R Sridhar appointed Andhra Ranji coach

[JUGRAJ SINGH]

Prime VIP
Staff member
R Sridhar, the former Hyderabad left-arm spinner, has been appointed coach of the Andhra Ranji side for two years.

Sridhar, who began his coaching career in 2001, has been part of the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore and was the India Under-19's assistant coach during the World Cup in February in the UAE. He has also worked with Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2014 as the franchise's fielding coach.

"I thank Andhra cricket for this wonderful opportunity to further my coaching career in Andhra, a state with which my relationship goes a long way back," Sridhar said in a press release.

Sridhar will be looking to guide the side to better performances in domestic cricket. Andhra finished seventh in the 2013-14 Ranji Trophy season, winning just one game. In limited-overs tournaments, the results were equally middling. In the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament, they finished last in the South Zone group and failed to progress to the Super League. Although their Vijay Hazare campaign also ended on a similar note, Andhra were third on the South Zone table, behind Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.

Sridhar's first-class career spanned 12 years in which he played 35 matches, taking 91 wickets. In 15 List A games between 1992 and 1998, Sridhar took 14 wickets.