Why Canada is the first choice for Punjabies?

Could be easy immigration.....

Lot of punjabis already settled there....there is a hope that you will get help in settling down.

More chances of marriage based immigration due to significant number of punjabis there.

Personally, I have never been to canada but somehow I got a very negative image of punjabi's in Canada. I always hear their too much involvment in drugs, gang, fights. Most of them still have age-old professions such as truck driving and farm labour.
Community might have grown their but they have not evolved. I feel Sikhs settled in India other then state of Punjab are more educated, professional, evolved and still Sikh.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

:yes:yes

TIGERJATT

Ki dekhi jande sohneyo??
In reply to the original post, it is (as far as I know) the easiest country to get into and get pakka etc. There is also a large Sikh community there which makes its more attractable.

Personally, I have never been to canada but somehow I got a very negative image of punjabi's in Canada. I always hear their too much involvment in drugs, gang, fights.

Bro, you get this everywhere even in India. Don't forget that bad habits are brought over as well.

Most of them still have age-old professions such as truck driving and farm labour.
This is true mainly due to the fact as its the easiest route to get a job. If you look at the Indians going to Dubai they are doing very similar jobs, i.e truck driving.

Over here in the UK, the 'kache' are do construction/labour based work as the jobs are easy to get (although more difficult than before).

Community might have grown their but they have not evolved.
Bro, could you please expand on what you're trying to get across here, are you trying to say they should 'get with the times?' and become modern?

I feel Sikhs settled in India other then state of Punjab are more educated, professional, evolved and still Sikh.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're probably right that they are more educated, and professional seeing as Punjab has 75% of the 'Sikh' population living in Punjab, which constitutes about 60% of its population. Thus, you will get loads more uneducated 'Sikhs' there when compared to other states.(I'm going by figures stated on wikipedia - probably not accurate)

In cities like Delhi, Sikhs are a minority, but they will be more educated mainly due to the fact that the area is more developed and there is a lot more money being spent there.

Punjabs largest industry is Agriculture - you don't really need proper 'education' to do farming etc do you? Yes you will get 'Sikh' youths there who are uneducated, not working - but that's mainly due to the fact that they probably don't need to as their elders are bringing in the household income by doing their kethi baari (I'm talking about Jatts here) - which isn't good but there you go. I believe you can't do the same in Delhi - you have to be educated & professional :)

Apologies if I don't make any sense!!

ROSEMARRY

Becoz punjabi people wanted progress in their life . They always like to live shining life. In punjab there is not so much work and not much earning sources . But in canada they can earn more in indian currancy.