‘I’ve fallen in love, I should die’, writes 15-year-old in suicide note

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A 15-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her room at her house in Sahibabad village on Wednesday afternoon. The body was found by the girl’s mother on Wednesday at around 2pm.

According to the police, the mother of the girl, who works in a factory in sector 62, Noida, came home at around 2 pm. The girl, who was a student of class 8 in a private school nearby, lived with her mother in a rented house.

They mother-daughter duo shifted here six months ago. They hail from Punjab.

Preliminary investigation indicates that the girl’s mother opposed her relationship with a boy from the locality, who is also a minor, police said.

“The mother informed the neighbours about the incident who then called the police. Preliminary investigation revealed that the girl was upset as her mother was angry with her over her relations with a boy from the locality,” said Anup Singh, circle officer, Sahibabad.

In her suicide note, the teenager said she was ashamed of the mistake which she committed and that it was unpardonable.

“.. Mother, I have committed a lot of mistakes in life but I have also committed a mistake for which there is no forgiveness. I have hurt you a lot… I have fallen in love and this is why I should die. Please tell (the boy) that I am sorry...” wrote the girl in her suicide note.

The police have not lodged a complaint yet.

“The mother found the suicide note in the room where the girl committed suicide. The mother has not filed a complaint in the matter though the body has been sent for post-mortem,” said Singh.