Why Canada is the first choice for Punjabies?

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
As we know most punjabies moved or moving to Canada. What you people think why punjabies always prefer to go to Canada? Even there so many beautiful countries exist in the world. Why canada is the favourite destination for punjabies......:med

pps309

Prime VIP
Could be easy immigration.....

Lot of punjabis already settled there....there is a hope that you will get help in settling down.

More chances of marriage based immigration due to significant number of punjabis there.

Personally, I have never been to canada but somehow I got a very negative image of punjabi's in Canada. I always hear their too much involvment in drugs, gang, fights. Most of them still have age-old professions such as truck driving and farm labour.
Community might have grown their but they have not evolved. I feel Sikhs settled in India other then state of Punjab are more educated, professional, evolved and still Sikh.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Rano

VIP
Could be easy immigration.....

Lot of punjabis already settled there....there is a hope that you will get help in settling down.

More chances of marriage based immigration due to significant number of punjabis there.

Personally, I have never been to canada but somehow I got a very negative image of punjabi's in Canada. I always hear their too much involvment in drugs, gang, fights. Most of them still have age-old professions such as truck driving and farm labour.
Community might have grown their but they have not evolved. I feel Sikhs settled in India other then state of Punjab are more educated, professional, evolved and still Sikh.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I dun agree wid u on that...even though ithe haiga kaafi drugs n all...but tht's lyk anywhere else... and jihna di veerji tusi gal karde paye ho...lyk farm labor...they r mostly those jehre kadi pare hi nahi ya jihna nu job na milan karke trucking ch jana peya....but jo loki pare likhe ajkal aaunde ne....most of them either upgrade their studies or their kids go to universities and all....and i think this is how the community is slowly evolving :y

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
PPS veerji main gayee te nahi Canada.. but I agree with Rano... drugs n all is everywhere... it depends ki tusi us paase jaana chahunde ho ya nahi.... baaki rahi gall labour n all... tan jehre lok well educated ne... ohna nu ki lorh hai eh sab karn di... oh tan ithe hi achhi roti khande ne.. labour da kamm tan oh vichare kar rahe ne.. jinna nu na tan punjab ch koi kamm milda hai te na hi canada jake koi dhang di job... par ajkal loki apne desh ch labour karn nalo duje desh ch jake karn nu apna standard samjhde ne... I dont know why.. je ehi kamm karke tusi apna dhid bharna hai tan india ch hi kar lo... ine paise rod ke apne jeeyan ton door kyun jaana :(

pps309

Prime VIP
labour da kamm tan oh vichare kar rahe ne.. jinna nu na tan punjab ch koi kamm milda hai te na hi canada jake koi dhang di job... par ajkal loki apne desh ch labour karn nalo duje desh ch jake karn nu apna standard samjhde ne...
Main thora ja dis-agree karda etthe thode naal...
Pelli gal ta Punajb to canada jaan wala vichara (economically down) ta hunda hi nahi. Most of them are from well-to-do families who go their after marriages, study based visa or paying lakhs to agents.

Je ohna nu India ch jobs nahi mildiya oh ess karke ki oh parde hi nahi ya fer ohna ne honestly try hi nahi kiti hundi, coz ohna ne apna mindset banaya hoya, ke jana ta canada hi aa. Oss to agge ohna nu kuch nahi pata hunda ke canada jaa ke karna ki aa. What they expect is, koi v kamm mil je chuk dene fatte.

ipodouch

i live in surrey, vancouver, canada, and it is packed with punjabi people
every time ur driving u'll see olld people walking to the gudwara or going to the local punjabi store.....
i feel that everyone want to come here because it is already versed with punjabies and there are lots of realitives here
...........................................................................................................
but one thing i do want to say is that im a canadian born boy and i am born and raised here.. main nu punjab vargi mauje nahi labani, i traveled to india two times once when i was 8 and once last year... fell in love with the country, beacause of the fun and freedoms u have, here my mommi and daddi do this everyday.....wake up, work, come home cook, sleep and do this every day, when ppl come from india with so many hopes and dreams sometimes they're not fufilled and when my cousins call from punjab i tell them that there is no life here except for the clean enviroment, and healthcare, but they ignore me and say that canada is rich, what they dont see (as well as lots of people) how r u going to become wealthy..., first u need a education, second u need to know fleuent english and lastly u need to be patient, because the first day u land at the vancouver international airport oney isn't gonna start running to u.

i felt like i had to say this, agree or not with me but this is the truth from what i'v been seeing for the past 15 years of my life.