Review Singh vs kaur (problems) Singh and kaur is ryt name

*Amrinder Hundal*

Hundal Hunterz
I'll like to talk about the problems with it. Most of you will find them hard to stomach, but I just watch the movies in too much detail. These issues might not even matter to most of the viewers, butnonetheless they are issues.

First off, action sequences. Except for the first one, the rest of them were average. Gippy did his part quite well andI don't mind him doing more of it in his next films. He was kicking and punching rather well, but the scenes were more about stylized running shots and less about actual fighting. It seems the flying kicks and 360 jumps are coming back into Punjabi cinema. The same gundas were being beaten again and again. One of them was even wearing same blue pants in two separate scenes.

Next up a lot of abrupt editing. In the first half a number of scenes jumped into one another quite harshly. In some scenes the dialogues were not going with the lip movement. The entire song 'Masi de Gayi c' was a fiasco. Sometimes Gippy was lip syncing slower than the song itself. I'm 100% sure it was shot without permission with a hand held and disguised camera. In most of the scenes you could see the shadow of the camera man falling on Gippy. I'm very sure that no additional lighting was used in this song.

There were a couple of continuity errors as well. Gippy parks his bullet in front of the Bhoond when Surveen leaves for the second time. You can even see it when Surveen asks the driver to go. But when the scene shifts, it magically disappears.

When Gippy and Binnu are sitting in front of the laptop in the scene where they see Surveen's photograph for the first time, Binnu's laptop is off. It's quite visible and I'm sure everyone will notice that. Avtar Gill's beard was falling off in the scene where he challenges Gippy at his home.

Also the scene with Surveen and her mother along with Rana Jung Bahadar at her supposed to be ultra rich mansion in Canada was meant to be shot in Canada, whereas it was quite obvious thatit was shot in Punjab in a normal house.

As for the story, I found it week. More emphasis was given on comedy scenes and they were stretched to huge lengths withoutany relevance with movie. The whole premise was Gippy's lies for keeping her mother happy and have villagers off his back. He even goes to Canada wasting 7 lakhs of his money, but when it comes to wrap up the film, they simply finish it off in one single scene at Gurudwara. Gippy cries and his mother forgive him. What about the villagers? Why create such an elaborate network of lies when it was so easy to get rid of it all.
The whole Japji Khehra and her family taking Gippy for their son-in-law is lifted from Dhai Akshar Prem Ke. Even this plot is simply killed by Sardar Sohi simplysaying ¡°I knew it all¡±.
But most of all I hated the scene where Gippy abuses and that too 3 times. Maybe many of you guys will like it and don't mind the abusive language. Going as far as Saala is one thing, but proper BC? That was sick. The worst was that they bleeped it out. If you have so many guts, why don't youshow it as you shot it.

And one last thing, the movie should have been titled Singh andKaur. The audience in the theater enjoyed it, and so did I. Gippy's comedy makes it worth the ticket.It will probably do quite well on box office, but Punjabi Cinema seems to be going towards farcical movies. There seems to beno initiative towards serious cinema. Well, maybe one step at a time. Singh Vs Kaur is good. It will work. The best Punjabi film in 2013 so far .