life.

In India, there are much more factors apart from depression, we have abject poverty, social ostracism/pressure, unemployment etc. to add to the cause. Apart from personal care, there must be some measures from the government who can help people. We hear about farmer’s suicide every now and then, if Govt. makes good laws to protect them, we can put an end to the shame that we can’t save the very people who work hard so that we have food on our dinner table.

We have received messages of such cases in past, we aren’t professionals yet we let them vent out the negativity and tried our best to comfort them. So if you or any friends of your’s is going through hard times, just get in touch with us we are here to hold your hand, together we will fight out.

“Be kind, it could make a difference!”

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Don’t tarnish Pratyusha’s image: Friends say she wasn’t depressed

Trouble in her love life, financial instability and depression have been brought up as the reasons behind actor Pratyusha Banerjee’s alleged suicide. However, the 24-year-old’s friends have come forward to say that she was not depressed and didn’t have any financial issues.

Designer Rohit Verma, who was designing Pratyusha’s wedding lehenga, says this rumour mongering is maligning her image. “She’d come to my store and buy things. She never took anything on credit. Whenever we went out for meals, we split the bill. I don’t think she was depressed either. I spoke to her recently and she sounded fine. People should not tarnish her image by speculating,” he says.
Close friend, actor Vivek Mishra says that Pratyusha’s expenses had gone up recently as she was also paying for her boyfriend, actor-producer Rahul Raj Singh, but she was financially sound. “She was financially stable, however, Rahul was not. She was preparing for her wedding and told me that she will go on a break after that. She wanted to have a baby within a year. You have to be financially stable to make such plans,” he says.

Meanwhile, in an interview to Mid Day, Rahul explained what happened on Friday, the day Pratyusha hanged herself. “Pratyusha started drinking and I was trying to convince her not to do it this early in the day. She did not listen to me. After a while, I too joined her. At around 1pm, I left home for some work. After almost an hour, I called her on her phone but it was switched off,” said Rahul.
“After several attempts, she finally answered the phone. I asked her if she wanted me to pack lunch for her but she refused. I reached home and the door was locked from inside. I asked my neighbour’s domestic help to enter the house from the balcony and unlatch the door. When he entered, he found Pratyusha hanging from the ceiling fan of the living room,” he said. Rahul was hospitalised on Sunday after he complained of chest pain.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Is Saloni Sharma the alleged other woman in Pratyusha-Rahul's relationship?

Ever since popular TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee committed suicide, reports about her turbulent relationship with boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, started doing the rounds. Now, the latest buzz is that Pratyusha apparently learnt about her boyfriend's affair with another TV actress, Saloni Sharma. Reports further claim that Saloni Sharma often fought with Pratyusha and Rahul. Saloni is also a TV actress and was recently a part of &TV's 'Santoshi Maa'.

Pratyusha's close friend and actress, Dolly Bindra, told media that Rahul was involved with Saloni Sharma and this might be one of the reasons behind their ugly fights.

Meanwhile, when an entertainment portal contacted Saloni Sharma, she denied the news. She stated that she doesn't have any involvement with this case. She also denied having an affair with Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee’s friends allege Rahul slapped, cheated on her

pressconferencemistrytvactresspratushade-1.jpg

In a new twist to the case of alleged suicide of TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee, her friends on Monday claimed her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh “cheated on her” and used to “slap” her in public as well as in parties. The 24-year-old former Balika Vadhu star was found dead at her home in suburban Goregoan on April 1, in a suspected case of suicide.
In a joint press conference here, her friends Kamya Punjabi and Vikas Gupta claimed Rahul was cheating on her and that they were in a “messy relationship”. “Some days ago she called me and said Rahul is cheating on her. Three-four days ago, when I got a call in Delhi, I told her I’ll come and sort out everything. She said she can’t live like this anymore and wanted to get out of this relationship. She said she needed help,” Kamya claimed.

“I told her we will meet on April 4, if she wants, she can stay at my place. Then she called our common friend Leena and said ‘I want to fight back’,” she added.

Gupta, who is a producer, claimed Pratyusha did not want to “give up” on the relationship. “She was in a messy relationship. She didn’t want to come out of it thinking ‘I don’t want people to think I am in a relationship and now I am getting out of it’. She didn’t want to give up,” he claimed.
Gupta also claimed Rahul’s ex-girlfriend Saloni Sharma allegedly used to assault Pratyusha in his absence. “Saloni Sharma used to visit her and assault her. She used to give threats to Pratyusha because of which she was disturbed too. When Pratyusha used to tell Rahul about this, he used to switch off his phone and not visit her,” he further claimed.

Advocate Falguni Brahmabhatt said, “We have evidence to prove in court that Banerjee had injury marks on her face. If the police are not investigating properly we demand the crime branch should investigate the case.”

Kamya and Vikas also claimed that Rahul used to publicly “slap” Pratyusha in public and many of her friends had witnessed it. Kamya and Vikas said they are ready to give statement to police in this regard but they have not been called yet.
Police yesterday recorded Rahul’s statement in connection with the case. Rahul was hospitalised today after he complained of breathing problems.
Police also searched Pratyusha’s house and found two mobile phones. The cops had ruled out financial dispute as the reason for suicide. According to police, the probe so far had not found anything pointing to abetment of suicide by Rahul. Besides, Pratyusha’s parents didn’t level any allegations against Rahul in their statement. Her parents said Pratyusha and her boyfriend did fight sometimes, but patched up soon thereafter.
While Rahul’s parents have claimed the actress was under financial stress, Vikas said the only thing worrying Pratyusha was problems in her personal life. “Pratyusha was a very middle class girl who wanted simple things. She wanted to get married and settle down. If she was getting those things, then I don’t think she would’ve gone anywhere. If Rahul says they had a perfect life and no issues in relationship then she wouldn’t have died,” the producer claimed.

Vikas added he had offered Pratyusha a new show and she was doing well professionally. “Reasons of financial crisis behind her suicide are nonsensical. Pratyusha Banerjee charges more than a lakh for a cameo. There was no financial problem, this is idiocy of a big level where some people are claiming that Pratyusha was depressed,” he further claimed.
Kamya claimed that injury marks were found on Pratyusha’s body and alleged that “the suicide theory had loopholes”. “There are injury marks on the body, grave wound on her nose. If she was hanged, those marks wouldn’t have been there. She was a 5-feet girl, could not have hung herself to a ceiling which is 10 feet high,” she further claimed.
“(Pratyusha’s) Parents are going to pursue a case against Rahul... If she was pregnant she would’ve been alive. The death certificate does not mention she was pregnant,” Vikas claimed.
Leena Dias, a common friend of Pratyusha and Rahul who claims to be “rakhi sister” of Rahul alleged that a day before the incident, Pratyusha had called her and said Saloni was torturing her and she wanted to get our of the mess. “Around 3 am, a day before her (Pratyusha’s) death, she (Pratyusha) called me and was crying. She said ‘I want to get out of these things’. Whatever is happening with me, is wrong. I asked her what exactly is it. Saloni used to torture her, attack her in Rahul’s absence. She told me ‘I want to fight back, I can’t stay like this, I want to sort out these things and come out of this’,” Leena claimed.