Recipe Thai Red Curry Chicken

tomarnidhi

Ingredients:

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked, cut in strips
250 ml (about 1 cup) Red Curry Sauce (e.g. Sharwood's Thai Red Curry, tastes great!)
1/2 large green pepper, cut in strips
1/3 large cucumber, sliced
6 large mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon citrus marmalade (you should aim to purchase a low-sugar marmalade with about 20 cal/tbsp)
1 cup steamed Jasmine Rice
1/2 jalapeno pepper (optional)

Method :

In a non-stick skillet or wok, stir-fry the pepper, cucumber, and mushrooms in the lime juice and marmalade at medium-high heat. Do not use oil. Stir-fry for five minutes or until the mushrooms darken in color. Add the curry sauce and chicken to the skillet. Stir to coat chicken and vegetables evenly. (You may also add the jalapeno if you desire a spicier sauce. Press the pepper into the pan while cooking to release the pepper's juices into the sauce.) Let the sauce and ingredients simmer for five minutes on medium-high, then remove from heat. Serve over steamed jasmine rice.

Comments: No oil or coconut milk, and it still tastes great! (The Sharwood's curry, however, includes coconut milk in its ingredients) I recommend baking the chicken breast ahead of time for the healthiest preparation.

It is traditional in Thai cooking to serve cucumber raw on the side or arranged around the plate. My recipe suggests frying the cucumber in the lime juice and marmalade. It is simply a personal preference, and I find it tastes great. Also, you may serve the dish with crushed peanuts on top, but this adds fat, calories and protein (and the chicken breast already provides protein).