Giddha is a popular folk dance of women in Punjab, Traditional gidda dress is quite elegant. During giddha dance female wear style choli with ghagra or lehnga which is loose shirt upto ankle-length or wear ordinary Punjabi Salwar-Kamiz, rich in colour, cloth and design. The ornaments that they wear are suggi-phul which is worn on head to pazaibs, haar-hamela, gem-studded golden necklace, baazu-band and raani-haar which is a long necklace made of solid gold.Females also wear GIDDHA JHUMKIES.The giddha dress adds charm to females grace in their dress.Giddha dress outfits are neccesary for giddha dance.
Parts Of Traditional Giddha Dress :
• Dupatta / chunni /scarf: This is heavily embroidered in a gidda costume. Chunni is overtaken over head.scarf is used to cover head.
• Kameez :- It is type of shirt.
• Salwaar :- salwar are thebaggy pants
• Tikka :- Tikka is jewellery on the forehead.
• Jhumka :- Jhumka are the long dangling earrings.
• Paranda :Paranda is the braid tassle.
• Suggi-Phul :- It is worn on head.
• Raani-Haar :It is a long necklace made of solid gold.
• Haar-Hamela: It is a gem-studded golden necklace.
• Baazu-Band :It is worn around upper-arm of the body.
• Pazaibs : these are the anklets. [/img]