Need some help with utorrent

chief

Prime VIP
correct me if i am wrong folks.

running the recovery will return it to factory default settings. that will result in complete data loss. first get the data archived on dvd's or external hard drives.

only then think about reinstalling

umang26

like a star!
allright forget about reinstalling windows..when was the last time that ur utorrent worked fine? whatever was the date..go to system restore in Help and Support
Right click My Computer>System protection(left side)>Click system restore>Choose a different restore point>select the date when your utorrent was working fine>click finish!

if this doesnt work then you HAVE to reinstall windows.
if u want to move data, u either have to create a new partition by partition magic or some other software which is risky coz u might end up loosing all data..OR
you have to get the data on dvds or external hard drives..OR
you have install windows in another folder on the same drive and later delete ur old windows folder!<<this would work best if u dont have the second option!

Rano

VIP
thnk you everyone for providing ur best insights :hug
I have tried restoring too, i did that, but nothing changed. As told by shaukeen gabru, i installed bittorrent too, but as soon as i opened the torrents that i had opened in utorrent, the same thing happened. So now whenever i open bittorrent or utorrent, the same thing happened. I thought then prolly torrents hi bekar hone...but i checked each one carefully, they had good comments for them.
Do u guys think smthg else cud be done instead of formatting or reinstalling windows....coz i dun wanna loose any data....and partition mainu karni ni aaundi >du

umang26

like a star!
^ bitcomet and bittorrent are different..

you have to install windows in another folder on the same drive<<this method wont remove any of ur data..and will give u a fresh windows too

Rano

VIP
thank you so much umang26 :hug
i'll do that :gig if i have vista rite now...can i still update to windows by the same method as u said? lyk by making the folder?

umang26

like a star!
im not really sure about that..but whatever u do, do NOT click the format option at any place!..otherwise u should be good :) ..

and u do not have to make a folder, when u reinstall the windows, it will ask u to format the drive or leave the system inact..choose the inact option..this was in xp.. i forgot about vista but if u are unsure about how to do it, then ill check and let u know..just tell me if u get stuck at some place

main kal raati 2 times laaya disk checking layi.....but this dumb pc...stopped after stage 4 of 5 :com then main laake saun gi sigi...n uth ke dekhiya..pher uthe hi rukiya peya :com
n pardeep.sangha ji...jidaa tusi keha vi windows dobara pa lao....rite now i have windows vista...and je windows 7 paungi ..then koi chakar taa ni?? >du and data nu D:/ E:/ ya F:/ ch kime payida??? I have two drives, c:/ ch data vagera hai...and D:/ is my recovery drive.
tusi apna sara data copy karke d: drive ch rakho te fir window reinstall kar lyo.....

Though there are many factors result in a slow computer, and it is sure that, at some point in time you’ll have to upgrade the RAM modules, or graphics card, or maybe even purchase a whole new computer package. You can still try the steps below to speed up your computer.

1) Uninstall the programs that you don't need.
2) Delete the files you don’t need
3) Use the disk clean-up option in Windows to regularly clean up the system junk files.
4) Turn off System Restore feature.
5) Use a reliable registry cleaner to clear the windows registry.
6) Regularly scan the computer for viruses and spyware.
7) Remember to disable some unneeded startup items.

Once you have done the above point, follow the steps below:
1)defragment your hard drive- A GOOD solution to speeding up your computer by effectively managing the files on the hard disk as you can see more detailed information here.
2) Turn on the real-time safe-guard feature of your anti-virus program to protect you computer at any time.

These are what I have done when trying to speed up my computer, and wish it helps you, too!