Are sikhs vegetarian or not?

Vegetarian or not?

• Total voters
Say no to animal cruelty, I guess in indian culture we are supposed to say no to meat, its actually an arabian.western tradition, who started it when they were unaware of agriculture. The indian peninsula was developed enough about real info about food cooking and culture.

Rest everybody is rational enough to decide.

J@tti

..Majajan..
vegans and vegetarians are different right? :dunno

Vegans don't consume milk products, such as cheese, etc. There are vegetarians that eat fish for protien. So, there are tons of different kinds of vegetarians. But when I started this thread, I only had non-meat eating vegetarians in mind.

bhamra

Elite
this is a wierd question...i woud say its up to a persons personal preferences..
secondly i have a question for yall ..

Are sikhs allowed to smoke?
...if No Y no....

are they allowed to drink?
...if yes...Y yes

Its wierd right

bhamra

Elite
It doesn't say newhere in Guru Granth Sahib.. to drink and not to smoke.. infact it doesnt support ne vice...

J@tti

..Majajan..
this is a wierd question...i woud say its up to a persons personal preferences..
secondly i have a question for yall ..

Are sikhs allowed to smoke?
...if No Y no....

are they allowed to drink?
...if yes...Y yes

Its wierd right

I am not the best person to comment but as far as I know, both smoking & drinking are discouraged because they are intoxicating and hence they
impair your judgement, which is not something you would want!

i read it smwhere that vegetarians tend to b healthier than non-veg:rolleyes:
we only get 10% of the energy frm the stuff we eat.. plants make their own food..(energy) nd wen a herbivore/vegetarian eats it .. only 10% of the energy is transfered.. so wen a carnivore eats it..10% of that 10% is transfered:an maybe thats y sum ppl say u shud b veggetarian..
i also read a comment bout halal meat .. i kinda dislike it personally .. jhatka is still betta:em:emalthough they both kill the animal but halal meat gives a lot more pain to the dying animal than jhatka:em (maybe i dun noe wat halal means but i guess its wen muslims read their prayers nd cut the animal slowly while reading the prayers)

i've no idea whether or not its written in SGGS bout meat nd stuff.. but i think that cud b one of the reasons..
even muslims r not allowed to eat carnivores(heard it frm smone not sure though)..coz carnivores tend to give u the least amount of energy..:rolleyes:
if "pain" nd "life" were the only reasons then yea plants nd animals they both 've "life" nd both feel the "pain"

its probably not the best explanation but i hope u can figure out wat i mean here:em

V € € R

~Badmassha Vich Shareef~
I m nt veggie....
but i feel that sikh should b veggie......... but yaaro mere naal te panga eh aa ki main restaurant ch kamm karda aa wer we all eat meat almost everyday.........
so dekho kado tak meat khana chadd hunda aa....... waise kai baari try kitta but naal de nai jeen dinde ....... kehnde khaa la hun tere layee ki special veg dish banaiye.......

Sweet_Jatti

.*. KiNdEr .*.
I m nt veggie....
but i feel that sikh should b veggie......... but yaaro mere naal te panga eh aa ki main restaurant ch kamm karda aa wer we all eat meat almost everyday.........
so dekho kado tak meat khana chadd hunda aa....... waise kai baari try kitta but naal de nai jeen dinde ....... kehnde khaa la hun tere layee ki special veg dish banaiye.......

hanji mere layi bna do please :chew

bhamra

Elite
I am not the best person to comment but as far as I know, both smoking & drinking are discouraged because they are intoxicating and hence they
impair your judgement, which is not something you would want!
Point understood Dr.,,,,but wat i meant by my question was... Y do Sikhs dont smoke? ....just wondering...If u see some sikh guy drinking it's fine...but if u see him smokin...u dont feel the same way...Y?

pps309

Prime VIP
Point understood,,,,but wat i meant by my question was... Y do Sikhs dont smoke? ....just wondering...If u see some sikh guy drinking it's fine...but if u see him smokin...u dont feel the same way...Y?
They fear that beard might catach fire, especially when it is dry or spirited with whisky around it.

Jokes apart, Smoking as well as Drinking both are injurious to health. There is a special stigma attached with smoking in Sikh circle whereas the same stigma is not attached with drinking.

bhamra

Elite
one thing i wud like to share with u guys, about the original topic..

i had this discussion with my mom( a pure veggie) the other day.. wat she said was it isn't said specifically newhere that sikhs are allowed to eat meat neither does it state directly newhre the other way around. Sikhs can eat jhatka meat.. but only given jahtka by their own hands....She also said to me was try doin that n u wud urself leave eating meat....