Wings dump Blackhawks to take lead in division

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
Chicago: Pavel Datsyuk's overtime winner helped the Detroit Red Wings move to the top of the Central division with a 3-2 victory over the reeling Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday.
With less than two minutes remaining in the extra period, Datsyuk gathered a rebound and lifted a wrist shot from a difficult angle into the net as the Red Wings rallied past their divisional rival, who were consigned to a fourth straight loss.
"It was a good screen and I hopped on the puck," Datsyuk told reporters. "The goalie [Corey Crawford] just fell on the ice and I just shot and made sure I didn't miss."
Chicago led 2-0 on first period goals from Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp but could not hold on to the lead and are now mired in their longest losing skid since they dropped five straight in 2009.
Late equaliser
Detroit's Valtteri Filppula cut the deficit to 2-1 later in the first and that scoreline stood until Daniel Cleary tied the game with just under five minutes remaining in regulation.
Henrik Zetterberg assisted on both goals for the Red Wings.
With the win, Detroit (26-14-1) moved into a three-way tie at the top of the division with St. Louis and Chicago.
"I see this battle going on all year and the conference is tightening up as well. But we did give away a lot of ground here this week and it's up to us to regain where we're at," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said.