Tsismis: Latest gossips from the Pinoy world

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2724087529.jpg

Although Solenn Heussaff didn't win The Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Edition, she's considered by many to be the show's most celebrated contestant.

Before the reality show started in August, Heussaff was more known as an aspiring model and make-up artist. But in showbusiness, she was anything but a big-time celebrity.

Then came the reality show, where she was one of the favourites to win and made it to the show's final four. "I was hoping I would win, but I can't complain about the results I achieved. And I'm happy for Akihiro [Sato, the Brazilian-Japanese model who won], so it's all good," said Heussaff, who is half-Filipino, half-French.

Because of her growing popularity, she was immediately signed up by GMA and was given a lead role in the network's next big project, Captain Barbell, where she will be paired with Richard Gutierrez. "I'm excited about this new phase in my career. When I started, I just thought about coming out with a CD, a good one, that people will like. Now, I'm on TV and soon the movies," she said.

Noted film producer Lily Monteverde also signed her up for a multi-film contract with Regal Films. Heussaff is now working on her debut album with MCA Universal. "I really like the concept for my new album, which will have a lot of dance tracks and a couple of original compositions to showcase my singing talent," said the fast-rising star, who also dabbles in fashion and shoe design.

‘passion'

"The things that I was doing before, I would still continue doing them. I love doing make-up and designing clothes. Those are my passion, and I shouldn't stop now that I'm going to act or sing," she added.

Heussaff brushed aside rumours linking her to Gutierrez. "We are not dating. I'm just being seen often with his twin brother Raymond, who is also a stylist for leading fashion and lifestyle magazine. So people make the connection. But there isn't anything to connect, except to say that Richard and I are friends."

None of the other Survivor contestants have experienced this sudden rise in popularity, but Solenn sees this as her time to shine. "I'm sure the others will have their own opportunity, I'm just thankful I got my big break and I intend to take full advantage of it," she said.

My playlist: Mico Aytona

Song on repeat mode: Do You Remember by Boys II Men because I remember someone when I hear that song.

One to make me cry: Four Seasons of Loneliness by Boys II Men. I fell in love with the lyrics of the song. The lingering loneliness of the words make me cry.

This one makes me move: Just a Dream by Nelly, because the beat is irresistible.

At karaoke I would sing: The Last Time by Eric Benet - because I used to sing this for a girl who was really special to me.

Track I'd skip right now: Single Ladies by Beyonce. I've had enough of the numerous versions of this song.

Abrenica packs a punch

Rising actor Aljur Abrenica has announced he's been chosen to play the lead role in the TV adaptation of Machete, a film about a magical warrior. Abrenica will reprise the lead role earlier played by Cesar Montano in 1990, and Gardo Versoza who did a remake in 1994. The actor says he has been waiting for the last three years for the project to materialise. At that time, he didn't have the physique needed for the role. Now all bulked up, Abrenica was ecstatic when told he was the first choice among actors who were being considered for the role.

Gretchen's best year

Screen diva Gretchen Barretto surprised many when she recently launched a perfume line for Bench, a leading fashion brand in Manila. At the media launch, the actress says the latest endorsement was the fitting finale to a magnificent year, in which she top-billed in TV series, Magkaribal, and received two awards for her role in Maalaala Mo Kaya. "Best year ever, and so I am very thankful," she said. Now, she is looking forward to act alongside Angelica Panganiban, with whom she had a highly publicised spat earlier this year.

Reyes' in a Fighting mood

Sexy siren Cristine Reyes (pictured) targeted singer-actress Sarah Geronimo last week.According to Reyes, Geronimo made a snide remark about her during the rehearsal of ASAP, a TV series. Reyes took offence at Geronimo's remark about great dancers (apparently referring to matinee idol Rayver Cruz, who was rehearsing for a dance number) being sought after by sexy girls (referring to Reyes). According to Reyes, Geronimo's remarks were uncalled for, and was made with Cruz and Reyes in mind. Geronimo has not reacted to Reyes' stinging attack, but friends say the pop princess was only joking and had no particular person in mind when she made those remarks.

Aga Moves on

After 18 long years with ABS CBN, top actor Aga Muhlach is said to be moving to TV5.Muhlach has reportedly signed a contract that will take effect in January 2011. His first project is said to be a comedy series, co-starring TV5's top talent, Willie Revillame.

[/img][/COLOR]