One-yr-old denied treatment by doctor, dies

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A year old infant, Kush, son of Raju, a resident of Mainpuri died on Sunday morning after reportedly being denied treatment by a local private doctor, Dr AK Jain, as his parent didn't have money to pay for his treatment, thanks to demonetization of the Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes.
According to Raju, a resident of Padampur village, his son was suffering from fever and was admitted by Dr Jain on Saturday night. "Doctors were treating him till I had the money in Rs 100 notes but once I ran out out of them and had only a note of Rs 500 left with me, they advised me to take him to a government hospital where my currency would be accepted", he said.
He said with no option left, he took his son away and he died later. Though the district magistrate, Chandrapal Singh, has formed a committee of doctors to ascertain the truth behind the incident, it's of no solace to Raju.

A profusely crying Raju told media that his son could have been possibly alive, if he had the money to pay for his treatment. Following the incident, the DM has ordered "free of cost" treatment in government hospitals for three days from November 14 to 16. He has also issued an order to the community health centre and hospital not to charge a single penny from patients.
Meanwhile, highlighting the severe cash crunch being faced by the residents, the DM has written a letter to the RBI demanding fresh currency to the highest tune of Rs 25 crores to be made available to the banks for disbursement every day.

n his letter the DM has said, though the daily need of fresh currency, following the demonetization, in the district is Rs 25 crores, banks had received only Rs 30 crores for the past three days.
According to the public relation officer of the district, around 95 percent ATMs are non functional. There are a total of 127 branches of various banks in the district but majority of them have no Rs 100 and Rs 50 notes. According to information, Rs 150 crores have been deposited in various banks and post offices in the district till now