Player of Tournament aims to make it to the Pakistan team

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Dubai: Zuhaib Ali, who bagged the Player of the Tournament award, wants to play for Pakistan one day. Ali, who hails from Multan, scored 392 runs and took five wickets in the tournament for London American City College.

Speaking to Gulf News after bagging the prestigious award at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Ali said: "It was a special feeling to play on the pitch where my country beat Sri Lanka a few days ago and one day I too want to play for Pakistan," remarked Ali, who hit two centuries and two half centuries in the tournament.

In the final yesterday, Ali hit 54 runs but his knock went in vain as American University of Sharjah emerged champions.

When asked which was his best knock in the tournament, Ali said: "I hit 151 runs off just 61 balls against Ajman University. I like to play aggressive knocks like Shahid Afridi and playing on the pitch in which he hit 75 runs and took five wickets made it a special day for me."

Interestingly, this is the first time Ali is playing in an inter-collegiate tournament. He was spotted by skipper Wasim Bari who invited him to play for the team and he rewarded his captain's confidence with huge scores.

"I began playing cricket with my relatives when I was a three-year-old. I watch every match played by Pakistan and even other teams. My idols are Brian Lara and Mike Hussey. I like the way they demolish the bowling attack," said Ali.