Samsung has announced its brand new mid-range Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660, which is the little brother of the Galaxy ACE.
The Gio gets a 800MHz processor and has a smaller 3.2-inch touchscreen, a 3 Megapixel auto focus camera. It packs A-GPS, 2GB internal memory, Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11n, FM tuner and microSD card slot.
Samsung’s Galaxy Gio runs Android 2.2 and comes with Quicktype by SWYPE keyboard, ThinkFree office.
The Android phone works with quad-band GSM/EDGE and dual-band 3G/HSDPA networks.
The 3.2-inch mid-range Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 smartphone would be officially revealed to the world in forthcoming Mobile World Congress 2011 in February 2011.
Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Specifications:
- Display: 3.2″ 320×480 HVGA TFT
- OS: Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Processor: 800MHz (MSM7227-1 Turbo)
- Memory: 150MB + inbox 2GB + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Android Browser: RSS reader
- GPS: A-GPS
- Sensor: Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- Battery (Standard) Li-on: 1,350mAh
- Dimension: 57.5 x 110.5 x 12.15 mm (102g)
- WiFi 802.11 (b/g/n)
- Bluetooth technology v 2.1
- USB 2.0 (High Speed)
- 3.0 MP AF Camera
- Single Shot, Continuous Shot, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
- Multiple Homescreens
- Hybrid Widgets
- Search in Browser
- QVGA@15fps / WVGA@30fps
- Codec : MPEG4, H.263, H.264
- Format: 3gp(mp4)
- 3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker
- MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+
- Google Maps™, Latitude, Places
- Google Maps™ Navigation(Beta)
- Android Market
- Samsung Apps
- Integrates SNS, Email, IM and Calendar Accounts
- Integrated Calendar (Google/Facebook/Outlook)
- MS Exchange ActiveSync
- HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Quicktype by SWYPE
- ThinkFree (Document Viewer & Editor)
- Multi-touch zoom
- FM Radio (RDS)