Kamya Punjabi: Never borrowed 2.5 lakh from Pratyusha, it was a business association

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Pratyusha Banerjee's friend Kamya Punjabi and Rahul Raj Singh's former lawyer Neeraj Gupta deny the allegations against them
After Rahul Raj Singh's declaration that he would file defamation cases against his detractors, we got in touch with Kamya Panjabi and Neeraj Gupta to get their side of the story. While the former says Pratyusha had paid her Rs2.5 lakh as a sponsorship fee, the latter says Rahul came to him for advice after Pratyusha's death.

Rahul stayed in my office, he had no home: Neeraj Gupta
Neeraj Gupta, Rahul's former lawyer, dismisses his claims and says, "I will advise him to file the case quickly. Taaki uske consequences toh pata chalein. Mujhe pata chalega ya usse pata chalega, woh toh samay hi batayega." He adds, "Rahul stayed in my office for two days. Woh kya zabardasti leke gaya tha - I got him admitted to the hospital. His family stayed in my office for two days because they didn't have a home. I took him to Siddharth Hospital (where the post-mortem was conducted) in front of the police. Let him say what he wants to. I have known Rahul for six-seven years. We came in contact when he produced a Bhojpuri film. He approached me himself after the incident. I only told him, 'Bhaago mat idhar udhar. Police ke saamne jao.' He had called me around 9.30pm on April 1 (the day Pratyusha committed suicide) to seek my advice."

Kamya Punjabi and Vikas Gupta didn't wish to comment on the probability of a defamation case against them. However, Kamya said that she hadn't borrowed Rs2.5lakh from Pratyusha. "BCL ka playoff season aaya tha TV par. I am the owner of Jaipur Raj Joshilay team in the cricket tournament. Pratyusha, being my friend, was the brand ambassador of the team. She wanted that her dad's NGO be promoted through our team since there was media involved. She had given me Rs2.5 lakh as the sponsorship amount. We had made standees and we did many media interviews during that time. Borrowing Rs2.5lakh is different and sponsoring a team are two different things. I have proof to show that it was sponsorship money. Aaj tak aisi naubat nahin aayi hai ki udhaar maangna pade. This happened around three years ago when Rahul wasn't even in Pratyusha's life. Tell him to get his facts right. Jaipur Raj Joshilay is my team and I have bank accounts of the team. Jo humne standees banwaye thay woh bhi humne NGO ko waapis kar diye thay," she says.