A last Tribute to Sathya sai baba - PEACE ۞

prithvi.k

on off on off......

With the 86-year-old Sathya Sai Babas passing away,there might not be as many footfalls in Puttaparthi as before.But the Baba,with his halo of hair and cherubic
smile,has already been immortalised in countless hearts and minds.Numbering among his faithful were heads of state,royalty from India and abroad,corporate bigwigs,stalwarts of science,renowned sportsmen and artists.

Ar0080200-1.png

Ar0120100-1.png

Ar0100100-1.png

1ZF3-1.jpg

Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and Governor H R Bhardwaj condoled Sai Baba's death

Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah Sunday condoled the death of spiritual guru Sathya Sai Baba, describing it as a 'grave loss' to his devotees the world over.

Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed profound grief at the death of Sri Sathya Sai Baba today.

Orissa Governor M C Bhandare and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik expressed grief over the death of Sathya Sai Baba saying his message of love and compassion guided millions worldwide.

Andhra Pradesh CM declares 4 days state mourning. The burial will take place on Wednesday. Baba’s funeral will be conducted with full state honours.

From ordinary believers to the President of India, his clout spread far and wide but fake controversy also followed Puttaparthi Satya Sai Baba all along. But still no godmen could match Satya Sai Baba's name and fame.

Security has been heightened in Puttaparthi as many VVIPs are expected to arrive in the next two days.

Devotees from around the world have been pouring in over the past week. Special arrangements are being made to accommodate thousands more devotees in the town.

Puttaparthi:
One of India’s tallest spiritual leaders with a following of kings and commoners alike, Sri Sathya Sai Baba, passed away on Sunday morning at 7.40 am of cardio-respiratory failure at the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences here. He was 85.

Sai Baba’s death was announced at 10.15 am by hospital director Dr A N Safaya, who said, “Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba is no more with us physically. He left his earthly body on April 24, 2011, at 7.40 am due to cardio-respiratory failure.” The godman was admitted to the hospital 28 days ago with cardiac problems and his condition deteriorated with many of his organs failing.

The Baba’s body will lie in state at Sai Kulwant Hall in Prasanthi Nilayam Ashram until Tuesday for his devotees and followers to have a last darshan. He will then be buried close to his Yajur Mandir residence on Wednesday in line with the practice adopted for Hindu spiritual leaders. Sanyasis are said to symbolically submit their bodies to fire at the time of renunciation by donning saffron- or flame-coloured robes.
“The exact time of burial will be announced later,” said Andhra Pradesh industries minister Geeta Reddy. Four lakh people are expected for the funeral that will include national and international dignitaries.

Before announcing Sai Baba’s demise, the police ordered acomplete shutdown of Puttaparthi. All shops were closed and roads barricaded. Those arriving from Bangalore (barring mediapersons and government officials) had to stop eight km out of the town.

Except for Baba’s close relatives and disciples, and office-bearers of Sri Sathya Sai Baba Central Trust and VIPs, no one was allowed into the hospital. Once the news of his death broke, Andhra Pradesh governor E S L Narasimhan, chief minister Kiran Reddy, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and former Maharashtra governor Ashok Chavan rushed to the hospital.

Police sources said by late evening around 60,000 people had arrived by all modes of transport and from nearby towns and villages including Bangalore and Hyderabad for a last darshan. The Karnataka government has increased the frequency of buses from Bangalore to Puttaparthi. Puttaparthi also has a private airport where flights carrying devotees landed.

The spiritual leader was in indifferent health since 2005 after suffering a hip bone fracture and remained confined to a wheelchair.

His close aide Anil Kumar, who used to translate Baba’s Telugu speeches into English, said: “His objective was the establishment of ‘sanatana dharma’ which believes in one god. His spirituality can be summed up as a journey from I to We. That’s his greatness.”

Nov 23, 1926 | Born in Puttaparthi, Andhra. Named Sathyanarayana Raju by parents

Oct 20, 1940 | Declares he is Sai Baba, retains name ‘Sathya’
1950 | Builds Prasanthi Nilayam, his ashram at Puttaparthi
1995 | Launches Anantapur drinking water project
2001 | Sets up Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Bangalore

POWER FOLLOWING
Atal Bihari Vajpayee | FORMER PM
S M Krishna | FOREIGN MINISTER
Sunil Bharti Mittal | CHAIRMAN, BHARTI AIRTEL
Sunil Gavaskar | FORMER CRICKETER
Sachin Tendulkar | CRICKETER
M K Stalin | DEPUTY CM, TAMIL NADU
Venu Sreenivasan | CHAIRMAN, TVS GROUP
Nita Ambani | WIFE OF MUKESH AMBANI

Their lives changed forever after they met Sai

Mumbai: For Gowri Rao, he is nothing less than “bhagwan”. After all, it was Sathya Sai Baba who got her back on her feet, literally, after the Bharatanatyam dancer lost her ability to move her limbs in 1982.

Just two days before a performance, Rao suffered muscle seizure and even after a year of painful treatment, Rao showed little sign of improvement. However, it took her only one trip to Sai’s ashram in Puttaparthi to get her back on feet. “I didn’t know whom I was going to. But after a conversation with him, I could stand up, bend and even touch his feet. He transformed my life,” she said. “Sai has made me dance into worship.”

Rao’s experience seems to be far from being a unique, as several Mumbaiites swear that their lives changed after meeting the spiritual guru. Lawyer Nimish Pandya from Andheri claims he has turned into a better person after meeting Sai. “Every time I met him, it felt as if I was tuned to him; he could read my thoughts, my doubts and my worries. He changed my life,” says Pandya.

Dr Keki M Mistry (76) Paarsi orthodontist from Nariman Point, was never religious and did not believe in godmen. In 1964, he developed a tumour between his nose and throat could not even breathe properly. During that time, a friend gifted him a book of Sathya Sai Baba. “When I started reading it, I got so involved that I stayed up all night.” When Sai came to Mumbai, Mistry, along with his mother, paid him a visit and the spiritual leader assured him that he would be “fine in three days”. A few days later, a medical check-up revealed that Mistry did not have any tumour anymore. “For all these years, he has never asked us for any thing. He’s just given, given and given,” Mistry said.

Accompanied by wife Anjali and friend V. Chamundeshwarnath, Sachin sat beside the body of Sathya Sai Baba at Sai Kulwant Hall in Prashanti Nilayam, and prayed for him.
sachintears-1.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar breaks down while paying his last respects to Shri Sathya Sai Baba.

Sachin, an ardent devotee of Baba, was seen wiping his tears from a handkerchief handed over by his wife. He also spoke to an official of Sathya Sai Central Trust sitting beside him.
Sachin, who turned 38 Sunday, did not celebrate his birthday due to Baba's death.
The batsman, who led Mumbai Indians to a victory in Sunday's Indian Premier League (IPL) match against Deccan Chargers in Hyderabad, rushed to Puttaparthi after a night halt in Hyderabad.
Sachin had visited Puttaparthi in the past and sought blessings of Baba, who died Sunday after a prolonged illness at the age of 85.

Grieving Sachin cancels bday bash
Sachin Tendulkar Sunday let his 38th birthday pass without any celebrations as he was grieving over the demise of Sathya Sai Baba.The Mumbai Indians captain,a staunch devotee of Baba,however,played the IPL match against Deccan Chargers.He remained inside his hotel room through the day and was reportedly glued to the TV watching the sad scenes in Puttaparthi.

Sachin mourns on birthday,shuns food and teammates
Nita Ambani,Anjali Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh had planned a gathering on Sunday to raise a toast to India's cricket God on his 38th birthday.Instead,Sachin
Tendulkar confined himself to his room,mourn-ing the death of Sathya Sai Baba,his spiritual guru.

He ate nothing,met no one,not even his teammates.Never the one to shun the call of duty,he did take the field against Deccan Chargers later in the day.People were quick to draw similarities with the year 1999,when he scored a blistering hundred in the World Cup a couple of days after the funeral of his father.

Tendulkar,who landed in Hyderabad late on Saturday night with Anjali and their children,instructed the hotel staff to ensure nobody disturbed him in his mourning.
The hotel manager said,"He did not even have breakfast.No one was allowed to enter his room.He turned on the Do Not Disturb sign and didn't even interact with his teammates."Only Nita Ambani was said to have met him.In his 20-ball cameo in which he scored 28,Tendulkar's intent on pay-ing homage to his spiritual guru was evident.The Mumbai Indians cap-tain looked in murderous mood,smashing the Hyderabad bowlers all over the park.

An injured Sunil Gavaskar,ruled out of the Brisbane Test in 1977,recovered thanks to vibhuti from Sathya Sai Babas ashram

g5-1.jpg

Sunil Gavaskar's devotion to Sathya Sai Baba is as legendary as his batting feats.It was a cricket-related incident way back in 1977 that converted Gavaskar into a Baba devotee.On tour to Australia in 1977,under the captaincy of Bishan Singh Bedi,tragedy struck underdogs India when Gavaskar was all but ruled out of the first Test in Brisbane.

Gavaskar tweaked a thigh muscle during practice.Those were the days when the concept of a physiotherapist travelling with the team was unheard of.A local doctor said the injury will require three weeks to heal,and there was no way Gavaskar could play the Test.

Gavaskar could barely walk,and his mood grew darker with each passing day.His family had great faith in Sai Baba,and suggested he apply the vibhuti from Baba's ashram.Commentator Sushil Doshi,who was leaving for Australia in a couple of days,delivered the vibhuti to Gavaskar.Doshi told Mumbai Mirror,"The experience is too sacred and personal to be shared in public.All I can say is,not only Gavaskar,even my life changed after coming in contact with Baba."
The vibhuti had started to take effect on Gavaskar.Though he experienced stiffness,there was a marked improvement and he was able to walk.On the morning of the Test,he applied vibhuti to the leg before giving his fitness trial.The stiffness had almost gone.

To Gavaskar's surprise he was able to walk down the Queensland Cricket Ground stairway quite normally.He took a light jog and the stiffness reduced with every stride.Gavaskar was included in the playing XI after he convinced the management that he was confident of playing the Test.
"It was unbelievable,"Gavaskar said,"Nobody including me had given myself a chance of playing the second Test,leave alone the first Test and here I was,thanks to the vibhuti,playing the match."

Gavaskar later issued a statement: "Sathya Sai Baba has been the moving force behind my life and the life of my family.For us,he is God almighty and we are pained at the current situation."

including great batman like sachin ,few other name<may be i mmiss some names> who was present there--

Actor :Amitabh Bachchan,
Cricketers: Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid,Anil Kumble,VVS Laxman,sreesanth etc
Politicians: Shivraj Patil, Ashok Chavan, S M Krishna, M K Stalin,Chandrababu Naidu. etc

VIPs,devotees flock to ashram for final darshan

Puttaparthi: Though prohibitory orders are in force in Puttaparthi,lakhs of devotees had congregated in the town by late Sunday to have a last glimpse of Sathya Sai Baba.
The rush was visible when Babas body was placed for the darshan at Kulwanth Hall on Sunday evening.Devotees surged towards the main hall,breaking down the

barricades.Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa,Tamil Nadu deputy CM M K Stalin and actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi were among the VIPs who paid their respects at Prashanti Nilayam.
Earlier,Andhra Pradesh governor E S L Narasimhan and CM N Kiran Kumar Reddy paid their respects.Former Maharashtra CM Ashok Chavan was also present.

Thosandsofdevoteesmournedastheygatheredi-1.jpg

Thousands of devotees mourned as they gathered in front of Prashanthi Nilayam in Puttaparthi to catch a glimpse of Shri Sathya Sai Baba's body on Sunday.

Spirit of god drew them to him
Bangalore: Sathya Sai Baba’s devotees flocked the gates of Brindavan, the Whitefield ashram near Bangalore, just as they heard he had died. David from Holland, who renamed himself Ishwar, said he heard the news as he came out of the ashram after his daily morning prayers. Ishwar says his mother dedicated him to Sai Baba. “I don’t know what to say. Sai Baba has been god for me and my mother who is in Holland. I’ve been playing the tabla here for the past two years because that’s what I was meant to do,” he said.

An elderly Croatian lady calling herself a ‘sadhu’ says as a youngster, she had dreams of Sai Baba and came to India. “I’ve been in India for almost 70 years because of the energy of god in him. Last year, I was at Kumbh Mela, before that I was meditating in Arunachal Pradesh. Everywhere, I saw Sathya Sai Baba.” Others who came to the ashram sobbed uncontrollably. Papamma, a flower vendor has been selling garlands at the gate for 30 years. She said Sai Baba’s energy had changed her life completely.

Sri Sudha, a techie, was named by Sathya Sai Baba. “I’m a devotee by birth. My father believed in his miracles,” she said. Former speaker Ramesh Kumar was sobbing as he said Sai Baba did eveything the government could not. “I’m not in a state to explain what he meant to me,” he said. “Definitely he’ll be reborn. Being a staff of the Sathya Sai hospital, I have known he is godly. We’ll see his reincarnation,” said AM Singh, a wheelchairbound devotee.

https://www.unp.me/

[B]Sri Lankan Airlines to fly additional flights for Sai devotees [/B]
Sri Lankan Airlines, the country's national carrier, will fly additional flights to India for the devotees want to pay last respects to Sathya Sai Baba.
"The airline will have additional capacity on their daily flights to Bangalore from April 26 onwards in order to accommodate all devotees who wish to pay final homage to their spiritual leader," a spokesman of the airline said today.
Besides, the airline will also provide special charter flights, he said.

Sai Baba, a cult like figure who had a phenomenal following across the globe died april 24th battling illness caused by a multi-organ failure for nearly a month.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Re: A last Tribute to Sathya sai baba - PEACE

Bollywood mourns, recalls tryst with Baba
bollywoodJF-1.jpg

The passing of Sathya Sai Baba has left Bollywood deeply moved. “Very sad to hear of the passing of Satya Sai baba. sent me vibhuti at the time of Coolie accident.

On getting well visited him,” tweeted superstar Amitabh Bachchan. Anupam too tweeted, “Sathya Sai Baba had millions of followers all over the world. Their faith in him held them together. May God give them strength.”
Singer Asha Bhosale has refused to call the spiritual leader’s passing “death”. “I will not term it as death, but samadhi. Sathya Sai Baba did a lot of good work, built hospitals for poor people. He was a good man who did a lot for society, my condolences to his followers.” Actor Riteish Deshmukh feels happy that he had the privilege

of meeting the spiritual leader. “He was a man who spread love and helped the needy.” And Sonu Nigam feels “lucky that he could perform in front of him, that too, just 15 months ago”. “I believe in the enormous work of social and spiritual healing that he and his organization accomplished,” he said.

April 24 (IANS) Bollywood stars, filmmakers and designers joined thousands of devotees in India and abroad in expressing grief at the death of spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba Sunday.

Sathya Sai Baba died after a prolonged illness in Andhra Pradesh's Puttaparthi town at the age of 85.

'Sai Baba RIP. My condolences to all his followers,' actor R. Madhavan posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.

Actor Rana Daggubati tweeted: 'RIP....Sathya Sai Baba. My condolences to all his followers.'

'Just heard that Baba left his body...my heart bleeds for his followers..my sincere condolences,' director Ram Gopal Varma said.

Delhi-based designer Arpan Vohra said he felt blessed that he had earlier got a chance to go to Puttaparthi and seek Sai Baba's blessings.

'Jai Satya Sai Baba. God Bless his soul. I had the honour of going to Puttaparthi with my family to seek his blessings and met him. It was great to receive vibhuthi (sacred ashes) from him. He will be remembered for his noble deeds,' he told IANS.

Designer Varija Bajaj said: 'May his message live and guide us forever.'

Hyderabad-based designer Abhi Jain said: 'I am speechless and don't know how to react as this news came as a thunderstorm for me.'

Accessory designer Sonal Chavan says she will keep a fast for the whole day as a mark of respect.

'I was a big follower of the person and it's an unfortunate truth to accept. I will be keeping a fast for the whole day and plan not to take even a sip of water,' she said.

'What a coincidence. Today is the birth anniversary of one of best cricketers of the world and on the other hand, we lost our spiritual guru. This news has came as a shock for me and I am blank,' Kolkata-based designer Joy Mitra said, referring to the 38th birthday of Sachin Tendulkar Sunday.

Mumbai-based model Aryan Baruah said: 'May his soul rest in peace and God bless him forever.'

Sai Baba, revered by millions in India and abroad, was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction. He breathed his last at 7.40 a.m. Sunday at the Sathya Sai super-speciality hospital in Puttaparthi, where he was admitted March 28 with cardiac problems.

His body will be kept at Prashanti Nilayam - his ashram in Puttaparthi - for two days to enable devotees to have a 'last darshan'.

Baba was a devotee of music - Anup Jalota
Anup Jalota still remembers one evening in the 1960s when Sathya Sai Baba personally served food to him and several other musicians.
When Dr BR Krishna Rao was Governor of Uttar Pradesh in the early 1960s,he had invited Sathya Sai Baba as a state guest to Lucknow and organised a musical
evening for him.My father,Purushottam Das Jalota,was then the Raj Gayak of Uttar Pradesh and I had the privilege of joining him on stage,though I was just seven years old, Jalota says.

It was a small gathering of around 30 people.Baba wasn't that well known in Northern India during those days.Baba later invited my father to visit him in Puttaparthi.In

the two weeks we stayed there,Baba took keen interest in exploring various facets and nuances of music.The P u t t a p a r t h i ashram itself was just two large rooms

then.One was occupied by Baba and the other was for guests.Much later,sometime around 1980,Baba had come to Mumbai and decided to hold a musical evening at his ashram,Dharma Kshetra.
He had personally prepared a list of people he wanted to hear Pt Ravi Shankar,Pt Bhimsen Joshi,Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia,Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma and myself.He insisted on personally serving food to all of us after the show and had told us that though he may have many followers,he himself was a devotee of music.

Devotees have harrowing time at domestic airport
Adozen devotees of Sathya Sai Baba,wanting to go to Puttaparthi,alleged that they were put through a harrowing time at the domestic airport on Sunday,when they were prevented from boarding a Kingfisher flight scheduled to depart at 6.50 pm.
The passengers say they were not accommodated on the flight even though they had reached well before an hour of the scheduled departure.
We were in the queue but it just wasnt moving.Then,five minutes before scheduled take-off,we were told that we couldnt board the flight as it was ready to take off, said an exasperated Dr Aniruddh Ambekar,who runs Lifeline Medicare Hospital at Goregaon.

We were upset as we wanted to fly to Puttaparthi as soon as possible.I shut my clinic and made arrangements for my patients.Now I am told I cannot go.This is
unprofessional of the airline, said Dr Ambekar.
When we demanded alternative arrangements,they initially asked us to come to the airport after 12 hours, said Dr Shilpa Ambekar of Bombay Hospital.
Breaking into tears,devotee Vidya Gangoli said,We repeatedly told them that we have boarding passes and that they could not stop us like this.But it seems they had overbooked.
When contacted,a spokesperson of Kingfisher Airlines said,We regret we could not accommodate the passengers on the flight they were booked as they reported after the check-in counter closed.

However,they were accommodated on the next flight at 8.15 pm.We regret any inconvenience caused to them.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Re: A last Tribute to Sathya sai baba - PEACE

Sathya SAI BABA’S JOURNEY -

Nov 23, 1926 |
Born in Puttaparthi, Ananthpur district, Andhra Pradesh
Oct 20, 1940 |
Declares he is Sai Baba
1950 | Builds Prasanthi Nilayam, his Puttaparthi ashram
1954 | General hospital established at Puttaparthi
1968 | Sets up college for girls at Anantapur
1972 | Founded Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, a charitable trust that undertakes social welfare projects
1976 |
General hospital set up in Bangalore 1978 | Boys college at Puttaparthi
1981 | Sri Sathya Sai University inaugurated
1991 | Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences set up 1995 | Launches Anantapur drinking water project
2001 | Launches Medak & Mahabubnagar drinking water projects
2001 | Sets up Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, B’lore
2002 | Chennai water project
2007 | East & West Godavari water projects
2009 | Launches construction of Sathya Sai University campus

The university complex
A specialty hospital World Religious Museum, Chaitanya Jyoti
A planetarium
A railway station
Hill-view stadium
A music college
An administrative building
An airport
An indoor stadium
A sports complex
1,200 Sathya Sai Baba centres in over
180 countries
Schools, cultural and health centres

worldG-1.jpg

In an official letter released to the general public in December 2001,
A.B. Vajpayee (then Prime Minister of India), P.N. Bhagawati (Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Ranganath Misra (Chair Person, National Human Rights Commissioner of India and Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Najma Heptulla (President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union; UNDP Distinguished Human Development Ambassador) and Shivraj Patel (Member of Parliament, India; Formerly of the Lok Sabha & Union Minister) all signed a letter which stated as follows "We are deeply pained and anguished by the wild, reckless and concocted allegations made by certain vested interests and people against Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.

We would normally expect that responsible media would ascertain the true facts before printing such calumny - especially when the person is revered globally as an embodiment of love and selfless service to humanity.
Since this professional ethic has not been observed by a section of the media, we have elected to go public with this signed statement."

1976 interview with Blitz Magazine, Sathya Sai Baba was asked by Sri R.K. Karanjia (Senior Editor of Blitz Magazine), why he had incarnated. Sathya Sai Baba responded, "Because that is the only way to incarnate the God within man.; therefore, in my present Avathar, I have come armed with the fullness of the power of formless God to correct mankind, raise human consciousness and put people back on the right path of truth, righteousness, peace and love to divinity."

Sathya Sai Baba gives discourses on religious topics to devotees in his native language Telugu.
Sathya Sai Baba has said that his followers do not need to give up their original religion, saying "My objective is the establishment of sanathana dharma, which believes in one God as propitiated by the founders of all religions.

So none has to give up his religion or deity I have come not to disturb or destroy any Faith, but to confirm each in his own Faith, so that the Christian becomes a better Christian, the Muslim a better Muslim and a Hindu a better Hindu.

According to "Ocean of Love", a book published by the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, "there is no new path that He is preaching, no new order that He has created. There is no new religion that He has come to add or a particular philosophy that He recommends ... His mission is unique and simple. His mission is that of love and compassion."

Puttaparthi, where Sathya Sai Baba was born and still lives, was originally a small remote South Indian village.

Now one can find an extensive University complex, Chaitanya Jyoti (a World-Religions Museum that has won several international awards for design a spiritual museum, a Planetarium, a railway station, a hill-view stadium, an administrative building, an airport, an indoor sports stadium and more.

High ranking Indian politicians like the former President Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee have been official guests at the ashram in Puttaparthi.
On Sathya Sai Baba's 80th birthday celebration, it was reported that well over a million people attended, including 13,000 delegates from India and 180 other countries.

• Sathya Sai Baba supports free schools and other charitable works in 166 countries.
  • The Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences in Puttaparthi is a 220 bed facility that provides free surgical and medical care and was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister Narasimha Rao on 22 November 1991.
  • The Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences in Bangalore is a 333 bed hospital meant to benefit the poor.
  • The hospital was inaugurated on 19 January 2001 by the then Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee.
  • The hospital has provided free medical care to over 250,000 patients.
  • The Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital was opened in Whitefield, Bangalore, in 1977 and provides complex surgeries, food and medicines free of cost. The hospital has treated over 2 million patients

On 23rd November 1999, the Department of Posts, Government of India, released a postage stamp and a postal cover in recognition of the pioneering service rendered by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba in addressing the problem of providing safe drinking water to the rural masses.
Photo of Sathya Sai Stamp issued by Government of India
stamp-1.jpg

DREAM DONATION
Among one of Sathya Sai Baba’s mega donors was Isaac Tigrett from Tennessee, USA, and founder of Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blues.Sai Baba is said to have
come in his dreams and saved him from a fatal disease. Tigrett apparently sold his cafe chain for $108 million and in 1991 gave the money to the Guru.This is how the famous Puttaparthi hospital was funded
VITAL STATISTICS
Rs 250 cr is the cost of Anantapur piped-water project. Benefits 750 villages in the district 30 million is the estimated number of Sai Baba

ClockwisefromtopleftTheH-1.jpg

(Clockwise from top left) The Hill-view cricket stadium, the Sathya Sai medical institute, the planetarium and Chaitnya Jyoti Museum at Puttaparthi

Sai baba's Glittering Empire--AND Great social work......
The Sathya Sai Empire has over decades accumulated hundreds of acres of immovable property and cash assets in the form of donations that run into crores of rupees.

The Sathya Sai Central Trust manages medical and degree colleges, schools, Sadhana Trust of books and publications, the Eswaramma Women’s Welfare Trust,
seva organizations and super-specialty hospitals at Puttaparthi and Bangalore.

In addition, there are general hospitals, eye hospitals and drinking water schemes in Anantapur, Medak, Mahabubnagar, East and West Godavari districts of Andhra Pradesh and Chennai

The Sai Empire has a presence in 186 nations and operates 1,200 organizations worldwide. Puttaparthi is the seat of the Sathya Sai University complex, the
Chaitanya Jyoti Museum, a planetarium, an indoor stadium, an outdoor hill-view stadium, a general hospital, a music college, an airport, apart from the super-specialty hospital and Prasanthi Nilayam.

All these projects are managed by the central trust, exempted from taxes since it is a charitable body. While Sathya Sai Baba is the chairman, retired IAS officer K
Chakravarthi is the secretary. Donations pour in from every corner of the world every year and there is no official figure available of this.

Sources said Isaac Tigrett Burton from Tennessee, USA, and founder of Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blues, donated Rs 300 crore for the Sathya Sai
Super-specialty Hospital in 1991. Puttaparthi’s super-specialty hospital was built at a cost of Rs 300 crore in a record 10 months. It was inaugurated by then PM P V Narasimha Rao on November 22, 1991. The Bangalore hospital cost around Rs 500 crore.

Drinking water schemes in various districts amount to Rs 2,500 crore. The fancy indoor stadium at Puttaparthi was built in 132 days at a cost of Rs 30 crore. Baba
unveiled a Rs 300 crore drinking water project to provide safe drinking water to 220 villages in East Godavari and 230 villages in West Godavari in 2005.

Set up in 1968, the Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning was made a deemed university in 1981.

Sai Baba resides in Yajur Mandir and gives darshans at Sai Kulwant Hall, which has a capacity of 4,000. In the summer, Baba resides at Brindavan Ashram in
Kadugodi, Whitefield, Bangalore. Occasionally, he visits Sai Shruti Ashram in Kodaikanal. Sources say Prasanthi Nilayam has a Green Room, to which only the Baba has access.

Sri Lankan Airlines to fly additional flights for Sai devotees
Sri Lankan Airlines, the country's national carrier, will fly additional flights to India for the devotees want to pay last respects to Sathya Sai Baba.
"The airline will have additional capacity on their daily flights to Bangalore from April 26 onwards in order to accommodate all devotees who wish to pay final homage to their spiritual leader," a spokesman of the airline said today.
Besides, the airline will also provide special charter flights, he said.

Sai Baba, a cult like figure who had a phenomenal following across the globe died april 24th battling illness caused by a multi-organ failure for nearly a month.

Rationalist CM an Atheist Karunaidhi had a connect with Baba -
Chennai: Among the thousands of devotees who poured into Puttaparthi on Sunday, soon after news broke out about Sathya Sai Baba’s death, was Tamil Nadu deputy chief minister and DMK treasurer M K Stalin, deputed by his father and chief minister M Karunanidhi to pay his condolences.

Despite rationalist leanings, DMK and its supremo had a special association with Sai Baba. While Karunanidhi is known to rigidly follow his mentor Periyar’s footsteps when it comes to atheistic beliefs, the year 2007 was an eye opener not just for his detractors but his partymen as well.

That was the year when Sai Baba visited Karunanidhi’s Gopalapuram residence and performed his trademark miracle producing finger rings out of thin air. Later, participating in a function to felicitate the godman, whose trust donated Rs 276 crore for bringing Krishna water to Chennai, the atheist patriarch remarked cryptically, “When it comes to holy men, I know how to distinguish between the fake and the genuine ones like Sai Baba. Such persons are greater than saints. Even equivalent to God.” “I am sad. Sai Baba has left us all. I never thought he would leave us all this soon. Although I am an atheist, Sai Baba had a great affection for me,” Karunanidhi said on Sunday.

_52285652_saibabaprocessionap304-1.jpg

Here is BBC's obituary of Sathya Sai Baba's death.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13153536

Sathya sai baba trust -
1. Construction of Prashantha Nilayam started in 1945. The mandhir opened in 1950.
2. A small hospital for poor in Putaparthy in 1954
3. Primary Health care center for Ladies and Children in White Field in 1970
4. Satya Sai institute of learning in 1981
5. Water project to meet the requirements of Rayalaseema people in 1995 March. Water is supplied to 750 villages
6. Satya Sai Ganga Canal in 2004 to satisfy water needs of Chennai People.
7. Drinking water to 179 Villages in Medak district.
8. Super Specialty hospital for poor people in Bangalore in 2001
9. Constructed 699 Houses for Flood affected people in Odissa.
10. Free mediaction in 33 countries including America, Mexico and Britain.
11. Many Mobile dispensaries all over the country
etc...

i respect him for providing service to the society , he laid many hospitals, universities to many poor people which no governement has done . And who will forgot the canal project by satha sai which helped chennai people by provideing drinking water to 179 villages
His contribution for society for is immense.....His teachings will be continue to exist

P.S -
Saints never dies they live in the hearts of millions....FOREVER
thanks.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Indian the holy land of god and saints

Sai Baba’s magical powers manifested in serving the poor
by Ambrose Pinto S J

Does it really matter whether one is a God, man or a mere human being? I am no devotee of Sathya Sai Baba. Given my academics, I am unable to comprehend those magical or divine powers that are ascribed to him. There are several critics of the godman. I have never been able to engage with them. I have not been to his ashram or his establishments. Yet I hold the person with deep respect though I may not regard him as an avatar or a divine being.

In my perception the quality of any person is to be judged not from the divine claims a person makes but the life he leads in relationship to others. A divine person if he makes claims to be divine should be able to express that divinity through his humanity. The ultimate quality of any human being making a claim to be divine should be to translate that divinity into human living by his concern to the poor, compassion to the suffering and sensitivity to those in anguish. Caring for other human beings is an essential part of living a divine life. Nobody can deny the fact that Sathya Sai Baba has touched the lives of the poor and the deprived.

He had pioneered many social service activities beginning with a general hospital at Puttaparthi with 220 beds and a 333-bedded hospital at Whitefield, both superspecialty hospitals. The fact that the poor get free services surely is a tribute to Sathya Sai Baba. If that hospital was non-existent there would have been so many lives of the poor lost. One of the dreams of the framers of the constitution was to provide quality health care for all. It is the Baba that made it possible to realise that dream for the people of Andhra and other southern states.

Education is another service that is not easily available to the poor. The Sathya Sai Trust runs many schools and colleges. These educational institutions are not run as commercial enterprises for profits but as institutions for the commoners. The standards of education imparted here is qualitative.

“I have come to light the lamp of love in your hearts, to see that it shines day by day with added lustre. I have not come on any mission or publicity for any sect or creed or cause nor have I come to collect followers for any doctrine. I have no plans to attract disciples or devotees into my fold or any fold. I have come to tell you of the universal, unitary of faith, this path of love, this duty of love, this obligation to love”, Baba had said.

This has been the philosophy of his educational institutions spreading universal values of faith, service and love.

Drinking water-

Another area of major contribution of Sathya Sai Baba for the poor has been in providing drinking water. A project that began in 1994 has provided water to more than 700 villages in Andhra Pradesh. Nine lakh people have benefitted from the scheme. In addition 274 villages have been covered by borewells. In 98 villages there has been comprehensive scheme with water treatment plants using water from Pennar Ahobilam reservoir as source. In 115 villages there has been another scheme with infiltration well in the bed of Chitravathi Reservoir at Parnapalli as source. The Sathya Sai Trust has also completed large water supply projects in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra.

Out of pure concern to humanity, during the time of disasters and calamities, volunteers from the Sathya Sai Seva Organisation are always found in the forefront carrying out relief and rehabilitation work. It is a tribute to the spirit of humanity that is professed by the trust of course taught by Sri Sathya Sai Baba. All godmen in India ask for donations. What is appreciative of Sathya Sai Baba is that he has used the money to take care of the poor. Otherwise, it is not humanly possible to provide such expensive free medical care, look after the poor and provide free water supply. The sathya sai's Bangalore hospital has conducted over 4 lakh heart surgeries free of cost. The trust is also responsible to 1,300 ashrams worldwide.

What is the philosophy of life of this man? Let me quote his own words: “Serve the poor with love. That alone can redeem you. Service to the poor is service to god. Sacrifice your life for the cause of the poor. Service to the poor is my only motto. I have no other desires. I am prepared to sacrifice even my life to serve the poor. Of what use is human life if it is not spent in the service of the poor?” For the services he has rendered to the poor and the deprived, the state and the nation needs to be grateful. Instead of celebrating his magical powers, it is better to examine his contribution to human development. If only other godmen(of all religion) follow his example, India would make a quick progress.

(The writer is the principal of St Joseph’s College, Bangalore)