Jagmeet Brar backs Amarinder

Lily

B.R
Staff member
alandhar December 8:

Senior Congress leader Jagmeet Singh Brar said he would extend full support to Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Amarinder Singh to remove the SAD-BJP coalition government from power in the state.

“Our main objective is to remove the SAD-BJP coalition from the saddle to bring the Congres back to power.To achieve it, I will extend support wholeheartedly to Amarinder Singh”, said Jagmeet Singh talking to reporters.

“The political conference at the Maghi Mela at Muktsar will be most crucial for the Congress. As Muktsar is part of the Ferozepur parliamentary constituency, from where I contested last time, I will go all out to ensure a record turnout at the conference”, he asserted. “ In fact,I will hold a meeting at Gidderbaha on December 15 to mobilise people for the Maghi conference. Gidderbaha is a Vidhan Sabha segment from where I had taken a lead twice in two Lok Sabha elections.

And that also when Parkash Singh Badal, Sukhbir Singh Badal and Manpreet Singh Badal comprised a united family”, said Jagmeet Singh. Aware of the importance of the Maghi conference, Amarinder Singh has made Avtar Singh Brar, Congress MLA from Faridkot, in charge of the arrangements for the conference. Asked about giving charge of the conference to Avtar Singh Brar in his politicial territory,Jagmeet Singh said “ the collective objective of all of us is to make the Maghi conference a big success and set the ball rolling for the next Vidhan Sabha elections.

I will work with full devotion to mobilise people for the conference as I have no ill-will against anyone”. On the other hand, former Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal has also announced to hold a political conference at the Maghi Mela. It will be his showdown with the ruling SAD and the Congress.