Punjab News Punjabis in Dance India Dance

chief

Prime VIP

BEST FOOT FORWARD
The contestants have left no stone unturned to impress the mentors

Two youngsters from Punjab have inched closer to bag Mithun Chakraborty's coveted Taqdeer Ki Topi on Zee TV's dance reality show Dance India Dance. Jalandhar's Saajan Singh and Amritsar's Jack Samuel Gill made a wild card into the show and now are part of the Behetareen Baraah or the final 12 contest- ants.

Saajan, a member of Remo Ke Rangeelay, has all the more reason to rejoice with the masters calling him num- ber one in the dance form called B-boeing. His determi- nation to win can be gauged from the fact that he has learnt the dance form all by himself just by watching videos on television. Saajan had missed the final audition by a slim chance but Mithun da was so impressed with the lad that he called him again during the wild card round, despite the fact that he was competing against many good dancers. Saajan's Charlie Chaplin act with Naresh and Meenu vowed the audience.

"I had left no stone unturned to impress the men- tors during the wild card round," says Saajan, who per- formed some deadly stunts that won him the most num- ber of viewers' votes last week. Credit also goes to his brother who took out a pro- cession in Jalandhar, appeal- ing people to vote for Saajan.
Interestingly, his brother was caught by the Jalandhar Traffic Police but the moment the cops got to know that Saajan was representing Punjab on a dance show, they too joined the procession!

Amritsar's Jack Samuel Gill, who is from Terrence Ki Toli, was the other standby stashed away by Mithun Da and who has now made it to the final 12. A contemporary dancer, Jack is confident to make Punjabis proud by his unique dancing ability.

"While I am basically from Amritsar, my parents had immigrated to Norway when I was very small," he says, adding, "but I was always and will always be a Punjabi at heart."

Jack plans to visit Harmandar Sahib before the finals to take blessings for his journey further in Dance India Dance. He made it into the final 12 with a splendid performance with Ameeth on the song Saali khushi wherein he performed a unique dance form called `lyri- cal hip-hop.'

Meanwhile, we wish the best Punjabi munda wins!

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Jack Samuel Gill ...ah kedha da nam ah punjabi vich...kithe joginder toh jack ta nahi kitta...well this show is nice...really awesome dance......bake bhi ahh fav like Nikitasha,shakti,kruti etc but,dharmesh & lovely Binny sharma fav :)