weapons used against Indian Army in Operation BlueStar

Re: sant jarnail singh bhinranwalea

Subash Chandar Bose raised a regiment with the help of another country and its weapons and that was outside India, he was not able to bring those weapons or his regiment to India,

He fought the British(Who at the time were occupying India) with the same weapons.

pps309

Prime VIP
Yes, they had weapons.
Some licencsed, some unlicencsed......
Quite obvious weapons in Punjab came from neighboring countries just like Maoist have now, LTTE have. They have to get the waepons from neighboring countries because our own Armymen (Col. Purohit and others) can give the training & arms illegally only to Hindutva groups owned by Sadhvi Pragya Thakurs and other Senas.

If majority is getting direct/indirect help and support from defence forces, then to be on the safer side minority is to get it from neighbors........it is as simple.

Deep Veere, arms ik din ch thora aaye Punjab ch. Dharam yudh morcha 1973 (Anandpur Sahib Resolution) to chalya si. 1973 to 1978 tak aa morcha bohat peaceful siga. Oh ta jad govt de kann ch ju nahi rengi, kisse ne sunya hi nahi ulta Sikhs nu hi maar mukan lagge ta fer guns aaiya. 1978 ch 13 sikhs nu Nirankari te police waleya ne goliya maar ke saheed karta, no action was taken. after that this whole bloodbath started. History tells that Sikhs are tough to be overpowered by fear or arms.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
And the 'neighbours' helped Sikh extremists because they cared for them or they just wanted to harass India ?

pps309

Prime VIP
One more thing I would like to add, its just not only Pakistan and China who gave arms to Sikh revolutnaries.
More arms were given by Indian agencies to sikhs, to counter the revolunatries and even kill the innocent public to tarnish the good image and respect Sikh fighters were getting from common folks.

I was in Punjab during that time, although a kid but seen that very closely.
I have seen both type of people at that time. One who were very clear about their target and were never involved in harassing common people and others whom goal was to loot as much as possible.

I have seen 2 Sikh fighter who worked hard to convince Lalas in Mandi to stay in Punjab and even protected them from threats by looters. Both were killed in police encounters and I remember the crowd on their Bhog. It was huge, very huge. Who arranged such a large ceremony?? Mainly all the Lalas whom he convinced to stay there.

PS:- I guess I have gone off-topic. Regarding this topic, I have already posted my views in previous post.

deep

Prime VIP
Yes, they had weapons.
Quite obvious weapons in Punjab came from neighboring countries just like Maoist have now, LTTE have. They have to get the waepons from neighboring countries because our own Armymen (Col. Purohit and others) can give the training & arms illegally only to Hindutva groups owned by Sadhvi Pragya Thakurs and other Senas.

If majority is getting direct/indirect help and support from defence forces, then to be on the safer side minority is to get it from neighbors........it is as simple.

Deep Veere, arms ik din ch thora aaye Punjab ch. Dharam yudh morcha 1973 (Anandpur Sahib Resolution) to chalya si. 1973 to 1978 tak aa morcha bohat peaceful siga. Oh ta jad govt de kann ch ju nahi rengi, kisse ne sunya hi nahi ulta Sikhs nu hi maar mukan lagge ta fer guns aaiya. 1978 ch 13 sikhs nu Nirankari te police waleya ne goliya maar ke saheed karta, no action was taken. after that this whole bloodbath started. History tells that Sikhs are tough to be overpowered by fear or arms.
bhaji , if a hindu kills anybody that doesnot mean whole community is a murderer. samething applies for col purohit and pragya case , if they did and trained a few people then it doesnot mean that they armed whole community, so its not majority Vs Minority(i think so), bcoz if its so then hindu/sikhs are enemies, which is not the case.

rahi gal neighboring countries to arms aun di, kehra enna bhala manas hai ke millions de hathyar bina kise faide duje nu wandi jaoo?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
lols, so what was the recruiting process for the 'revolutionaries'
Who and how it was ensured that the 17-24 yrs old kids with ak47 will only do 'good'

deep

Prime VIP
Who and how it was ensured that the 17-24 yrs old kids with ak47 will only do 'good'
also for doing so called good they were rewarded with more sophisticated RPGs, LMG etc

pps309

Prime VIP
Deep Bro, I agree my majority minority comment doesn't hold much ground. It was a sarcastic comment anyhow.

Seriously, after 1978 Amritsar Massacre where govt aligned with Nirankaris to kill 13 sikhs, it was the time when first blood was drawn. After that it was all about replying back (bhaji morni) and getting justice (which was clearly not going to come from then Indian govt).

In such situation one will never care from where arms are coming, its just grab it coz u need it.
Deep bro, tusi oh muhavara ta suneya hi hona, "Boya perd babool ka ab aam kahan se hoye". Ohi gal si.

And the 'neighbours' helped Sikh extremists because they cared for them or they just wanted to harass India ?

Does it matter what agenda the neighbours had??? Germany(especially Hitler) and Japan had their agenda too when they helped Subash Chandra Bose enact the Indian National Army to free India. But we still consider him a freedom fighter? :wacko

userid50966

Grewal bhaji , here are some lines from other thread which i didnot posted and link to that thread

Brar, then decided on a change of plan. He ordered to occupy the roof tops of the clock towers as well as all the rooms along the parikarma. Army commandos rushed in from main clock tower entrance, their objective being to neutralize fire from Akal Takht in North. They ran into trouble as soon as they went down the steps, automatic gunfire hit them from both sides of stairs and more then 40 commandos lost their lives in less then five minutes, amazingly only two Bhindrenwale supporters were firing at them. Next batch of commandos were able to run down the stairs and turn right but here again, automatic gun fire from Akal Takht as well as old towers and water tank hit them. By this time Soldiers from Bihar regiment had cordoned off the whole Golden Temple complex, but not very effectively. Madras regiment was trying to enter through the Eastern gate and had reached many difficulties. While Kumaonis from North close to Langar were trying desperately without much success. So General Brar requested tanks to be brought in to Golden Temple, but he was give armored personnel carrier. Which was blown up by rocket launcher as soon as it had crossed Baba Deep Singh's Samadh.

https://www.unp.me/f16/blue-star-in-sikh-history-66725/
I was quite worry about last wo lines of ur post, because the tank that entered from Baba Deep Singh samadh was not blown by rockt launcher It is say miracle of the time that tank was got struck over there, and this is many people says that Baba Deep Singh Ji nea tank fadh leyea ,When u next time go to golden temple just enquire abt it th u will find it by urself

userid50966

bhaji , if a hindu kills anybody that doesnot mean whole community is a murderer. samething applies for col purohit and pragya case , if they did and trained a few people then it doesnot mean that they armed whole community, so its not majority Vs Minority(i think so), bcoz if its so then hindu/sikhs are enemies, which is not the case.

rahi gal neighboring countries to arms aun di, kehra enna bhala manas hai ke millions de hathyar bina kise faide duje nu wandi jaoo?

Veerji , how come you are so sure that out sources that provide weapons given them for free?
Sikh kissea da karja nahi rakhdea apnea sirh tea

userid50966

Yes, they had weapons.

MERE EER you are wrong about the time when this all started roots of the causes that most of us neglected while proving our self right is started in 1947-48, if I start discussing on this this will take us to new topic so first finish this on then start mew

The govt. did sent the army to arrest him :p we know it as Operation Blue star.

dear...go to school some day...learn to read books and be matured...!

army never arrests anybody...if somebody is to be arrested...police is to be sent...army is required either to attack or to defend or to capture...after capturing somebody...police takes charge of the person...but in operation bluestar...police was not involved in any sense...and if at all you have read about eye witness accounts of surviving people from operation bluestar...according to them...army started shooting without saying anything...do you think that action showed their intensions to arrest or to kill...!!!

you still consider it a matter of joke...as shown by the "lovely" smiley posted by you in your post...!

Never mind the intensions of the neighbours...they may be against india...but weapons were required by Sikhs at that time...!

in the same way subhash chander bose got weapons from germans or japanese to be used against britishers...do we dare to call him terrorist...weapons were required by him and it really doesnt matter from where he got...he wanted it and he got it form those who were against britishers...same thing would have happened again in case of sikhs...!

and let me tell all my friends here that...as shown by indian army the weapons discovered from them were so sophisticated that it would have caused 10 times more casuaties on indian army...but they never used those weapons...why..?

it is because...the actual weapons recovered from them were fewer than what was shown...army wanted to proove that they (millitants) had definite plan to attack punjab and declare khalistan...read investigation reports from independent media...not under govt. or sikhs...!

bhindrawale never said that kids must keep weapons...he simply said that since govt. and police is after sikhs so sikhs should protect themselves...keep arms with them...but the second thing immidiately after this was "there is no bigger crime than being an armed sikh and using those arms to kill innocents".

further, as i said earlier there was no evidence...even till date that those sikhs who killed innocents were sent by Sant bhindranwale...infact many people claim that they were not even true sikhs but agents of indian govt. disguised as sikhs...!

MERE EER you are wrong about the time when this all started roots of the causes that most of us neglected while proving our self right is started in 1947-48, if I start discussing on this this will take us to new topic so first finish this on then start mew

not in 1947-48...infact in 1930 when Mahatma Gandhi and congress provided statement that "sikhs of punjab are entitled for special recognition in independent india and a state would be set up in north india where sikhs will be able to get the glow freedom"...in 1949...constitution was enacted which stated that sikhs are part of hindu manifiold...!

then Punjabi language was betrayed by hindu majority of Punjab to devoid sikhs from having a Punjabi suba...as Punjabi was considered the language of sikhs by hindu priests and hindu leadership like arya samajis, RSS etc...these are few highlights...!

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
For the last four posts:

When the army asked devotees and militants to come out, only about 100 actually came out.
Did the rest chose to stay or were forced to stay, what does your research say?

If a group can hold off an entire national army for that long, that cannot be possibly ill-equipped or ill prepared.

And yet his men were forcing their idea of Sikhi on others using those weapons, slapping young girls for wearing Skirts and shooting people for not having vehicle number plates in Gumlukhi.

We can’t even seem to agree upon who’s a Sikh and who’s not, let alone the Leadership, How could we possibly consider Autonomy.

I present an eye witness account of a person who survived 3 days of battle within Golden Temple premises...this is what this person has to say...

"At 14.40 in the afternoon of June 1, suddenly the CRP without provocation started firing, aiming at the people inside the Parikarmas. There was no firing, from inside the Golden Temple. The firing by the C.R.P. was on the Harmandir Sahib and the Manjih Sahib. The firing continued till about 8 p.m." Sevadar Prithipal Singh added that the​
shooting which started from outside, was not preceded by any warning.

Similar things have been told by many eye witnesses who were interviewed separately...what do you say now...?
Now as stated in congress white paper millitants had highly sophisticated weapons which were not within the reach of defence forces that easily...but if they had those weapons...why didnt they fire...why they simply used ak 47's and machine guns etc...why not rocket launchers and other deadliest weapons...the story of such kind of sophisticated weapons was again cooked by the govt...those men were able to fight for 3 days or so simply because of commitment and arrangement of ex general Subeg Singh who was with them...but they never had rocket launchers etc...but machine guns and other similar weapons...!

due to media blackout indian govt. was able to feed self cooked story to all of India and many people like you are still trapped within its realms...!
dont just read congress white paper and make an opinion...learn to flip the coin as well...!

userid50966

For the last four posts:

When the army asked devotees and militants to come out, only about 100 actually came out.
Did the rest chose to stay or were forced to stay, what does your research say?

If a group can hold off an entire national army for that long, that cannot be possibly ill-equipped or ill prepared.

And yet his men were forcing their idea of Sikhi on others using those weapons, slapping young girls for wearing Skirts and shooting people for not having vehicle number plates in Gumlukhi.

We can’t even seem to agree upon who’s a Sikh and who’s not, let alone the Leadership, How could we possibly consider Autonomy.

I think answered thie thing in other post why u keep repeating same questions if u didn't get a chance to read it then read them i think it is under other thread but as u r involved in discussions so deeply u should be aware of each and every answer written on these posts we are not here to make thread longer without any reasonable question ? and whn some body asked u question u just walked away saying i'm out of this thread .
We are happy to share our views with u but make urself bit responsible and put habbit to read all the posts related to khalistan under any thread name becoz this is not timepass or joke for us so pls
for next time?