HP promises webOS netbooks

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

Personally I have always had a soft spot for HP/Palm’s webOS. It is certainly a powerful multi-tasking operating system that was shipped in a plastic body that put a lot of people off the original Palm Pre when it was first released.
However, while I mentioned recently about HP’s new webOS tablet devices that are edging our way, the rumor mill has been working overtime and has now uncovered news that HP is working on a netbook device based on the aforementioned webOS.
At the moment we are not sure about the spec, but multiple sources suggest that we are likely to see the netbook released February 9, so there should not be much of a wait before HP slips out the spec and features.
It makes sense that HP will go down this route, after-all, Android netbooks from Lenovo are set to appear shortly and it will be good for consumers to have some choice. However, if I was HP I would make the netbook dual boot as well (so it also features Windows 7). This way if webOS does not take off you would still have a decent OS to fall back on